Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    4 penalties all taken by seniors. Can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Maine is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• rw1733
    replied
    Another penalty. Here comes another BU goal

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Clipping, good grief

Leave a comment:

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Hebert turns 25 in May so probably will either play pro next year or start his post playing career. I’d be surprised if any of the nine they are honoring come back.

For the non seniors I would anticipate two or three move on.
    Yeah you’re probably right about Hebert and the others. Might hurt us in the win column next year but I think it should accelerate the rebuild overall.

Juniors - I expect Poisson, Drobot, Thiessen, Bisson and Bruneski all to be back. Fawcett is a question mark.
    Sophomores - Breen, Houle and Ostman will be but Mulera and Poissant are question marks, if they come back, they’ll both be battling for playing time.
    Freshmen - Breazeale, Renwick and Duerr will be back and should play a big role. Gould is a question mark and based on the incoming defensemen, he’s going to have to take a big step to make the lineup. There’s some talent there but Barr might be more likely to roll the dice on “his” guys.

There’s going to be some serious competition for playing time next year with all the freshmen especially on the defense.
    Last edited by BlackBearFan19; 03-04-2022, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
    Just read Larry Mahoney’s article about senior night. Dawe’s comments definitely make it sound like he’s moving on after this season.
    Hebert, JSS and Sirota are not quoted. Those are the 4 guys who I would suspect being invited back. However, at this point it seems likely that they all move on. Hebert is the one I question because I can’t imagine him transferring for a second time, either pro or back to Maine you would think.
    Hebert turns 25 in May so probably will either play pro next year or start his post playing career. I’d be surprised if any of the nine they are honoring come back.

For the non seniors I would anticipate two or three move on.

Leave a comment:

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    Just read Larry Mahoney’s article about senior night. Dawe’s comments definitely make it sound like he’s moving on after this season.
    Hebert, JSS and Sirota are not quoted. Those are the 4 guys who I would suspect being invited back. However, at this point it seems likely that they all move on. Hebert is the one I question because I can’t imagine him transferring for a second time, either pro or back to Maine you would think.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Anyone pay attention to high school hockey? What the heck happened to St. Dom’s? 1-18 this year?
    You just hate to see it. #NeverGraduate

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied

Stranger to me is what has happened to Yarmouth and Cheverus? I can’t believe they would have to have a co-op team. I don’t follow it closely at all but seems like Maine HS hockey has fallen way off from where it was in the 90’s.
    Theres no kids. Youth hockey numbers have declined steady since early 2000. When my kids played there were youth teams, house and travel, represented by Black Bears (orono), Bangor, and brewer. Orono and bangor had two sets of house team for each age group, mite, squirt, peewee, bantam. Now its just a combined bangor group and brewer still has a group. Not sure if they even have travel vs house anymore.

Heck back in the day Millinocket and Dover had HS teams that played on outdoor ice. Long gone now.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 03-04-2022, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied

Stranger to me is what has happened to Yarmouth and Cheverus? I can’t believe they would have to have a co-op team. I don’t follow it closely at all but seems like Maine HS hockey has fallen way off from where it was in the 90’s.
    Definitely seems to be the case. Too much time, travel and money involved. Demographics don't support any growth either. Also high school basketball seems to be on the upswing in Maine as well....probably not related but still should be noted.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Anyone pay attention to high school hockey? What the heck happened to St. Dom’s? 1-18 this year?

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I believe these are just the seniors and grad students on the team, we dont know if any juniors or younger will transfer out, quit, etc.
    I'm not worried, but good luck to all of them.

Guess we'll see if this huge incoming class has potential.

I am optimistic about that, but it'll take another year or two, most likely.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Maine Hockey's twitter account just clarified who is leaving after this season:

Butala
    Dawe
    Hebert
    Lindelow
    Quinlivan
    Schmidt-Svejstrup
    Sirota
    Spicer
    Suthers
    I believe these are just the seniors and grad students on the team, we dont know if any juniors or younger will transfer out, quit, etc.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Maine Hockey's twitter account just clarified who is leaving after this season:

Butala
    Dawe
    Hebert
    Lindelow
    Quinlivan
    Schmidt-Svejstrup
    Sirota
    Spicer
    Suthers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X