No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harasymiak named DC at Rutgers. He'll be a D-1 HC before you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
      Embarrassing. They should have taken another week off.
      Looks like they have.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• I DVRed the game, oops I hit delete accidently on purpose. Dont need to see what everyone is saying was as bad as it gets. 6 goals on 15 shots. Brutal
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I’m really shocked. There is a lot that could be said but what’s the point? I really do feel awful for the team and coaching staff. I’m sure this is by far the worst season of their lives.

I was curious how often Maine has given up six even strength goals at the Alford and I could only find two games it’s happened in the last 20 years. Once was a few years ago the night after thanksgiving against a very good Quinnipiac team and the other time Dave Wilson was in goal.

Do people think Barr comes back next year? Does he even want to come back? It would be shocking if he didn’t but this has been a shocking season.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• It's either Barr or your homeboy Red. I'm guessing Barr will be back.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I’m really shocked. There is a lot that could be said but what’s the point? I really do feel awful for the team and coaching staff. I’m sure this is by far the worst season of their lives.

I was curious how often Maine has given up six even strength goals at the Alford and I could only find two games it’s happened in the last 20 years. Once was a few years ago the night after thanksgiving against a very good Quinnipiac team and the other time Dave Wilson was in goal.

Do people think Barr comes back next year? Does he even want to come back? It would be shocking if he didn’t but this has been a shocking season.
              Drew you’re starting to remind me of skip bayless, as a cowboys fan there are times I agree with him and other times where I ask myself “*** is this guy talking about?”

Last night was about as ugly as it can get but to think that means Barr doesn’t come back? Cmon man get real. Let the guy bring in a recruiting class before we judge.

If there is a a single bright spot in one of the worst games I’ve ever watched it’s Duerr. He looks like an improvement over some of the other dmen, kudos to Spicer for leaving the new guy high and dry on multiple occasions last night. I’m praying Barr brings in 12+ players next season.
              Last edited by BlackBearFan19; 01-08-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Season is going as we all mentioned in the fall. Last night was a case of “going through the motions” and rust. If a repeat performance occurs tonight, then concern.
                Goaltending was a zombie performance.
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Suggesting that Barr won't be back next year is absurdity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I’m really shocked. There is a lot that could be said but what’s the point? I really do feel awful for the team and coaching staff. I’m sure this is by far the worst season of their lives.
                    While it is by far the worst season for Coach Barr as a head coach, his first season at UMass was worse. So why not wait until the season is over to evaluate it?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    As I have mentioned previously, I have researched every head coach of every current and former DI program since WWII until now. There have been 423 coaches: 190 had a winning record their first season; 20 had a .500 record; and 213 have/had a losing record. Coach Barr is currently 378th on the list for first season records. While not good, he is ahead of Coach Carvel, who's first season is currently 404th on the list with a 5-29-2, 0.167 record. Having been through that UMass season I don't think Coach Barr is ready to quit halfway through his first season as a head coach.

Sean

BTW, Scott Sandelin is another NCAA championship winning coach who had a rough first season, going 7-28-4, 0.231.
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Maybe fans will finally get their wish and in the summer UMaine officials will get together to reanimate the corpse of Shawn Walsh.

If memory serves, his living version struggled in his first season or two as well.

Tonight's game was going to be televised, but the network wanted something more positive and upbeat. Therefore it has scheduled a rebroadcast of "Threads"

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Suggesting that Barr won't be back next year is absurdity.
                        Some absurd **** gets posted by Drew. Yeah, he is going to quit on his first D1 head coach opportunity.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Some absurd **** gets posted by Drew. Yeah, he is going to quit on his first D1 head coach opportunity.
                          I remember I once said that he clearly has it out for Barr, and he posted a scathing reply to me and it made me reconsider. But now I realize I was definitely right, Drew either has it out for Barr or is just a troll. Barr isnt going to quit and he isnt going to be fired, and nor should he. It gets crazier every time the sentence comes into my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            While it is by far the worst season for Coach Barr as a head coach, his first season at UMass was worse. So why not wait until the season is over to evaluate it?

As I have mentioned previously, I have researched every head coach of every current and former DI program since WWII until now. There have been 423 coaches: 190 had a winning record their first season; 20 had a .500 record; and 213 have/had a losing record. Coach Barr is currently 378th on the list for first season records. While not good, he is ahead of Coach Carvel, who's first season is currently 404th on the list with a 5-29-2, 0.167 record. Having been through that UMass season I don't think Coach Barr is ready to quit halfway through his first season as a head coach.

Sean

BTW, Scott Sandelin is another NCAA championship winning coach who had a rough first season, going 7-28-4, 0.231.
                            As bad as the record is, the performances have been much, much worse. Like I said in my other post what happened last night has happened twice in 20 years. There have been at least half a dozen other absolutely shocking performances as well.

Maybe I’m way off on this but I would think these have been some of the hardest months of his life. Walrus is completely right that you wouldn’t think someone would walk away after their first year but stranger things have happened. I don’t think it will actually happen but I definitely think there is more of a chance than there typically would be.

Comment

• Based on the line chart Androlewicz will get the start tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Harasymiak named DC at Rutgers. He'll be a D-1 HC before you know it.
                                Remember when the folks in this thread thought he made a bizarre move when he left? Again, the craziest of crazy football takes here. And, respectfully, I think you mean *FBS* head coach; he’s already been a D1 HC - even though some here don’t agree with that classification.

Drew, keep leaning into your crazy. Keep us on our toes!

Black Bear hockey WILL be relevant again, and Barr will be the leader when it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X