Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runsub5
    replied
    Brett Berard is a skilled player! Two goals with the last one being the game winner. Maine could face Providence again in the first playoff round. Unlike last night I think Leaman will have them ready to play. With only one game it's possible Maine could get a win. They need to play physical again without the penalties.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I wouldn't blame the AD 3 or 4 years back. Or maybe I would. I forget who pulled the strings then.

Red was awful. And his extension was a moronic move by whomever. Made my head spin.
    Creech

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

We should have done a rebuild 3 or 4 years ago at the latest, but that prior AD wasnt capable of it or had enough cahoonas to do it.
    I wouldn't blame the AD 3 or 4 years back. Or maybe I would. I forget who pulled the strings then.

Red was awful. And his extension was a moronic move by whomever. Made my head spin.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

This!
    I agree with you both.

I won't ignore this defunct program until I see what the overhaul involves.

Should look like an entirely different team, one way or the other.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2022, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jackcurtis23
    replied
    Originally posted by Tango View Post
    To the people that keep making “Maine needs a rebuild” post.

There are 16 players committed for next year! 12 have signed NLI’s with still 7 months before next season. There’s a half dozen decent to good players coming back to compliment them. You are LITERALLY getting a new team next year! Google your new coach and you will find 15 articles/podcast about how great he is.

It’s happening! Give it a couple of years and CHILL!
    This!

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

From what I saw last night Maine played hard and they have a 2-0 lead today. The second half of the season has been very encouraging.
    Your top line players taking majors isn't a good look. Maine just lost in OT. Oh well, looked better than last night

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    To the people that keep making “Maine needs a rebuild” post.

There are 16 players committed for next year! 12 have signed NLI’s with still 7 months before next season. There’s a half dozen decent to good players coming back to compliment them. You are LITERALLY getting a new team next year! Google your new coach and you will find 15 articles/podcast about how great he is.

It’s happening! Give it a couple of years and CHILL!

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Great hustle by Quinlivan draws a penalty to neutralize a Providence PP. Maine up 2-1 late in the second.

Leave a comment:

• Jackcurtis23
    replied
    [QUOTE=Drew S.;n3718756]

From what I saw last night Maine played hard and they have a 2-0 lead today. The second half of the season has been very encouraging. [/QUOTE

Agree completely.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I was hoping Maine would make a good showing(not winning but competing) the last few games and build on that for next season. Open USCHO and there is Houle's picture and a 1 game suspension, couple that with Dawe and whoever got a major the last few games and I see that as ending on a shi tty note. Shame.
    From what I saw last night Maine played hard and they have a 2-0 lead today. The second half of the season has been very encouraging.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Renwick gets one early, and Maine tacks on another on the PP to jump in front 2-0 five minutes in. Look like a completely different team so far.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

From what I saw of both vt and unh they are both playing a better style of hockey than maine and have some skilled players, better than their records reflect. It will take Barr a couple years to catch up, and has got to break away from Reds old style to get back into contention. I'm pretty sure he will.
    Although if both vt and unh dont improve next year they could be leap frogged.
    I would agree. However, Merrimack was picked to finish 9th in the pre-season coaching poll. They have some underlying talent that Borek has developed quite rapidly. I don't think Maine will make that leap for at least two more years, but I do think Barr has the ability to do it. He has already demonstrated that he can recruit. Now we have to wait and see if he can be a head coach.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    I was hoping Maine would make a good showing(not winning but competing) the last few games and build on that for next season. Open USCHO and there is Houle's picture and a 1 game suspension, couple that with Dawe and whoever got a major the last few games and I see that as ending on a shi tty note. Shame.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Houle out of the lineup for today's game, likely a suspension. Hebert still in. Also, Ostman not in goal and in fact off the lineup sheet entirely, Theissen gets the start between the pipes.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I do agree they won't quite crack .500 next year in all likelihood, but last place in Hockey East would be a disappointing surprise. They'll be better than at least Vermont, and I would guess they improve past New Hampshire too. I think their floor is 9th place for next season.
    From what I saw of both vt and unh they are both playing a better style of hockey than maine and have some skilled players, better than their records reflect. It will take Barr a couple years to catch up, and has got to break away from Reds old style to get back into contention. Im pretty sure he will.
    Although if both vt and unh dont improve next year they could be leap frogged.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X