Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially a tie, but a Hockey East win. First road win for Barr.

Maine 1-9-2 but have two wins.

Comment

• This team has its ups and downs.....but they are fun to watch! I might actually go see a game this season.

Comment

• Drew, Did the team play hard last night.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• They played great last night after the first period debacle on Thursday. That was the fastest a Maine team has looked in years, the Houle-Breen-Poissant was lethal when they were on the ice. The leap that Houle has taken over the past couple weeks is awesome to see. He reminds me of Robbins/Mangene with his speed, maybe not quite as fast but he has that type of impact. The Morrissey-Renwick-Mulera line played really well too. I'd love to see Barr keep a lot of those guys together so they can build some chemistry. Where has Barr been hiding Tim Gould? He looked a lot better than I expected, he wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and didn't turn it over. That 4th line combination of Dunn-Lindelow-Gould was really efficient. That was the kind of game that should help lay the foundation for Barr and it was really exciting hockey to watch. Lowell is going to be a tough test but hopefully they come out with that same energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
            They played great last night after the first period debacle on Thursday. That was the fastest a Maine team has looked in years, the Houle-Breen-Poissant was lethal when they were on the ice. The leap that Houle has taken over the past couple weeks is awesome to see. He reminds me of Robbins/Mangene with his speed, maybe not quite as fast but he has that type of impact. The Morrissey-Renwick-Mulera line played really well too. I'd love to see Barr keep a lot of those guys together so they can build some chemistry. Where has Barr been hiding Tim Gould? He looked a lot better than I expected, he wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and didn't turn it over. That 4th line combination of Dunn-Lindelow-Gould was really efficient. That was the kind of game that should help lay the foundation for Barr and it was really exciting hockey to watch. Lowell is going to be a tough test but hopefully they come out with that same energy.
            Strongly agree with this entire post. I was actually thinking last night how much Houle reminds me of Mangene. We need to see this type of effort at least 80% of the time. If Maine has a clunker here or there that is fine, but it shouldn’t be happening three times in a row which has now happened twice this year. Hopefully this isn’t another false dawn.

He has gone way under the radar, but is Felix Trudeau someone we should be getting excited about? He is having a really nice season so far in the BCHL. It sounds like at least five guys have signed LOI’s and hopefully bring an infusion of talent into the program.

On a more negative note, what is happening with the two goalie recruits? They have been absolutely horrible this year and on the Russian kid’s USHL page it now says he’s uncommitted. If that is true it might be for the best.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

They played great last night after the first period debacle on Thursday. That was the fastest a Maine team has looked in years, the Houle-Breen-Poissant was lethal when they were on the ice. The leap that Houle has taken over the past couple weeks is awesome to see. He reminds me of Robbins/Mangene with his speed, maybe not quite as fast but he has that type of impact. The Morrissey-Renwick-Mulera line played really well too. I'd love to see Barr keep a lot of those guys together so they can build some chemistry. Where has Barr been hiding Tim Gould? He looked a lot better than I expected, he wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and didn't turn it over. That 4th line combination of Dunn-Lindelow-Gould was really efficient. That was the kind of game that should help lay the foundation for Barr and it was really exciting hockey to watch. Lowell is going to be a tough test but hopefully they come out with that same energy.
              Breen seems as though he is becoming a team leader. Red didnt play Lindelow alot but he looks decent enough.

Not sure whats the deal with Dawe, he seems off his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Strongly agree with this entire post. I was actually thinking last night how much Houle reminds me of Mangene. We need to see this type of effort at least 80% of the time. If Maine has a clunker here or there that is fine, but it shouldn’t be happening three times in a row which has now happened twice this year. Hopefully this isn’t another false dawn.

He has gone way under the radar, but is Felix Trudeau someone we should be getting excited about? He is having a really nice season so far in the BCHL. It sounds like at least five guys have signed LOI’s and hopefully bring an infusion of talent into the program.

On a more negative note, what is happening with the two goalie recruits? They have been absolutely horrible this year and on the Russian kid’s USHL page it now says he’s uncommitted. If that is true it might be for the best.
                I just took a look at Platon Zadorozhny’s elite prospects, Twitter and IG, he still has on his personal accounts that he’s committed. His stats don’t jump off the page but he’s only played 5 games and it’s not like he’s getting completely shelled. Tough adjustment for him coming from Russia so I wouldn’t write him off.

