The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

My concern with the poll is more that it kind of sends the message the other coaches don’t rate Barr. They’re basically saying he is going to take a very similar team to what Red had last year and finish two places worse with it.
    I think a lot has to do with the fact that Maine was "eighth" last year despite having fewer wins/points than UNH and Merrimack. I wouldn't have wagered much money on Maine having the winning record it would have needed in its games in hand to pass either school.

Comment

• Chit, shouldn’t ME be ranked numero uno ? Super coach and the Alfond a rockin …. What more is needed?

Yeah sure…. Okay more seriously I wish I could have attended more of Walshys center ice club meetings at Penob Valley CC during the day. That dude was laser focused on what the other teams in the league and nationally (um this guy was focused on schools out west?, hmmm interesting) we’re doing. His energy and enthusiasm for this game had no limits. Until he talked about upcoming freshman and those on his radar. Very riveting, I was hooked.

That said, ain’t it gonna be fun to see if the Barr can be raised and yet, more importantly, reached ?
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I also think they're probably better than Merrimack and UNH. I'd also put them eighth, but these polls are always mostly meaningless anyway.
        Totally meaningless, yeah, but I'd be (pleasantly) shocked if Maine finished higher that 7-8th. There is very little talent for Barr to work with... For now.

Comment

My concern with the poll is more that it kind of sends the message the other coaches don’t rate Barr. They’re basically saying he is going to take a very similar team to what Red had last year and finish two places worse with it.
          other coaches know he inherited a mess, you're reading WAY too much into this

Comment

• Lines for tomorrow:
            24-12-23
            14-27-11
            3-34-28
            17-4-36

26-2
            37-18
            29-6
            22-5

Comment

• Originally posted by oilen View Post
              Lines for tomorrow:
              24-12-23
              14-27-11
              3-34-28
              17-4-36

26-2
              37-18
              29-6
              22-5

Odd that everyone wouldn't get ice time in a closed scrimmage. More cuts or injuries I suppose? Althought I read that Brady Gaudette has entered the transfer portal so there is that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Odd that everyone wouldn't get ice time in a closed scrimmage. More cuts or injuries I suppose? Althought I read that Brady Gaudette has entered the transfer portal so there is that.
                Zach Aughe, Kevin Hoch and Remy Parker were also cut. Emil out for med reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by oilen View Post

Zach Aughe, Kevin Hoch and Remy Parker were also cut. Emil out for med reasons.
                  I really, really like this. The roster has been way too big in recent times and this is a massive step in the right direction. I think 24 is the absolute max there should be for skaters.

I know some people would say what’s the harm in having more but it impacts practice and the amount of time the coaching staff can dedicate to each player. There is a financial cost associated with having extra players as well. I think the the biggest thing is not letting any Tom, Dick, or Harry on the team, there have been way too many guys in the last 15 years who just weren’t good enough.

I do feel bad for the kids who got cut and hope they find situations that work out better for them.

The lineup very much reflects Barr’s comments Wednesday night. It sounds like Renwick is going to be really good and Breazeale better than we would normally expect.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The lineup very much reflects Barr’s comments Wednesday night. It sounds like Renwick is going to be really good and Breazeale better than we would normally expect.
                    Has Barr started a weekly coaches show like Red did? Ive been looking but not seen it. The weekly "coaches show" seems to be football.

Comment

• Well, if tonight is any indication we're in for a long season...

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                        Well, if tonight is any indication we're in for a long season...
                        Couldn’t watch, cliff note version? QU is a tourney team dont forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                          Well, if tonight is any indication we're in for a long season...
                          Couldn't watch, how bad was it? Did they show fight and spirit, and compete, or was it just a roll over and die type deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

Couldn’t watch, cliff note version? QU is a tourney team dont forget.
                            Maine really struggled on special teams which is understandable given the coaching staff hasn’t spent tons of time with the guys on the team. I though Breen and Dawn looked great and Houle looked like he was struggling. I would swap him and Dawcett and suspect the lines will get reworked.

Of the newcomers I was impressed with Renwick, Dawcett, and Suthers. I didn’t notice Hebert and Brezeale but that doesn’t mean they were bad or anything like that.

Im sure some folks will be upset with the result but I don’t think it means a whole lot and the game will be very valuable as far as getting ready for the season.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Has Barr started a weekly coaches show like Red did? Ive been looking but not seen it. The weekly "coaches show" seems to be football.
                              I thought I saw Tuesday , could be wrong on that.. Here is another local radio that will have him on. https://929theticket.com/maine-hocke...vs-quinnipiac/
                              Last edited by walrus; 10-03-2021, 05:10 AM.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Couldn't watch, how bad was it? Did they show fight and spirit, and compete, or was it just a roll over and die type deal?
                                I was listening, was there a video feed? Seemed like the team can't get away from the penalties, and they paid the price. The penalty kill is terrible. All three goalies were equally bad. I realize the game was just exhibition, but I can’t remember many blowouts quite that bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X