This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    Exactly. As you and ticap sagely put it, plans need to be put in motion for the best case scenario. If that has to change at a later date, so be it.
    Why not wait until you’re confident you can have fans then sell tickets?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Because there may not be a final decision made until a couple days before the game, which isn't nearly enough time to market tickets.

Comment

• This ticket conversation is almost as interesting as the Chuckie talk.

I'm very excited about the 2 goalie recruits that have committed. Barr was very smart to keep Michaud who is developing a great reputation as a goaltending coach.

Comment

As ticap said, it's far easier to refund tickets than it is to sell them. Any fan who is uncomfortable with the situation doesn't have to buy tickets. Problem solved.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            This ticket conversation is almost as interesting as the Chuckie talk.

Exactly.

I'm very excited about the 2 goalie recruits that have committed. Barr was very smart to keep Michaud who is developing a great reputation as a goaltending coach.
            Agree. Love the Fortier hire as well. Think the future if very, very bright.

Comment

• Maine got another commit today, forward from Ontario. He is a few years away from Orono.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine got another commit today, forward from Ontario. He is a few years away from Orono.
                Jared Coccimiglio. Looks like he sat out the year because of COVID, with 0 GP in 2020-21 according to EliteProspects. In 2019-20, last time he played, he had 19-11-30 in 34 games for his U16 team. He does look a few years out, like Drew said, but 30 points with 19 goals in 34 games looks solid. We'll have to see how he plays in a new league after what looks like a year off from games.

Comment

Maine got another commit today, forward from Ontario. He is a few years away from Orono.
                  I could totally off base, so please correct me if I'm mistaken, but Barr seems far more active on the recruiting trail than Red. Possibly it's more of a vested interest now that Barr has restoked some interest, but it seems like the commits are coming fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post
                    I could totally off base, so please correct me if I'm mistaken, but Barr seems far more active on the recruiting trail than Red. Possibly it's more of a vested interest now that Barr has restoked some interest, but it seems like the commits are coming fast.
                    More than anything else, Barr knows that you only get to press the "new car smell" of your hire at a new program for just so long before it returns to the status quo (i.e. the Gendron Era). He's done this before, and the success he's enjoyed at most of those previous stops speaks for itself. So he's creating a buzz, building some momentum, and setting the stage for what seems like an inevitable climb back up the HE standings, then back up the D-1 pyramid as well.

He's doing exactly what I expected him to be doing. Exciting times in Orono ... and yes, I'm admittedly jealous. Enjoy the ride, folks.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Thanks Chuck. I don't know why some Maine fans are so down on you. We've got bigger things to worry about than a UNH fan starving for his own team's success and coming to a Maine thread for a few morsels of college hockey comradery.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/liamlesakowski4/...256964100?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                          Thanks Chuck. I don't know why some Maine fans are so down on you. We've got bigger things to worry about than a UNH fan starving for his own team's success and coming to a Maine thread for a few morsels of college hockey comradery.
                          Just looking to talk hockey - nothing more, nothing less. I was on here well before Barr's hiring.

I could lie and say I think he's going to fail badly, if that makes you happier?
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• A 6'4" defenseman. Liam Lesakowski - Elite Prospects

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              216 lbs at 17 yrs old, hope he can skate.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• The benefit of working from home means I'll be staying in Maine during this season, so I re-upped for season tickets.

Wayuphere I'll be just a couple rows behind you so looking forward to seeing you at games again.

Comment

Working...
                                X