The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I thought I saw Tuesday , could be wrong on that.. Here is another local radio that will have him on. https://929theticket.com/maine-hocke...vs-quinnipiac/
    It was Wednesday last week but maybe it changes week to week?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post

I was listening, was there a video feed? Seemed like the team can't get away from the penalties, and they paid the price. The penalty kill is terrible. All three goalies were equally bad. I realize the game was just exhibition, but I can’t remember many blowouts quite that bad.
      Walshy first year they lost to minnesota by double digits, 16-2 or something close and that was middle of season.

Did the team practice before this game? or was this the first organized team practice?
      Last edited by walrus; 10-03-2021, 06:30 AM.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Walshy first year they lost to minnesota by double digits, 16-2 or something close and that was middle of season.

Did the team practice before this game? or was this the first organized team practice?
        https://bangordailynews.com/2021/10/...om-quinnipiac/

It sounds like they have been practicing for a while.
        https://bangordailynews.com/2021/10/...oaching-staff/

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It was Wednesday last week but maybe it changes week to week?
          The coach’s show is on Wednesday nights and is currently featuring both football and hockey. Ben is on for the last 30 minutes of this last week’s show but its football for the first hour.

During the show John basically ask Ben about his overall option of the team and its players. Ben names a half dozen forwards he’s excited to coach and states he thinks the offence will surprise people. When asked about the defense he pauses and says Sirota is a decent player and they believe Breazeale will develop into a good defenseman. Zero about the rest of the DMan.

Last edited by Tango; 10-03-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post

The coach’s show is on Wednesday nights and is currently featuring both football and hockey. Ben is on for the last 30 minutes of this last week’s show but its football for the first hour.

During the show John basically ask Ben about his overall option of the team and its players. Ben names a half dozen forwards he’s excited to coach and states he thinks the offence will surprise people. When asked about the defense he pauses and says Sirota is a decent player and they believe Breazeale will develop into a good defenseman. Zero about the rest of the DMan.
            Sirota and Spicer would make a good second pair and Butala and Bisson would make a nice third pair but there isn’t really a true first pair. There are a number of other guys who also would be decent enough to be on the third pair. Other than Sirota I’m not sure there is anyone else you would really want on the point on the PP. No doubt it is Maine’s biggest shortcoming this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post

He has sized it up pretty good.

Comment

Walsh's first year Maine hosted Minnesota and lost 4-2 and 8-1 on October 26-27, 1984.
                In his second year the Black Bears lost out there 8-3 and 16-2 on January 3-4, 1986.
                Maine would not defeat the Gophers until January 15, 1988 (6-4 at Alfond) and in the 3rd place game (5-2) at the Frozen Four.

Comment

• I'm not really surprised at the result. Quinnipiac has a quality team, probably will be a top 10 team all year so they clearly are a step above.

I will also add that even though they got walloped, I'm glad they scheduled that game against a good team instead of a PEI to at least get these guys ready to play. Nothing wrong with an early wake up call to let them know they need to play better and be more disciplined to win games. Hopefully that is a lesson they learned the hard way.

Comment

• New recruit: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...-kiecker-olson

He didn’t have a great season last year but is off to a really good start this year. He looks promising enough to me.

Comment

Walsh talked about that somewhere. He said that he wept in his hotel room after that embarrassing ***-whupping.

I'm not sure that I buy that, but the thing is, Maine got really good a couple of years later.

Shawn was a great BS artist, and a great recruiter. (Probably the same skill-set.)

If Barr is half as good as Shawn was at recruiting, Maine should be relevant within a few years.

Comment

• Just heard a rumor that the (new) UMO policy for attendance at indoor events will require either proof of vaccine or recent negative covid test and masks. Not unexpected really with covid peaking in the Bangor area right now. Anyway, keep an eye on the UMO website for an update.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                          Just heard a rumor that the (new) UMO policy for attendance at indoor events will require either proof of vaccine or recent negative covid test and masks. Not unexpected really with covid peaking in the Bangor area right now. Anyway, keep an eye on the UMO website for an update.
                          I have NO problem with this, but, enforcement at the entrances will be interesting, IF true(I have my doubts as they just released the updated mask only policy last week). Campus PD better be ready…..
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

• It was nice for awhile, seeing discussion turning back to hockey, but I see the Karens have returned ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              It was nice for awhile, seeing discussion turning back to hockey, but I see the Karens have returned ...
                              Then leave..
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                Then leave..
                                No thanks, Karen. I'll stick around in hopes of real hockey discussion again.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X