Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Barr isn't even living here yet, soon to move to Brewer
    Are the D1 coaches still under travel restrictions?
    I Believe UMO is? Being lifted soon though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradz View Post
      So, Chuck...what is your read on Jason Fortier

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...96727645978624
      If he's on his way to Orono to assist Barr, it looks like UMaine will be recruiting heavily in Canada.

Honestly, beyond that low-hanging fruit, I have no idea.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Are the D1 coaches still under travel restrictions?
        I Believe UMO is? Being lifted soon though.
        My understanding is recruiting started again 6/1. If Maine is still banning coaches from doing that it’s pretty crazy but certainly on brand.

I wonder what is going on with Fortier. Jeff is usually pretty accurate and his tweet was three weeks ago. Maybe there are visa issues? I don’t think Fortier is a US citizen so that could be a complicating factor. Also he has never worked for a college before so maybe because of that they have to do some sort of enhanced background check?

It would be very disappointing if it fell through given the amount of time invested. You would think Barr has a decent backup plan if it does happen though.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

If he's on his way to Orono to assist Barr, it looks like UMaine will be recruiting heavily in Canada.

Honestly, beyond that low-hanging fruit, I have no idea.
          The delay, if that is what it is, could easily be problems associated with a visa although he was/is the HC/GM for the Odessa TX team in the NAHL who were last in the league this last season so there must not have been visa problems when he took that job. I would agree Coach Barr could have been looking for someone who could recruit out of Canada and as I recall Fortier is a very affable fellow who could very well be a good recruiter at the NCAA level. If Cox is on spot the delay could also be an agreement with Maine and Odessa for him finish the Odessa camps and recruiting process before an announcement is made.

Comment

• Looks like Greenway was just removed from next year’s roster. I don’t think this is the worst thing in the world and gives a younger guy a chance to get some playing time.

Comment

• If true...GOOD, Good , good & good......AND please lock the doors after he leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                If true...GOOD, Good , good & good......AND please lock the doors after he leaves.
                I agree. He has definitely been removed from the roster. There are five graduate students on the roster and no first year players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Looks like Greenway was just removed from next year’s roster. I don’t think this is the worst thing in the world and gives a younger guy a chance to get some playing time.
                  The many times I mentioned lack of effort without names…this.
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

The many times I mentioned lack of effort without names…this.
                    He had a ton of talent but oftentimes looked like he was playing pick up hockey. Hopefully Barr can find a couple guys with good speed who can produce offensively. Maine has missed that since Michel, Keeper, and Holway left.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      I'm a fan of only the top 8 making the playoffs. The commish said they want all players to be able to compete for the championship. They have been all season long. And I dislike reseeding at any point in the tourney. The way I look at it, the lower seed assumes the higher seed in an upset.
                      I'd prefer the AQ coming out of a 25-game RS in the first place, but if we must endure a BS tourny after the fact, how about 4 teams, max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I'd prefer the AQ coming out of a 25-game RS in the first place, but if we must endure a BS tourny after the fact, how about 4 teams, max?
                        Totally agree. If you're going to have a conference tourney, have it mean something. Having everyone qualifying for one just devalues the regular season AND exposes the tourney as a money-making venture, above all else. Can you imagine how good the final few RS games would be for the teams jousting for the 3rd and 4th tourney seeds? Virtual playoff games in and of themselves ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Schedule is out https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens...ockey/schedule

Overall it’s decent but wish they played a few more one game weekends. It’s tough that between 1/15 and 2/4 they only play one game. That’s a time of year the games should be coming thick and fast.

If college hockey went to 40 games with 30 league games I think that would be perfect. Maybe as an offset you can shorten the conference tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Schedule is out https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens...ockey/schedule

Overall it’s decent but wish they played a few more one game weekends. It’s tough that between 1/15 and 2/4 they only play one game. That’s a time of year the games should be coming thick and fast.

If college hockey went to 40 games with 30 league games I think that would be perfect. Maybe as an offset you can shorten the conference tournaments.
                            And here I was thinking how awesome it was that we are back to so many two game series against the same opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

And here I was thinking how awesome it was that we are back to so many two game series against the same opponent.
                              Yeah, I'm with you. I know it exists as a function of Maine's location relative to the rest of Hockey East, but I love the quirk of Maine playing two game weekends against a single opponent.

Comment

• The most fan-friendly schedule in a long time. No weekday games, no home games during fall or Thanksgiving break (Portland on Thanksgiving weekend) and only the Fairbanks series during winter break. No games Homecoming weekend which is nothing new.

At BU on Crockpot weekend when the Terriers have their focus elsewhere is good. Opening the home slate of the new era against Sacred Heart could pay dividends with a nice sweep to kick things off, and if Sacred Heart pulls the upset, it's Barr's first home games...no big deal. But that final stretch. Ouch. BU 3x, at PC, Lowell and the defending champions 2x each and right in the middle a pair of home dates against the top rival, and a BC game just for fun.

Welcome to Orono, coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X