Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine got another commitment: https://www.wichitafallswarriors.com...mmits-to-maine

The story to me almost reads that he is coming this year but it’s obvioisly very late for that and Maine already has a lot of guys on the roster.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Maine got another commitment: https://www.wichitafallswarriors.com...mmits-to-maine

The story to me almost reads that he is coming this year but it’s obvioisly very late for that and Maine already has a lot of guys on the roster.
      He is 22, must be this year??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

He is 22, must be this year??
        it says 19 in the article
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I believe he is a 2002 so would be 19?

Has Maine had many players from Wisconsin? I was thinking there was a small dman about 10 years ago whose dad played in the NHL. Zabkowicz was the other one I was thinking might have been from Wisconsin. No one else came to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Yep, my bad.

Comment

• It's going to be interesting to see who plays and who sits this season. Any predictions of the starting lines? I'd guess that one or two of the transfers might make it into the top 6. Should be very competitive between players to get a chance to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                It's going to be interesting to see who plays and who sits this season. Any predictions of the starting lines? I'd guess that one or two of the transfers might make it into the top 6. Should be very competitive between players to get a chance to play.
                My guess is top six is Schmidt, Breen, Dawe, Hebert, Renwick, and Poisson and bottom six is Suthers, Quinlivan, Westerlund, Morrissey, Fawcett, and Houle. I think Weis would be more bottom six than top six if he comes this year.

For me this is probably the deepest Maine has been up front since 2004. It obviously helps a lot that Maine has two bonus forwards in Quinlivan and Westerlund. There are a lot of unknowns after everything that has happened in the last year and a half but I think Maine could be a lot better than people expect.

Comment

My guess is top six is Schmidt, Breen, Dawe, Hebert, Renwick, and Poisson and bottom six is Suthers, Quinlivan, Westerlund, Morrissey, Fawcett, and Houle. I think Weis would be more bottom six than top six if he comes this year.

For me this is probably the deepest Maine has been up front since 2004. It obviously helps a lot that Maine has two bonus forwards in Quinlivan and Westerlund. There are a lot of unknowns after everything that has happened in the last year and a half but I think Maine could be a lot better than people expect.
                  Obviously I wasn't around in 04, but isn't it a bit generous to say we're as deep as then? Perhaps there isnt really a "bad" player in our projected forwards corps, but aside from Breen and Dawe, nobody stands out as a impact player. The top talent is lacking still. Speaking of Dawe, I can't believe he's a senior already. I remember following him before he got to Orono and being really excited to see him play, and now he's already in his last year. Crazy how time flies.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Obviously I wasn't around in 04, but isn't it a bit generous to say we're as deep as then? Perhaps there isnt really a "bad" player in our projected forwards corps, but aside from Breen and Dawe, nobody stands out as a impact player. The top talent is lacking still. Speaking of Dawe, I can't believe he's a senior already. I remember following him before he got to Orono and being really excited to see him play, and now he's already in his last year. Crazy how time flies.
                    I was saying since then, this year’s team won’t be anywhere close to that team’s.

Hopefully they have enough options that they can find some combinations that work well together. I think Hebert and Renwick will be good and hopefully Fawcett and Suthers are decent as well. One thing that has held Maine back in recent times is that when you only have five or six decent forwards you’re very limited in what you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                      The benefit of working from home means I'll be staying in Maine during this season, so I re-upped for season tickets.

Wayuphere I'll be just a couple rows behind you so looking forward to seeing you at games again.
                      Awesome! Not under the balcony anymore, I moved my seats 2 years ago over by the penalty box, first row, chair backs for the aging bones. Will see you there!
                      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                      Just win.....

Comment

• Re: New guys. Based only on paper of course and coaches comments, but I sense a more “working” flavor to the recruits. Love it! A hard working successful team will lead to the flashier players down the road. Baby steps…
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

• Sounds like the exhibition game is going to be cancelled and they might play one against another US College team instead.

Comment

Sounds like the exhibition game is going to be cancelled and they might play one against another US College team instead.
                            Or perhaps the USNTDP? I know they've played them before in the past in exhibitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Or perhaps the USNTDP? I know they've played them before in the past in exhibitions.
                              I’m pretty sure teams have always been able to play the USNTDP in addition to the one exhibition game. I’m indifferent whether Maine plays them or not where we haven’t gotten much talent from them in the last 20 years or so.

Comment

My guess is top six is Schmidt, Breen, Dawe, Hebert, Renwick, and Poisson
                                These may be the top six, at least on paper, but Renwick, Dawe and Schmidt are all right shots. Westerlund might fit into the top six, with Renwick playing further down. We won't know till we get to see them play of course. They do seem to have a lot of righties, so someone might end up playing their off side.

Just for fun; Line 1, Hebert (LW) Dawe (C) Schmidt (RW), Line 2, Poison (LW) Breen (C) Renwick (RW). Any other guesses?

What about D?

Comment

Working...
                                X