The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Something seems to be enjoying its heavy-handed moderator *powers* a little bit too much, I'd say.

Here's an idea - why don't you take your super-duper powers out for a walk to visit with Coach, and ask him if he's bothered by any of this "fat chat"? He looks like a pretty tough-minded guy, and I can't imagine he hasn't encountered this before, it doesn't bother him, and it goes with the territory. This bizarre desire to "protect" someone who doesn't need or want protection, I'm afraid, says a whole lot more about where you're coming from than it does about anyone else.
    For someone who only wants hockey talk in the forum you seem awfully chatty about coach's weight. To paraphrase Herb Brooks: Worry about your own team. Plenty there to keep you busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      For someone who only wants hockey talk in the forum you seem awfully chatty about coach's weight. To paraphrase Herb Brooks: Worry about your own team. Plenty there to keep you busy.
      Actually, no, that's not what I said. I did state a preference for hockey talk to preening Karens on here virtue signaling about restrictions on attending games at Alfond Arena. Big difference. We have enough of the latter out there in real life, I guess some think we need more of it here? Maybe you can get 'em medals, awarding them for their Herculean "stay safe" efforts?

So, you gonna take me up on my suggestion to run this fat stuff past Coach Fortier then, right?
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Actually, no, that's not what I said. I did state a preference for hockey talk to preening Karens on here virtue signaling about restrictions on attending games at Alfond Arena. Big difference. We have enough of the latter out there in real life, I guess some think we need more of it here? Maybe you can get 'em medals, awarding them for their Herculean "stay safe" efforts?

So, you gonna take me up on my suggestion to run this fat stuff past Coach Fortier then, right?
        Off your meds again? The cycles are obvious.
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

Comment

• Seems like "fat" talk outweighs the game talk, ***? Chuck, lets hear about the game, what did you think listening or watching it?

I didn't watch or listen, losing sucks, losing because of a PP goal in 3rd is deja vu all over again. Not unexpected early in the season though. Goaltending will be a strong point once again. Can't wait to see them play some HE teams.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Ben Poisson ended the night with eight shots attempted and seven hitting the net. No one else had more than two shots on goal and only Sirota and Bisson had as many as four shots attempted (both had one on net). UNO was much more balanced, with Taylor Ward getting off six shots and three players each with five and four shots. Maine needs more players to step up. The Bears aren't going to win many games with one player accounting for a third of the shots on target.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Seems like "fat" talk outweighs the game talk, ***? Chuck, lets hear about the game, what did you think listening or watching it?

I didn't watch or listen, losing sucks, losing because of a PP goal in 3rd is deja vu all over again. Not unexpected early in the season though. Goaltending will be a strong point once again. Can't wait to see them play some HE teams.
              UMaine lost to a more talented and experienced UNO squad. It will probably happen again tonight? There will be plenty of those this season, but give Coach Barr time, and he will have things turned around no later than 2024. Take that to the bank.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Something seems to be enjoying its heavy-handed moderator *powers* a little bit too much, I'd say.

Here's an idea - why don't you take your super-duper powers out for a walk to visit with Coach, and ask him if he's bothered by any of this "fat chat"? He looks like a pretty tough-minded guy, and I can't imagine he hasn't encountered this before, it doesn't bother him, and it goes with the territory. This bizarre desire to "protect" someone who doesn't need or want protection, I'm afraid, says a whole lot more about where you're coming from than it does about anyone else.
                Bugger off. Seriously. Just take your idiotic shipshow to the UHN thread. Go. Away.

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Looks like Suthers got the *** for the penalties last night in the third period. Poissant comes in for him and Houle and Westerlund switch spots.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Looks like Suthers got the *** for the penalties last night in the third period. Poissant comes in for him and Houle and Westerlund switch spots.
                    Good to see that won't be tolerated.

Comment

• Also, I was just checking the box score, and was the GWG for Omaha scored on a PP for Too Many Men? That makes me stomach turn if true...

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Also, I was just checking the box score, and was the GWG for Omaha scored on a PP for Too Many Men? That makes me stomach turn if true...
                        The penalty was for crosschecking, but same difference. It was terrible discipline, especially in the third period of a 1-1 game.

Speaking of bad discipline. Already 1-0 UNO after a PPG.

Comment

• Nice to see the fourth line tie the game
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Looks like Suthers got the *** for the penalties last night in the third period. Poissant comes in for him and Houle and Westerlund switch spots.
                            Already paying dividends. Poissant feeds Hebert to tie the score at 1 midway thru the first.

Comment

• Maine 1 UNO 2
                              Shots 19-7 Maine
                              On Goal 11-6 Maine
                              Faceoffs 13-8 UNO

Better balance tonight. Five players with multiple shots on goal. UNO selling out on defense blocking six shots. Maine needs to work on faceoffs. Aside from Breen's 5-2 mark the Bears are 3-11 on faceoffs, with the goals coming six and 10 seconds after faceoff losses.

Comment

• Maine takes a penalty at the same time they give up a PPG to start a fresh kill. Experience Black Bear hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X