Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Your in Luck, as I have or will have a SW patch for you...had it on a vest I never wear and is in excellant condition...having a older lady that does my work clothes sewing and mending take it off for me so I don't butcher it...haha on that....just send me your mailing address, here is my e-mail address: nyquisthouseflynnscores@hotmail.com --- Hopefully get it out to you in the mail by Saturday and no later then Monday. GO MAINE!!
    That is awesome news! I have sent an email your way.

    Comment


    • U
      Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

      OK, remind us all of the talent Red drew from The Maritimes, or from ANYWHERE...

      I would have guessed that you'd be out of Kool-Aid by now. Guess not.

      ​​​​​​
      aaaahhhh, Scott Pellerin......wait that was the other guy
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        They’re right on the Maine border near Fort Kent and it’s only about a three hour drive so works out good for the parents.

        Ill say it again that the best thing Red did was to establish a pipeline with eastern Canada. There is a lot of talent there and given where Maine is geographically we have a big advantage over other teams. It is very nice to see Ben continuing this.
        3 hrs from Fort Kent to Orono?? Good luck with that in the winter time.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

        Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

          That is awesome news! I have sent an email your way.
          The interwebs can be a wonderful place. Now you'll be able to order an accurate batch if you decide to set some friends up and make a $$. Sounds like there might be a small market.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

          And stay off the lawn!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

            The interwebs can be a wonderful place. Now you'll be able to order an accurate batch if you decide to set some friends up and make a $$. Sounds like there might be a small market.
            I inquired with a friend that sells vintage clothes around Bangor (moves a lot of cool Maine gear) and he mentioned that the SW patches are a popular request he gets so there could be a decent demand for them.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

              I inquired with a friend that sells vintage clothes around Bangor (moves a lot of cool Maine gear) and he mentioned that the SW patches are a popular request he gets so there could be a decent demand for them.
              I would definitely buy some as well.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

                I inquired with a friend that sells vintage clothes around Bangor (moves a lot of cool Maine gear) and he mentioned that the SW patches are a popular request he gets so there could be a decent demand for them.
                Bob the Screenprinter in Windham does a great job with stuff. If an intro helps, tell him UncleRay sent you - that's the name he knows me by!
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                And stay off the lawn!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                  I would definitely buy some as well.
                  Tacky, huh?
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

                    Tacky, huh?
                    There’s nothing wrong with selling them but the way administration went out about it way back when I didn’t agree with at all.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      U


                      ​​​​​​
                      aaaahhhh, Scott Pellerin......wait that was the other guy
                      Sweetland wasn't chopped liver, and that Purcell guy didn't suck, either...

                      (I'm going back to thinking that "Drew" is actually Chuckie, trolling incognito. He really needs to take up knitting, already.)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                        Sweetland wasn't chopped liver, and that Purcell guy didn't suck, either...

                        (I'm going back to thinking that "Drew" is actually Chuckie, trolling incognito. He really needs to take up knitting, already.)
                        Nope, FWIW I've been nearly as *entertained* by Drew S. and his goofy posts as you folks have.

                        I've just taken on a reading brief here until the season starts. Lots of folks got irked at me for pointing out a certain physical characteristic of your new assistant coach, so I've given him 90 days to drop a couple of stones' worth of weight before the season starts. Figure it's only fair. And if he hasn't lost the tonnage, we'll revisit it once the season gets started in earnest.

                        You're welcome.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                          Sweetland wasn't chopped liver, and that Purcell guy didn't suck, either...
                          Kind of a shame Sweetland didn't stick around longer. Would have been nice to see him develop a bit more. Left too soon and only played for three more seasons in the minors.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                            Sweetland wasn't chopped liver, and that Purcell guy didn't suck, either...

                            (I'm going back to thinking that "Drew" is actually Chuckie, trolling incognito. He really needs to take up knitting, already.)
                            LOL, I thought I was Larry?

                            You need to calm it down with the Red hate. Did he have shortcomings? Absolutely. Did he do some good things while he was coach? Of course he did. Is there some sort of personal reason you have a beef with him?
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                            Comment


                            • From NE hockey journal

                              Barr is hoping to bring the Black Bears to where they once were when they dominated the sport in the 1990s and 2000s. Maine’s iconic uniforms, pep band and traveling fans were as much a part of college hockey as the great teams that Shawn Walsh and Tim Whitehead put on the ice for more than two decades.

                              “I’m from Minnesota. When I was a kid, I wanted to go to Maine. You’d see them in the Frozen Four. You saw the cool jerseys,” said Barr. “The world has changed. We have to adapt to it, but the school, community and state really want us to get back to where we were. The athletic department trusts that I know how it works and they’re letting us do what we need to do to bring the program back.”

                              Doing it is a lot easier than saying it. However, if there is one man for the job, it is Barr, who helped turn around programs at Union, Providence, Western Michigan and UMass. He’s a big believer in finding players who will do anything it takes to win, especially when the more highly touted players might still be looking elsewhere.

                              “Compete,” Barr emphasized when asked what one trait he is looking for in prospective recruits. “I’ve been able to build some teams based on compete level. At UMass, we had some really high-end ‘D,’ but a lot of the guys that signed weren’t always that highly thought of. They were the right people.”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                                From NE hockey journal

                                Barr is hoping to bring the Black Bears to where they once were when they dominated the sport in the 1990s and 2000s. Maine’s iconic uniforms, pep band and traveling fans were as much a part of college hockey as the great teams that Shawn Walsh and Tim Whitehead put on the ice for more than two decades.

                                “I’m from Minnesota. When I was a kid, I wanted to go to Maine. You’d see them in the Frozen Four. You saw the cool jerseys,” said Barr. “The world has changed. We have to adapt to it, but the school, community and state really want us to get back to where we were. The athletic department trusts that I know how it works and they’re letting us do what we need to do to bring the program back.”

                                Doing it is a lot easier than saying it. However, if there is one man for the job, it is Barr, who helped turn around programs at Union, Providence, Western Michigan and UMass. He’s a big believer in finding players who will do anything it takes to win, especially when the more highly touted players might still be looking elsewhere.

                                “Compete,” Barr emphasized when asked what one trait he is looking for in prospective recruits. “I’ve been able to build some teams based on compete level. At UMass, we had some really high-end ‘D,’ but a lot of the guys that signed weren’t always that highly thought of. They were the right people.”
                                If the fans will be patient for 4 or 5 years with coach Barr and KRaplh sticks around for five years we should be back in good shape by then.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X