No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding a hockey program is a lot like managing a stock portfolio. Ignore the day to day noise and focus on the trend.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Yeah, yeah, yeah....patience. How long is that going to take?
      And the "Architect of Maine Hockey '92-'93" has spoken....Mr.Maine Hockey, aka KIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post

And the "Architect of Maine Hockey '92-'93" has spoken....Mr.Maine Hockey, aka KIA.
        I wouldn't expect you to understand a line from a comedy skit.

Comment

I wouldn't expect you to understand a line from a comedy skit.
          If or when you get back to Alfond Arena, as your going up to your perch in the rink...as your walking by me....explain it...Sec. DD Row 4 Seat 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post

If or when you get back to Alfond Arena, as your going up to your perch in the rink...as your walking by me....explain it...Sec. DD Row 4 Seat 5.
            I won't be getting back to Alfond for the foreseeable future (see previous Petri Dish discussion)
            Here's the skit. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajEOZ4tBqjQ

Comment

• Mike McMahon thought that the weekend was an overall success FWIW.
              • The scores weren’t pretty for Maine, but they played two competitive games against Omaha, on the road, and I thought they got better on Saturday night compared to Friday night. That’s all good signs for new head coach Ben Barr. I watched a good chunk of those games and thought Maine made adjustments in the second game and generated more opportunities because of it. Puck possession was fairly even, whereas last year the Black Bears were getting out-possessed most nights. I don’t want to overreact to one weekend (good or bad), but it was a competitive weekend against what should be one of the top teams in the NCHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                Rebuilding a hockey program is a lot like managing a stock portfolio. Ignore the day to day noise and focus on the trend.
                Not at all sure that we'll see even a trend this year. This team isn't any good, and it won't trend anywhere.

Barr's first and second classes of recruits will likely tell the tale as far as the future goes. Scotty Bowman couldn't coach this sub-mediocre team into a contender. Maine needs an infusion of actual talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Not at all sure that we'll see even a trend this year. This team isn't any good, and it won't trend anywhere.

Barr's first and second classes of recruits will likely tell the tale as far as the future goes. Scotty Bowman couldn't coach this sub-mediocre team into a contender. Maine needs an infusion of actual talent.
                  Who is saying anything about them being a contender? The style of play, their compete level, amount of mistakes all can tell an upward trend.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• In case anyone thought next weekend might be a nice easy home opener, the final from Agganis Arena:
                    Sacred Heart 3
                    (12) Boston U 2

And it wasn't a fluke. Sacred Heart looked solid.

Comment

In case anyone thought next weekend might be a nice easy home opener, the final from Agganis Arena:
                      Sacred Heart 3
                      (12) Boston U 2

Hockey east didnt do well across the board last night.

Comment

In case anyone thought next weekend might be a nice easy home opener, the final from Agganis Arena:
                        Sacred Heart 3
                        (12) Boston U 2

Not trying to siminish SHU, definitely not an average AHA cupcake, but methinks BU might be overrated, again. Lost to UConn at home too.

Comment

• Yeah, its not your fathers BU team

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Yeah, its not your fathers BU team
                            Neither is Maine.

Comment

• Swayman, 3rd star and opening night win for the Bruins

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Who is saying anything about them being a contender? The style of play, their compete level, amount of mistakes all can tell an upward trend.
                                Last I checked, moral victories are still counted as losses. Trend, schmend, until there are W's on the ledger.

This is still a Red-level team. I'm hoping that Barr can recruit some talent at forward, and clean out some guys who will never pan-out.

Comment

Working...
                                X