X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

No f’ing way! That has to be the worst move BC has ever made if it’s true.
    From what I am reading i would have to agree. But that's what happens when Fr. Leahy drops a buyout hammer on potential candidates because the previous two ADs left. He wanted a safe hire who wouldn't go anywhere. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Blake James new AD at BC
    No f’ing way! That has to be the worst move BC has ever made if it’s true.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Blake James new AD at BC

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Team announced today 1 week until season tickets go on sale. Have to wonder if an official schedule release will accompany it.
    Certainly not priced to move. Disappointing they would put them on sale with no schedule and details on benefits are scarce. They’ve dropped the ball not marketing the program more since Barr has been hired.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

So what do you suppose they intend to do at each tour stop?
    Shake hands, hug, schmooze for donations? Just face time in the communities.
    Was wondering if it was worth a visit when in orono. Beers good anyway.
    Pretty much. Greet fans, talk about the program and school, give a salespitch. I'd go to the one in Portland if it were closer (or gas wasn't $5/gallon)

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    From Maine Athletics email, the times, dates and locations of the tour:

So what do you suppose they intend to do at each tour stop?
    Shake hands, hug, schmooze for donations? Just face time in the communities.
    Was wondering if it was worth a visit when in orono. Beers good anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

UAA released their schedule today. At Maine on January 6 & 7.

2022-23 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule | University of Alaska Anchorage (goseawolves.com)
    I saw that. Maine still has two open dates. Hopefully there will be a home series slated for the weekend before Thanksgiving. There are numerous ECAC and AHA squads with that weekend available.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I have to assume it's being fixed. There are only 32 games on that schedule (the Icebreaker games don't count against the 34 game limit) so there are two games available. Plus the UAF games. Are the UAA games set in stone? I expect there is more to come and someone just jumped the gun on making the schedule public.
    UAA released their schedule today. At Maine on January 6 & 7.

2022-23 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule | University of Alaska Anchorage (goseawolves.com)

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    From Maine Athletics email, the times, dates and locations of the tour:

June 3, 5-7 p.m. - Orono Brewing Company - Orono, Maine
    June 4, 4-6 p.m. - Downunder Bar - Houlton, Maine
    June 8, 4-6 p.m. - Rollie's Bar and Grill - Belfast, Maine
    June 11, 3-5 p.m. - Bayside Bowl - Portland, Maine (Also UMaine Athletics night at the Portland Sea Dogs game)
    June 15, 4-6 p.m. - Bar Harbor Beer Works - Bar Harbor, Maine
    June 16, 4-6 p.m. - Quarry Taproom - Hallowell, Maine

There is no admission cost to attend each stop on the tour. Specific coach and staff appearances, nightly specials, and more information will be released in the days leading up to each event.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 05-25-2022, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Absolutely shocked a political flunky from another state hasn’t worked out as chancellor: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/05/...p-for-renewal/ Between this and LePage potentially being governor again could be rocky times ahead for the system.
    If Malloy is running the school like he did the State of Connecticut, this is completely understandable...

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Team announced today 1 week until season tickets go on sale. Have to wonder if an official schedule release will accompany it.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Maine is playing AIC once. This is great news as it means one fewer weekend with no games.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Absolutely shocked a political flunky from another state hasn’t worked out as chancellor: https://www.pressherald.com/2022/05/...p-for-renewal/ Between this and LePage potentially being governor again could be rocky times ahead for the system.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Per the Maine Athletics Twitter and Instagram accounts a few days ago, they are "taking a tour of the State of Maine." No word on what this entails or where they'll be going, but I wonder if it's an adaptation of the thing UMass did that ticapnews talked about a few weeks ago he said he wished UMaine would do. Time will tell.
    https://twitter.com/BlackBearNation/...5oEa1iEPw&s=19
    Hopefully they hit up the Brunswick area so I can attend. Would love to see them plant a flag in York County too.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Per the Maine Athletics Twitter and Instagram accounts a few days ago, they are "taking a tour of the State of Maine." No word on what this entails or where they'll be going, but I wonder if it's an adaptation of the thing UMass did that ticapnews talked about a few weeks ago he said he wished UMaine would do. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X