• Show
Clear All

• walrus
    replied
    Freel to Breen, 1-1

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Did something happen with Androlewicz? He hasn’t been on the lineup sheet last two weekends.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Well that sucks, UMass cycling puck like BC did

Leave a comment:

• Jackcurtis23
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

May have something to do with their former top recruiter taking his mail deliveries these days in the Downeast??
    Beat me too it! D-Mike also left for MSU.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Does anyone know why Umass has been so bad this year? I definitely didn’t buy the hype as much as some people but wouldn’t have expected them to be next to last in the league. It will be interesting if they show up this weekend. If they sweep Maine good chance they’ll have to be back in Orono Wednesday.
    May have something to do with their former top recruiter taking his mail deliveries these days in the Downeast??

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

As I have posted on UNH threads, I was for the Jumbotron at the Whitt before I was against it.
    n.
    The jumbotron at the whit isnt too big at least, unlike the one at Northeastern which is humongous and its like thats all you can see. I seem to think maybe they ran adds on it too?

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Does anyone know why Umass has been so bad this year? I definitely didn’t buy the hype as much as some people but wouldn’t have expected them to be next to last in the league. It will be interesting if they show up this weekend. If they sweep Maine good chance they’ll have to be back in Orono Wednesday.
    I thought I heard someplace that they got wrecked by injuries this year, but I don't know if that's true or not. They have actually been worse than Maine-tier bad on the road this season, with a 2-8-1 record away from the Mullins Center. Their last road win was on February 3, edging Providence 3-2 at Schneider. Their last road win before that was all the way back on November 18 in Durham.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

I guess, if you are there and not on your phone you should have a pretty good idea how they scored the the goal. If you want perfect view instead of the excitement of being there get HULU and stay home : ) I still don't see it as the biggest need as there is already a video board.
    So you always see what happens during a goal-mouth scramble?

Half the time, it's very hard to say.

And I leave my phone in the car, Mr. Tapatalk.

The only use I have for a video board is that it can sometimes illustrate what just happened.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-02-2023, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wayuphere
    replied
    I thought UHN was “somewhat” like a BC team, individually skilled but not gelling as a team. Screams coaching…

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
    I’m not a fan of giant video screens that cause fans to act like they’ve never seen themselves on cam before or causes players (any sport) to look up to watch their personal highlight replay.
    That said, ain’t it good to be discussing Alfond improvements and rising numbers in the Poll or PWR instead of how badly the team is playing and is last place within reach?
    As I have posted on UNH threads, I was for the Jumbotron at the Whitt before I was against it.

Yup, looks like our state school brethren to the West has the HEA cellar locked up for this season.

Leave a comment:

• Wayuphere
    replied
    I’m not a fan of giant video screens that cause fans to act like they’ve never seen themselves on cam before or causes players (any sport) to look up to watch their personal highlight replay.
    That said, ain’t it good to be discussing Alfond improvements and rising numbers in the Poll or PWR instead of how badly the team is playing and is last place within reach?

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Well, you know how hockey is... Half the time you can't see what happened during a goal, and a replay helps.
    I guess, if you are there and not on your phone you should have a pretty good idea how they scored the the goal. If you want perfect view instead of the excitement of being there get HULU and stay home : ) I still don't see it as the biggest need as there is already a video board.
    Last edited by walrus; 03-02-2023, 04:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

I don't understand a new scoreboard at all. Are people only watching the video screen or something? I look to see time, PP or PK time remaining and thats about it. Do they sell time on it? Seems like other things in Alfond are more important.
    Well, you know how hockey is... Half the time you can't see what happened during a goal, and a replay helps.

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Couldnt agree more.
    I dont know keeping up with the industry? Like loud piped in music, flashy things they can post on the scoreboard etc.
    I guess Im just getting old I dont know. I go to watch hockey not the show around it. Dinosaur.

But you do see players and coaches looking at it for replays. Maybe it helps them.
    The music really doesn't do it for me. I'd request more of the band, but I can barely hear them from my seats now that they've relocated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X