No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a new position that Barr created?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      Barr is setting the table for success. Let's see how the meal tastes once fully cooked.
      For the next year or two, we'll see how good he is at sprucing up everyone's leftovers.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• This position mentioned in Larrys bdn article today. Maybe not so exciting as thought. He cant go on ice and will replace Walsh, volunteer position, and try to take on some of the director if hockey operations role.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

This position mentioned in Larrys bdn article today. Maybe not so exciting as thought. He cant go on ice and will replace Walsh, volunteer position, and try to take on some of the director if hockey operations role.
          What is his Venmo? I feel like we should all send him a few bucks. Kind of ridiculous he isn’t getting paid for all of the work he is doing.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You’re special, huh?
            They were talking about fans, not you.
            Chuck’s the Zamboni driver you dumb azzes. :-)
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

This position mentioned in Larrys bdn article today. Maybe not so exciting as thought. He cant go on ice and will replace Walsh, volunteer position, and try to take on some of the director if hockey operations role.
              I was wondering if it was going to be a similar move to Michigan's Brandon Naurato hire, but if he can't be on-ice I suppose it'll just be more behind the scenes work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

What is his Venmo? I feel like we should all send him a few bucks. Kind of ridiculous he isn’t getting paid for all of the work he is doing.
                Yeah, it'll be a one year gig likely. The guy is educated (working on phd) and has pretty good experience for a young guy. He must get something payment wise? He has to move here for god sakes.

Venmo? Sorry I guess Im old and not up to speed on new terms.

Comment

• Nyquist getting inducted into black bear hall of fame!
                  It doesnt seem that long ago I was on the last flight of the day from detroit to BIA (midnight) sitting across the aisle from a young man who was looking over a recruiting folder for umaine hockey. He was met by Kerluke and Corkum at the airport getting off plane.
                  Later learned it was Nyquist as we saw him play etc. Lol.
                  He was fun to watch play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

With his real world experience and wealth of education, I don't think he's hurting for money. If he was he could certainly take something other than a volunteer job.

Comment

Nyquist getting inducted into black bear hall of fame!
                      It doesnt seem that long ago I was on the last flight of the day from detroit to BIA (midnight) sitting across the aisle from a young man who was looking over a recruiting folder for umaine hockey. He was met by Kerluke and Corkum at the airport getting off plane.
                      Later learned it was Nyquist as we saw him play etc. Lol.
                      He was fun to watch play.

He was an elite college guy, and an exceptional pro. Perhaps Barr can bring someone of his ilk to Orono, just as Tim did.

Been a while
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-16-2021, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post

Chuck’s the Zamboni driver you dumb azzes. :-)
                        He sure isnt the water bottle goddess
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Memories……
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Wow, that's a deep dive into the way-back machine for that one, wally ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• The Hall of Fame program
                              https://www.flipsnack.com/UMaineAlum...4-58e7607249d0

Live stream starts at 7:45 tonight
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srA-...f-90fc3cf6a220

Comment

Memories……
                                Going way back to the godess. No wonder we were good back then
                                Last edited by acs64; 09-19-2021, 04:10 PM.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X