Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One game over two weekends will be a nice break before the schedule at the end of the season. Looks good.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Anyone remember this game? https://www.uscho.com/gameday/divisi...-11/game-1119/

Im pretty sure that was the game Yeats gave up an absolute howler from the corner. Four goals on 13 shots, woof.

I’m happy with the two game sets, just don’t like having two three week stretches with no/not much hockey. Overall though this absolutely is the best schedule in a long time. I’m tempted to make the trip to Penn St.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        The most fan-friendly schedule in a long time. No weekday games, no home games during fall or Thanksgiving break (Portland on Thanksgiving weekend) and only the Fairbanks series during winter break. No games Homecoming weekend which is nothing new.

At BU on Crockpot weekend when the Terriers have their focus elsewhere is good. Opening the home slate of the new era against Sacred Heart could pay dividends with a nice sweep to kick things off, and if Sacred Heart pulls the upset, it's Barr's first home games...no big deal. But that final stretch. Ouch. BU 3x, at PC, Lowell and the defending champions 2x each and right in the middle a pair of home dates against the top rival, and a BC game just for fun.

Welcome to Orono, coach.
        The flip side of this is hopefully they can build some confidence early on in the year. This isn’t going to be a great Maine team, but they should be solid and hopefully with a new coach there is a lot more positivity around the program. I’m certainly excited to get to some games.

Comment

• From NE Hockey Journal...

Barr’s focus on recruiting has not changed much from what he was used to in his time as an assistant coach.

“In my experience, you really need to have players who want to be in your program,” he said. “You don’t want to spend a lot of time on players who are going to be high NHL draft picks who might come in and have one foot in and one foot out the door.

“Unless you have players who want to be there no matter what, it’s probably not going to work, so instead, we need to focus on those players out there who take pride in who they are and are dedicated to wanting to be part of the tradition at Maine.”

His emphasis and advice to prospective Black Bear recruits is pretty straightforward.

“We’re going to recruit based on grit and determination and hard work. I know those are all cliches that everyone throws around, but at Maine, that’s what got them there in the ’90s and early 2000s. You have to be able to convey to these student-athletes where they understand that they are going to go, commit and be a part of something special here. They have to want to be here and be willing to show that every day on the ice and in the classroom.”

Comment

• Season ticks now on sale.
            Took the plunge !

Comment

• Going by the website, 75% of the gold level donor seats have been sold. It is possible the athletics department has held a few back as prizes/gifts/etc but considering how empty Alfond has been (and we're still in a pandemic) that's a good number on July 1.

Comment

• I was looking at the roster currently shown, and if all the new players are aligned with recruitment projections. Or if there is someone fairly recently added. Didnt see any freshmen. Does bhall44 still keep up that recruiting spreadsheet? Anyone have the link? Cant find it.
                Last edited by NorthMike; 07-01-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Barr has his first player, Dominic Dockery who played four years at Merrimack https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ominic-dockery

I don’t really remember seeing him play but his stats are solid enough. I wonder if this means more dmen are leaving?

I’m not sure what is going on with Bhall. He hasn’t updated his spreadsheet in awhile or posted here. I hope he is doing okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Barr has his first player, Dominic Dockery who played four years at Merrimack https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ominic-dockery

I don't really remember seeing him play but his stats are solid enough. I wonder if this means more dmen are leaving?
                    If "stats solid enough" means he went from a -27 to a -11 over the last 3 seasons, he's your man.

My guess is he's a 3rd pairing guy tops, if he's more than that, you guys have big D problems ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

If "stats solid enough" means he went from a -27 to a -11 over the last 3 seasons, he's your man.

My guess is he's a 3rd pairing guy tops, if he's more than that, you guys have big D problems ...
                      Chuck, have you watched Maine lately? They lost at home to a **** UNH team
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Rebuilding will be slow incremental changes.

Comment

• Mark Divver @MarkDivver
                          Former Winchendon School captain Matt Fawcett transferring to Maine after two seasons at Quinnipiac

Matthew Fawcett - Elite Prospects

Comment

I'm not sure how much +/- really matters when your team wins 16 games in three seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

I'm not sure how much +/- really matters when your team wins 16 games in three seasons.
                              Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Additional context ... his -27 as a soph (first year as a regular) was twice as high (low?) as the next two regular blueliners (-14). His -15 as a junior was tied for second worst on the team among regular defenders. His -11 last season was again second worst among regular MC defensemen.

It's one thing if you're a good player stuck on a bad team; it's another if you're JAG on a bad team.

I'm sure Barr will get the best out of him, just doubt he'll be anything more than depth/spare part.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X