Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They have lead in their as*.
    too much partying last nite
    Last edited by NorthMike; 11-13-2021, 06:32 PM.

    Comment


    • If Maine were awarded goals for hitting the high glass, they'd have about 6 or 7 by now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        If Maine were awarded goals for hitting the high glass, they'd have about 6 or 7 by now.
        Been the case now for years
        Last edited by NorthMike; 11-13-2021, 08:56 PM.

        Comment


        • For me this weekend was a big step back from last weekend. I know they got a win last night but there was so much bad hockey. Maine only got shutout once last year and has already been shutout three(four if you count the exhibition game) times this year.

          My biggest takeaway from the weekend was when they scored the overtime goal all the players skated away from the bench and I didn’t see one congratulate Barr. Maybe someone at the game had a better angle but to me that is a huge red flag. It just seems like something is seriously wrong.

          Maine had everything go against them last year and played much better than they have so far this year. I know Barr has been brought into recruit, and that is obviously very important, but you need to be able to coach as well and we haven’t seen much of that so far. I want to be optimistic, it’s hard to be at the minute though.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            For me this weekend was a big step back from last weekend. I know they got a win last night but there was so much bad hockey. Maine only got shutout once last year and has already been shutout three(four if you count the exhibition game) times this year.

            My biggest takeaway from the weekend was when they scored the overtime goal all the players skated away from the bench and I didn't see one congratulate Barr. Maybe someone at the game had a better angle but to me that is a huge red flag. It just seems like something is seriously wrong.

            Maine had everything go against them last year and played much better than they have so far this year. I know Barr has been brought into recruit, and that is obviously very important, but you need to be able to coach as well and we haven't seen much of that so far. I want to be optimistic, it's hard to be at the minute though.
            Barr. Is. Coaching. Someone. Else's. Crappy. Recruits. This. Season.

            The idea that some of these non-recruits should go "congratulate" Barr for a shootout *win is also pretty laughable as a so-called sign of a crisis. I'm pretty sure (99.99999% sure actually) that all of the players understand that Barr has won many much bigger games in his coaching career, even if "only" as an assistant. As the BC fans used to say ... "Hang a Banner".

            Admit it, Drew ... you were the kid who would bring the shiny red apple for your new teacher on the first day of school every year, right???
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

            Comment


            • What I saw tonite was a team who went out last nite with big heads thinking they had it figured out, partied forgetting there was a game tonite and that they arent that good. Merrimack came to play.

              They were slow, stood around, didnt chase pucks, feet werent moving, and had poor concentration. The older players reverted back to muscle memory of dumping in and not being able to get a puck out of the D zone, turning over everything.

              Best Maine player was Breen, had the puck on his stick alot, hustled and broke up plays.

              Comment


              • Sometimes the UNH guy makes sense.

                Comment


                • Drew has it out for Barr for some reason and I really don't get it. He's been a massive concern troll about him from before he was even announced. He is going to be fine, as I've said what feels like countless times already.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                    I’m at a complete loss as to why Chuck Murray hasn’t commented on the girth of the coaching staff at D-III Southern Maine which for years despite a great school and their own rink has always been terrible.
                    You had to go and be a knucklehead and bring that dipship in.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                    And stay off the lawn!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      Drew has it out for Barr for some reason and I really don't get it. He's been a massive concern troll about him from before he was even announced. He is going to be fine, as I've said what feels like countless times already.
                      What a load of codswallop. I desperately want to see him succeed but I’m not going to lie about what about what is going on. My issue isn’t even with Maine’s record as much as it is with how poorly Maine has played at times this year. If Maine goes out, plays reasonably hard, and loses I have no issue at all. That is not what has happened so far.

                      I don’t think folks realize how big of difference there is between being an assistant coach and a head coach. Success in one doesn’t guarantee success in the other. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes(every coach, especially a new one makes plenty) and things get better.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post


                        I don’t think folks realize how big of difference there is between being an assistant coach and a head coach. Success in one doesn’t guarantee success in the other. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes(every coach, especially a new one makes plenty) and things get better.
                        Red was a pretty good assistant. So was Tim. Grant is a Hall of Fame assistant. Head coaching? Not so much.

                        Some are cut out for the top job but many aren't.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                          What a load of codswallop. I desperately want to see him succeed but I’m not going to lie about what about what is going on. My issue isn’t even with Maine’s record as much as it is with how poorly Maine has played at times this year. If Maine goes out, plays reasonably hard, and loses I have no issue at all. That is not what has happened so far.

                          I don’t think folks realize how big of difference there is between being an assistant coach and a head coach. Success in one doesn’t guarantee success in the other. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes(every coach, especially a new one makes plenty) and things get better.
                          You certainly are hard on Barr already, while possessing a years-long history of talking-up awful Gendron teams (for reasons none of us could fathom).

                          If Barr looks like Red after year 3, fine, but Red looked like Red for 8 (?) loooooong years. It's been said a million effing times, but ain't nobody gonna win with Red-level talent, and that's what Maine has right now, FCS.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                            You certainly are hard on Barr already, while possessing a years-long history of talking-up awful Gendron teams (for reasons none of us could fathom).

                            If Barr looks like Red after year 3, fine, but Red looked like Red for 8 (?) loooooong years. It's been said a million effing times, but ain't nobody gonna win with Red-level talent, and that's what Maine has right now, FCS.
                            The effort has to be there every night, even if the talent isn't. Tonight's game they had neither (maybe they did party too hard after that win last night as others have suggested).

                            Rumor going around is that Barr lit into the team after blowing the third period lead at Northeastern and they certainly deserved another chewing after this half-***ed effort.

                            Comment


                            • That type of game happened a lot in the last 5 years, not going to get too excited when a coach who has been on the job for a few months has a team that doesn't perform very well. The problem is their isn't enough talent to just show up and go thru the motions. Its not just the players who need to learn, staff needs to figure stuff out also. I'm going to wait for the sample size to go up before panic sets in. You guys think this team was going to turn on a dime?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                              Comment


                              • Merrimack's win was due to their swarming fore check on Maine. I was at the game and I didn't see any lack of effort by Maine. Maine had no time and space and couldn't possess the puck for very long or make good passes, Faceoffs were even . It seemed like the puck resided in Merrimack's offensive zone most of the night. They skated well and controlled the puck. On several occasions Maine fumbled the pass and just didn't look good. I think it was caused by the pressure Merrimack was putting on them. No question Merrimack has more skilled players. I thought Maine's defense was solid and gave up only two goals. They did well not to give up an empty net goal with over 3 minutes left in the game. I never expected a complete turn around by changing coaches. It's going to be a process and it is very difficult to put a timeline on it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X