Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure I saw this mentioned here already, but it looks like Barr picked up an experienced F transfer from RMU:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ghebert97?lang=bg

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      Not sure I saw this mentioned here already, but it looks like Barr picked up an experienced F transfer from RMU:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ghebert97?lang=bg
      That looks like a great pickup! He is likely mates with Schmidt and Drobot where he played with them in Fargo.

I noticed there was a quote from Westerlund the other day that he was excited to meet all his new teammates and wondered if maybe more guys are coming in than we are publicly aware of. Hopefully Barr can find a really good offensive dman too.

Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        The most fan-friendly schedule in a long time. No weekday games, no home games during fall or Thanksgiving break (Portland on Thanksgiving weekend) and only the Fairbanks series during winter break. No games Homecoming weekend which is nothing new.

At BU on Crockpot weekend when the Terriers have their focus elsewhere is good. Opening the home slate of the new era against Sacred Heart could pay dividends with a nice sweep to kick things off, and if Sacred Heart pulls the upset, it's Barr's first home games...no big deal. But that final stretch. Ouch. BU 3x, at PC, Lowell and the defending champions 2x each and right in the middle a pair of home dates against the top rival, and a BC game just for fun.

Welcome to Orono, coach.
        I predict (at least) a 4-5 year rebuild. Red left the cupboard bare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

"Pretty good" is what we have with Mike Robinson, too. Not good enough to challenge the big boys.
          He was a freshman playing most of the time. I think he will compete with the big boys. We shall see once he gets some kind(any kind?) of D in front of him
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            While last years goaltending may not have been Swayman like, I think Ostman is pretty good.
            I can see both Ostman and Thiessen forming a decent to solid goaltending tandem rotation...Maine will need to shore up their defense/ cutback on shots on goal...30 and under would be ideal, if possible...and as a whole the team has to reduce their penalty's...dropping down from being in the top 10 in College Hockey in penalty minutes per game to going down to the bottom of College Hockey's 10-15....lots to do but we shall see as the season progresses.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/davidbreazeale/s...660085763?s=21

Comment

• Was just going to post this. Doesn’t sound like the greatest recruit talent wise Maine has ever had, but he’s got a great track record of winning and sounds like an awesome kid. He should definitely help with the culture which is good. The only negative part is he had just committed to Lindenwood a couple months ago. I’d really like to see Maine stay away from kids who are committed to other schools.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• On his EP page, he's listed as playing ACHA hockey at Lindenwood next year. Is he a trasnfer or our first new recruit? Either way, just by the stats, looks like a solid pickup. 21 points in 54 games playing D, and +28. Obviously stats don't tell an entire story, especially for defenseman, but on paper looks like a solid grab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Was just going to post this. Doesn’t sound like the greatest recruit talent wise Maine has ever had, but he’s got a great track record of winning and sounds like an awesome kid. He should definitely help with the culture which is good. The only negative part is he had just committed to Lindenwood a couple months ago. I’d really like to see Maine stay away from kids who are committed to other schools.
                    Don’t think Lindenwood is NCAA D1 until 22-23. No $ involved if that is the case. Anyone would bounce for a recruited walk on spot at a HE school over that, I assume. Was a team captain 2 years on a team that won, in a good league, ill take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

That looks like a great pickup! He is likely mates with Schmidt and Drobot where he played with them in Fargo.

I noticed there was a quote from Westerlund the other day that he was excited to meet all his new teammates and wondered if maybe more guys are coming in than we are publicly aware of. Hopefully Barr can find a really good offensive dman too.
                      RMU just reinstated the program. I wonder if that will impact this move.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/hockeycommits/st...954967040?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

RMU just reinstated the program. I wonder if that will impact this move.
                          Would it for you? Would you rather be at a bottom-feeding program that the school admin is trying to dump - a program whose players have played as many NHL games as I have? Or would you rather be at a program that is currently bottom-feeding but has just hired the "It" coach and that has produced NHL all-stars? If RoMo gets back on the ice, it will be for no more than one season.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Would it for you? Would you rather be at a bottom-feeding program that the school admin is trying to dump - a program whose players have played as many NHL games as I have? Or would you rather be at a program that is currently bottom-feeding but has just hired the "It" coach and that has produced NHL all-stars? If RoMo gets back on the ice, it will be for no more than one season.
                            Hard to say, to be honest. Obviously HE / Maine isnt the Atlantic league. And I agree with you it’s probably one year reprieve. That said looks like he has one year left (unless he can cash in on the covid 5th year too?). He probably lives and plays with his best friends, has strong loyalties to the school, etc. i hope not, just posed the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              You assume there is a certain level of ambition involved, which may not be present. After all, the kid decided to play at RMU in the first place. I don't think he was planning on an NHL career to begin with, and I doubt that's changed over the first few years of his D-1 career. When you ask "Would it for you?" ... in the end, it all depends upon who "you" are. UMaine came up as a convenient Plan B option when RMU's future in D-1 hockey fell into its current state. Maybe his reaction is "Screw this, I'm outta here, I gave Barr and UMaine my word" ... or maybe he is the type who is happy with his educational route at RMU, and might want to stick around if there is a rescue attempt? He's only got one year left (for sure, anyway) so if the program does survive another year, what does he care personally if that's the last year? Maybe being their last-ever captain appeals to him? Different strokes for different folks.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

You assume there is a certain level of ambition involved, which may not be present. After all, the kid decided to play at RMU in the first place. I don't think he was planning on an NHL career to begin with, and I doubt that's changed over the first few years of his D-1 career. When you ask "Would it for you?" ... in the end, it all depends upon who "you" are. UMaine came up as a convenient Plan B option when RMU's future in D-1 hockey fell into its current state. Maybe his reaction is "Screw this, I'm outta here, I gave Barr and UMaine my word" ... or maybe he is the type who is happy with his educational route at RMU, and might want to stick around if there is a rescue attempt? He's only got one year left (for sure, anyway) so if the program does survive another year, what does he care personally if that's the last year? Maybe being their last-ever captain appeals to him? Different strokes for different folks.
                                I'll assume, taking into account all that I've heard of Barr, that there is a level of ambition involved. I'll also go waaaay out on a limb and assume he "decided to play at RMU" because the other option was DIII. Not that there's anything wrong with that. So give me a scenario where "you" would rather play at RMU? You mentioned being happy with his educational route. If it's all about the diploma and not the hockey, why not stay at RMU for the last year since they will be honoring schollies? Aspiring to be RMU's last ever captain is indicative of a lack of hockey ambition. See my first point above.
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X