This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Are we going to find out what the coaching staff looks like this week? t.
    It should happen soon, right. In a couple weeks the team historically would all be in orono. No freshmen this year it seems but they would come in first of august.
    Dont need a full coach staff at this point but it is getting close.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

It should happen soon, right. In a couple weeks the team historically would all be in orono. No freshmen this year it seems but they would come in first of august.
      If Jeff Cox is correct and Jason Fortier HC of the Odessa Jackalopes in the NAHL is Barr's guy the delay could be visa things.

Comment

I think a lot of years most of the team is on campus by early July. I assume that hasn’t happened this year with Covid but have seen on social media there are some teams in Hockey East with a lot of players on campus.

I think for freshmen Breazeale, Gould, and Renwick are all coming right? I really hope Renwick doesn’t bail.

Forgot to mention in my post last night that it seemed like all of hockey east was way down from where it usually is. I wonder if there was some backlash over not letting scouts into rinks?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I think for freshmen Breazeale, Gould, and Renwick are all coming right? ?
          Could be, Ive been scratching my bald head over what the roster might look like.
          Elite Prospects cant be up to date do you think?

Comment

Could be, Ive been scratching my bald head over what the roster might look like.
            Elite Prospects cant be up to date do you think?
            That’s def not accurate. There are at least six guys on that list who won’t be in Orono this year.

Comment

It’s disappointing not to have anyone drafted and a little surprising after Swayman’s success that both Ostman and Zadorozhny would be passed over. Maybe Alfie isn’t as highly rated by the NHL folks as he is by us fans? Hopkins should be drafted next year and hopefully that starts a long run where Maine has someone selected every year. It’s not important to have tons of NHL draft picks but you certainly want some.

Are we going to find out what the coaching staff looks like this week? One of the stranger things I’ve seen Maine taking so long. They’ve got to be on plan D or E at this point.
              Plan D or E, where do you get these ideas..?? I would think that Barr has everything going as planned...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post

Plan D or E, where do you get these ideas..?? I would think that Barr has everything going as planned...
                Maybe you’re right, but to put things into perspective Umass hired Barr’s replacement on May 20th. It could a visa issue or something like that but it’s strange it would drag on for this long. Hopefully whatever is going on they resolve it soon.

Comment

• JD Greenway's signing rights have been traded to the Boston Bruins.

Comment

Maybe you’re right, but to put things into perspective Umass hired Barr’s replacement on May 20th. It could a visa issue or something like that but it’s strange it would drag on for this long. Hopefully whatever is going on they resolve it soon.
                    Should have used American Express.

Comment

• I’m thinking I need to send Chuck a pair of blue and white Pom poms
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Not hockey related. For several weeks when I go to the app on my phone it tells me there is an updated app and provides a handy button to download the new app. Which doesn't work. Searching in the app store for USCHO comes back with CHN at the top of the list and no USCHO. Has anybody else experienced this? Any millenials out there who can educate me?
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          I’m thinking I need to send Chuck a pair of blue and white Pom poms
                          UHN blue and white or Maine blue and white??
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Either one would work for the ole duffer.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

I was thinking the same thing. No pom-poms here, though. I've never been a yahoo homer, not for any team. I will get 100% behind my team if they show me they deserve it, but I will always have my eyes wide open to their flaws, and won't ever deem anyone to be above a certain level of criticism.

For example ... both of my hockey teams are in the competitive dumpster in recent years. The Wings have been even worse than UNH, for what it's worth. But the Wings have given me much more reason to support them in the past, even when they went through the difficult "close call" years, building for the Cups that followed (not all that unlike what UNH went through on either side of the turn of the century), and they eventually were ruthless in getting a known winner (Bowman) on board who got them over the top. Even right now, the GM in Detroit is only 1,000+% more trustworthy than the AD in Durham, since I know winning hockey is very important to the former, and only of apparent marginal interest to the latter.

You guys now have an AD that gives a crap, and he's gone out to hire the best coach available.

That's the way it's supposed to work. Apparently, that's news to Blue Skies ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Someone posted this interview with Barr on facebook. Interesting and insightful. Along the lines of what we had previously heard from him, but in more detail and depth.

The Hockey Think Tank Podcast | Episode 168 - Ben Barr on Podbean https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-afjp2-f60701f

Jason Fortier confirmed by Barr that he is trying to hire on staff. Spends some time talking about his attributes.

​​​​​​
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 07-27-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X