X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• umhockey91
    replied
    Does anyone else keep the game on mute due to the play-by-play guy? UMaine seriously needs to do something....his voice is so shrill when he yells....which is 50% of the broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Maine up 2-0! DrewS is MIA!

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    So the shots are 42-12.
    42-1-2.

Sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Despite the massive stretch of zone time and shot advantage for Providence, to my eye they haven't seemed very threatening. It doesn't really "feel" like they're about to score, at least to me.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    This Ostman kid is not particularly bad.

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied
    Whoever that dude is that does the play by play….phkn guy needs to be muzzled. Annoying to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Holt and Pabich are out tonight. Holt hurt his hand last night and not sure about Pabich.

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied
    Again, Maine was physical (which they normally aren't with PC), they seemed to control play most of the night and were fast and hard on the puck. Ostman didnt steal this game, he wasnt tested all that much. Yeah the last minute of play was scary but that's a ranked team pressing hard with a 6 on 5 or 6 on 4 advantage. Does Maine take too many penaltys? Maybe and maybe not. If they are non lazy penaltys I can live with it. Would rather see them aggressive and take a few than sit back and get scored on. How nice would a sweep be, eh ?

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    I think Mike Tuell summed it up well at the end of the game last night “Maine played a great 20 minutes and tonight that was good enough for the win”

And although not a top 10 defense, they look 100 times better than they have over the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I haven't seen any explanation for why it was overturned. Looked like a goal on replay.

Maine did not play a great game but still managed a win against a ranked opponent. Of course you want consistency, but when you can still win despite not playing well, that's a sign of improvement too.
    It looked to me like the Maine player might have inadvertently speared the goalie but it was hard to see from the replay they showed on the broadcast. He definitely didn’t make any/much contact with his body.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    Congrats to Maine for a win! Maine tried to give it away on many occasions. Highly unlikely Maine would have a high winning percentage if playing that way on a regular basis. They were somewhat lucky this time. Ostman really preserved the win and Maine's defense played well overall.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Was at the game so didnt seee the replay, I didnt see the live play great. Did it look like a good goal?

I dont know this year I feel like these refs are calling things more so against us.
    Normally dont bother to comment but Ive seen alot the other teams are getting away with, it seems so anyway.
    I haven't seen any explanation for why it was overturned. Looked like a goal on replay.

Maine did not play a great game but still managed a win against a ranked opponent. Of course you want consistency, but when you can still win despite not playing well, that's a sign of improvement too.

Leave a comment:

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    Quality win considering they didn’t play their best game. The effort was consistent as usual and they’re finishing more of their chances.

The penalties are concerning, especially the majors. Luckily Poisson will be back tonight. I thought KKO had his best game in a while in the absence of Poisson and it looked like he got a lot of ice time as the game went on.

Breen finally had that game where he took over, the second period was all him. I also thought Renwick and Henbrant played great. Ostman has been great this whole year, I don’t think he’s a danger to leave early but we’re going to be really lucky having him between the pipes next year.

Playing with house money tonight so let’s see if we can pull off a sweep.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Seriously? And the refs stole a goal from Maine.
    Was at the game so didnt seee the replay, I didnt see the live play great. Did it look like a good goal?

I dont know this year I feel like these refs are calling things more so against us.
    Normally dont bother to comment but Ive seen alot the other teams are getting away with, it seems so anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Wayuphere
    replied
    Great effort. Foolish mental mistakes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X