This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’m pretty sure teams have always been able to play the USNTDP in addition to the one exhibition game. I’m indifferent whether Maine plays them or not where we haven’t gotten much talent from them in the last 20 years or so.
    We haven't exactly had a stellar recruiting core for the past many years. Bringing in the USNTDP is a great, easy way to access a lot of top recruits at once.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Obviously I wasn't around in 04, but isn't it a bit generous to say we're as deep as then? Perhaps there isnt really a "bad" player in our projected forwards corps, but aside from Breen and Dawe, nobody stands out as a impact player. The top talent is lacking still. Speaking of Dawe, I can't believe he's a senior already. I remember following him before he got to Orono and being really excited to see him play, and now he's already in his last year. Crazy how time flies.
      Agreed, those forwards are mostly 3rd-liners on a good team. I have no expectation that Maine will score much this year.

But as Wayuphere points out, if a dramatic improvement happens under Barr, it will take time.

(Or a Timmy-style purge, followed by wholesale upgrades.)

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

216 lbs at 17 yrs old, hope he can skate.
        He is from buffalo, you bet he can!!
        Good town!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

He is from buffalo, you bet he can!!
          Good town!
          https://bangordailynews.com/2021/09/...-4-defenseman/

https://bangordailynews.com/2021/09/...sistant-coach/

Comment

• Good news that Perez is going to be volunteer assistant. If I was him I would try to get a job on a boat. He could make a lot of money next couple months then not have to do much over the winter.

Its also nice to see Barr saying good things about Renwick. I suspect he is one of the better forwards Maine has brought in recently. There’s no reason Maine shouldn’t be over .500 this year.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• BELFAST HARBOR (WIS) - Following up on the mysterious appearance of a large rubber duck over the summer in Belfast Harbor, intrepid WIS investigative reporters have made some breakthroughs to potentially explain the duck's origin and ownership. It seems that a tall ships event organizer named Craig Samborski from Duluth MN has been responsible for a large 70 foot rubber duck's appearance at various nautical events in some of the world's largest harbors over the last decade or so, with this linked video item covering the large "Mama Duck" and its appearance in Toronto ON Canada circa Summer 2017.

Further investigation and research has led to information that a smaller duck was also created by Samborski, and may fit the appearance and description of the faux waterfowl more recently spotted in the Downeast. References to the smaller duck are contained in this article-only link below, indicating it has been the subject of naming contests in the past, and often travels separately from its "Mama" duck, which seems to be a revenue generator for larger events in big cities.

https://www.therecordherald.com/news...all-ships-erie

Wondering if the little guy is still moored in Belfast Harbor, or has left/will leave after this weekend?

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Its been gone for weeks, its in Isleboro last I knew
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  blahblahblah
                  For the love of God, go away. Fill some other thread with your idiotic drivel.

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    Blah blah blah idiotic drivel.
                    What are you, the Thread Police?

You seem to have a lot of opinions on who can say what, and where they can say it.

To say you are the poster child for "US Freedom of Speech '21" would be an understatement. Don't let me interrupt you, I'm sure you were just about to say something profound, any year now ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• For all of you who live closer to campus, is there anything official regarding covid protocol? Seems to me that unless things change, should be full capacity with maybe mask requirement? Apologies if I missed an announcement on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                        For all of you who live closer to campus, is there anything official regarding covid protocol? Seems to me that unless things change, should be full capacity with maybe mask requirement? Apologies if I missed an announcement on this.
                        Things are really bad in Maine right now and my guess is best case being that you can attend with proof of vaccination and a mask. Hopefully things get better between now and the start of the season.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

For all of you who live closer to campus, is there anything official regarding covid protocol? Seems to me that unless things change, should be full capacity with maybe mask requirement? Apologies if I missed an announcement on this.
                          Just talked with ticket office yesterday about something unrelated, they had no further info than what is on the website where you buy tickets. But they thought it would likely change.

I got back into season tickets earlier for this year after a break before ole delta smacked us. If knowing where we are now I think I would have waited for next year.
                          Last edited by NorthMike; 09-09-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I called last Friday to renew tixs. Asked many of these questions and was basically told that their policies will be updated the end of September and will reflect the state of the virus locally at the time. Currently masking is the requirement. BUT, the greater Bangor area is a total crapshow right now with covid and unless the numbers slow down then expect more restrictions. What restrictions? Wide range of possibilities….
                            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                            Just win.....

Comment

• FWIW, the exhibition vs. UPEI is not listed on the Panthers' website.

Comment

• Sorry to intrude ;-) but I posted a couple of links on the UNH thread. UNH is requiring masks indoors, postponing reunion activity until the spring.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X