This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Maine takes a penalty at the same time they give up a PPG to start a fresh kill. Experience Black Bear hockey.

Comment

• 3-3 headed to the third. Maine will have 1:56 left on a power play with a clean sheet to begin the final frame.
      Last edited by amkirby10; 10-09-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Maine heading into the 3rd with a chance to win again. The penalties are obviously frustrating but they’ve looked like the better team for large stretches tonight. Omaha has more talent but Maine looks like they’ve made adjustments and are generating a lot more grade A’s than last night

Comment

• I don't see much different from past years. Penalties, shorthanded goals against, giving up a goal right after they scored.....

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
            I don't see much different from past years. Penalties, shorthanded goals against, giving up a goal right after they scored.....
            Its the second game of Year 1, don't you think thats a bit early to write them off entirely? Most of these kids are holdovers from the last coach, they're probably still used to his system, a few weeks of practice and 1+ game isn't going to be enough to shake it entirely. Somebody else mentioned it looks like they've made adjustments, something Red didn't really do, and Barr already benched Suthers for a bad penalty last night, something Red definitely never did. It's going to be a process, and playing two tough games against a ranked team on the road to start out isnt too shabby if you ask me.

Comment

• Good sections still available for the home opener next week against Sacred Heart. I'd go if not for the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Good sections still available for the home opener next week against Sacred Heart. I'd go if not for the virus.
                I noticed this the other day and it’s pretty disappointing. It’s not a name opponent but would hope a lot of people would show up for Barr’s first home game and likely will be his first win. Prices are still way too expensive.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Next game is in two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                    Next game is in two weeks.
                    So it is. Weird time for a bye week.

The two nights combined Maine played 4-4 the first two periods but were destroyed 5-0 (so far) in the third.

Comment

• Obviously not the ideal outcome, and some frustrating things to be sure. But it's still early, they played a good team hard in their barn, and I would be willing to bet they improve as the season goes on. I've still got plenty of confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I noticed this the other day and it’s pretty disappointing. It’s not a name opponent but would hope a lot of people would show up for Barr’s first home game and likely will be his first win. Prices are still way too expensive.
                        I realize the school has to charge admission but I'm sure as hell not paying to be stuck in a Petri Dish with 3000 strangers for three hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Obviously not the ideal outcome, and some frustrating things to be sure. But it's still early, they played a good team hard in their barn, and I would be willing to bet they improve as the season goes on. I've still got plenty of confidence.
                          A mixed bag. Plenty that looked familiar (in a bad way) but there are sparks of promise in there too. Poisson paced the team again with seven shots, but three players were right behind him at six apiece. He also led the team with four on net, but eight other players had multiple shots on goal. Faceoffs improved drastically as the game went on and ended up even. Omaha blocked 17 shots to Maine's four. That and special teams carried the day for the Mavericks. A tough weekend to be sure, but did anyone really expect different against a ranked team on the road? They kept it close both nights. Just have to work on keeping composure and closing the deal in the third.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

A mixed bag. Plenty that looked familiar (in a bad way) but there are sparks of promise in there too. Poisson paced the team again with seven shots, but three players were right behind him at six apiece. He also led the team with four on net, but eight other players had multiple shots on goal. Faceoffs improved drastically as the game went on and ended up even. Omaha blocked 17 shots to Maine's four. That and special teams carried the day for the Mavericks. A tough weekend to be sure, but did anyone really expect different against a ranked team on the road? They kept it close both nights. Just have to work on keeping composure and closing the deal in the third.
                            I tend to agree. Also, if this is last year or if Red is still the coach, they probably play one game like the ones we saw for real, and lose like 1-7 in the other game.

Comment

• Sorry to see you guys dropping a pair to UNO. Not too surprising, but I'm sure they'll bounce back with a win or two in a couple of weekends from now against Sacred Heart. Coach Barr will now have some time to continue to work out the bugs with a roster mostly filled with someone else's recruits, and get them to adjust further to his expectations, and rid them of some of the bad habits they developed as a group under the previous coach. Patience is a virtue.

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              I realize the school has to charge admission but I'm sure as hell not paying to be stuck in a Petri Dish with 3000 strangers for three hours.
                              That's your choice, no one is forcing you to do anything. FWIW If you've gotten the vaccine, you really have nothing to worry about, unless you think the vaccine doesn't work? In which case, IF it doesn't work, then why is the Mr. Magoo Administration and its lackeys in academia trying to force everyone to get it? It's really gotta be one or the other, unless you are predisposed to being frightened by your own shadow as a lifestyle choice, right???

Median average age of death from the Wuhan Flu? 79 yrs. old (older than average life expectancy)
                              Chance of death from the WF if you're under 40 yrs. old and not immunocompromised? 0.0001%

UNH managed to eke out barely over 50% capacity this weekend for two games against Union.

UMaine should at least be able to do the same weekend after next for Coach Barr's home debut, no?
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                                Bugger off. Seriously. Just take your idiotic shipshow to the UHN thread. Go. Away.
                                You can keep saying this 'til you're blue in the face, but it's still a free country (I think so anyway) ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X