I took a look through some of the committed players last week, there are a few of hold overs from the Penticon Vees that look like they can contribute. Trudeau looks like a good one, the BCHL is sometimes tough to project but most of the time if they’re scoring there, they’ll score here too.

Barr might have to make some tough decisions regarding some of the older players in the lineup, I think he wants to show respect and loyalty but he also wants to see what he has with the younger guys. Spicer didn’t play a ton as the game went on last night, and the team didn’t seem played hard without JSS and Hebert in. At some point, is it counterproductive to play 4-5th year seniors who may score more now when you have energetic young players who can play? Just an observation, it’ll be interesting to see what unfolds.

Comment

I just took a look at Platon Zadorozhny’s elite prospects, Twitter and IG, he still has on his personal accounts that he’s committed. His stats don’t jump off the page but he’s only played 5 games and it’s not like he’s getting completely shelled. Tough adjustment for him coming from Russia so I wouldn’t write him off.

I took a look through some of the committed players last week, there are a few of hold overs from the Penticon Vees that look like they can contribute. Trudeau looks like a good one, the BCHL is sometimes tough to project but most of the time if they’re scoring there, they’ll score here too.

Barr might have to make some tough decisions regarding some of the older players in the lineup, I think he wants to show respect and loyalty but he also wants to see what he has with the younger guys. Spicer didn’t play a ton as the game went on last night, and the team didn’t seem played hard without JSS and Hebert in. At some point, is it counterproductive to play 4-5th year seniors who may score more now when you have energetic young players who can play? Just an observation, it’ll be interesting to see what unfolds.
                  Arent Srs eligible to return next year as grad students for a fifth year (last year didnt count)? We have like 6 or 7 I believe.
                  With recruits and maybe Srs staying over next year, theres going to be boatload of players. For the long run it will also be interesting to see if Barr passes on the 5th years, or most, and starts young fresh.

Comment

• Field hockey wins America East and earns an NC$$ tournament bid. Football wins at Durham for the first time in 20 years. Your turn, hockey and hoops.

Comment

• What am I missing when it comes to the Hockey East standings? I thought last night's game was a win in the conference and a tie nationally? The standings have Maine with only one win (6-5 over Merrimack in OT.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        What am I missing when it comes to the Hockey East standings? I thought last night's game was a win in the conference and a tie nationally? The standings have Maine with only one win (6-5 over Merrimack in OT.)
                        It makes no sense at all. I wish they would go back to 5x5 ot, no shootout, and only two points on offer each game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          What am I missing when it comes to the Hockey East standings? I thought last night's game was a win in the conference and a tie nationally? The standings have Maine with only one win (6-5 over Merrimack in OT.)
                          Let me explain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up...

For Hockey East

A regulation win = 3 points
                          A win in overtime = 2 points
                          A loss in overtime = 1 point
                          A loss in regulation = 0 points

For pairwise

A win in regulation or overtime is a win; a win in the shootout is a tie.
                          A loss in regulation or overtime is a loss; a loss in the shootout is a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Let me explain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up...

For Hockey East

A regulation win = 3 points
                            A win in overtime = 2 points
                            A loss in overtime = 1 point
                            A loss in regulation = 0 points

For pairwise

A win in regulation or overtime is a win; a win in the shootout is a tie.
                            A loss in regulation or overtime is a loss; a loss in the shootout is a tie.
                            I don’t think this is true. My understanding is an ot win or loss for pairwise is effectively a tie.

Comment

I don’t think this is true. My understanding is an ot win or loss for pairwise is effectively a tie.
                              He said "for Hockey East". His breakdown is right as far as the conference standings.

Comment

Overtime wins count in the pairwise as wins. For example, tonight's UHN OT win against UMass makes them 1-1 H2H in the pairwise.
                                The Northeastern-BU game goes as a tie in the pairwise and Northeastern gets the extra Hockey East point for the shootout win. Same as Maine-BC night two.
                                Last edited by ticapnews; 11-20-2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X