X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runsub5
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post

Not sure it you're being sarcastic or not, but give them credit. It was Senior night, they were pumped up and they played well. The fact that (and I'm NOT being sarcastic) it was the worst I have EVER seen a BU team play (and I have been watching/going to games for 50 years, since my Freshman year in 1972) isn't Maine's fault. No need to belittle them by asking if they will win Hockey East. And, frankly, with a single-game elimination format, that certainly brings many more possibilities into the equation. The hot team at the end of the year definitely has an advantage, but then again, that's the case in any tournament.
    Were you at the game? A fan was wearing a BU sweater with Quinn and the number 7 on the back. He was holding court in the concourse during one of the intermissions when I saw him. :-)

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    So, does Maine win Hockey East or does BC win it?

Sean
    Not sure it you're being sarcastic or not, but give them credit. It was Senior night, they were pumped up and they played well. The fact that (and I'm NOT being sarcastic) it was the worst I have EVER seen a BU team play (and I have been watching/going to games for 50 years, since my Freshman year in 1972) isn't Maine's fault. No need to belittle them by asking if they will win Hockey East. And, frankly, with a single-game elimination format, that certainly brings many more possibilities into the equation. The hot team at the end of the year definitely has an advantage, but then again, that's the case in any tournament.

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Such a wonderful game last night and absolutely over the moon for Ben, assistant coaches, and the players. After everything they have been through last few years they most definitely deserved to have a night like that.

Merrimack and Northeastern is a dream draw is you ask me. Not sure they will even get past Merrimack but they definitely have a shot.

Maybe stats don’t back this up but it seems to me Maine has been more successful in the games where they have played more physical. Good on Bruneski for dropping the gloves after the BU player threw a cheap shot at Thiessen.
    Was nice to see Barr and the other coaches take a lap around the ice and wave to the fans after the game. I'm sure they quite appreciate the support despite the record of the team. But cultivating that relationship feels important to them because they know what an advantage a full Alfond can be.

The games where Maine uses that aggressive attack with a layered forecheck they really are a burden to play against. The wins against BC, UNH and BU last night come to mind as examples where they executed that early and often to really keep those better teams from getting any traction and offensive pressure. If that is the style of play Barr is going to bring on a nightly basis next year and beyond we're in for a real treat, especially as the talent level grows on this squad.

Leave a comment:

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Was dawe on the ice last night, i didnt see him?
    Anyone know why?
    He only played a shift or two at the beginning of the game. I’m guessing it was another injury. I noticed him sitting at the end of the bench for the whole third period. I’d be surprised to see him in the lineup on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Anyone know why?
    I 'm pretty sure I saw him in the game.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Anyone know why?

Leave a comment:

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Such a wonderful game last night and absolutely over the moon for Ben, assistant coaches, and the players. After everything they have been through last few years they most definitely deserved to have a night like that.

Merrimack and Northeastern is a dream draw is you ask me. Not sure they will even get past Merrimack but they definitely have a shot.

Maybe stats don’t back this up but it seems to me Maine has been more successful in the games where they have played more physical. Good on Bruneski for dropping the gloves after the BU player threw a cheap shot at Thiessen.
    Well said, Red would be very proud of these guys.

Merrimack really took it to Maine physically last time they played so it’ll be interesting to see if Maine can match them. If they do, I think they have a good chance at winning. If they play physical but take penalties, they’re going to lose. Part of the reason Maine was able to jump out to that lead last night was because they played physical and clean.

On a side note, how good is Breen getting? For a guy that has the puck on his stick all the time, he rarely makes a negative play. Hopefully that line is able to stay together next year because they have great chemistry, they could win some games single handedly next year.

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    Recruits Anthony Calafiore and Thomas Pichette moved from 2022 to 2023.
    Last edited by Tango; 03-06-2022, 10:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    What the heck happened last night? Didn't watch or tape game, was surprised to see the final score being so lopsided after Fridays game. Good win, now its MC at MC. SHould be a tough game to win but certainly possible. Dead last in HE is kind of depressing but not unexpected.
    Commesso's rebound control got the game out of hand early. Maine pretty much cruised from there.

Looked like BU thought they would have another easy win after Friday night's game, but they were wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    So, does Maine win Hockey East or does BC win it?

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    I went to the game last night and witnessed a last place team completely dominate a talented BU team. BU did not show up to play the game. Maine played an intense game from start to finish! The downside was the number of penalties on both teams!! The game was out of control late with major game misconducts and punches being thrown!! Maine has a chance against Merrimack, but penalties may cost them the win.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    What the heck happened last night? Didn't watch or tape game, was surprised to see the final score being so lopsided after Fridays game. Good win, now its MC at MC. SHould be a tough game to win but certainly possible. Dead last in HE is kind of depressing but not unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• UncleRay
    replied
    Up 8-1 in your final RS game and you take a roughing penalty. I honestly hope Quinlivan has played his last game in a Maine sweater. Showing scouts how tough you are at the expense of your team is not at all helpful for Barr or the rest of the team.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
    Maine plays at BU on Wednesday according to tv announcers but website says Merrimack which I believe is correct. Hope they can play as well as tonight.
    BU had already clinched a bye based on tiebreakers, just a matter of would they be #4 or #5. If Merrimack had pushed the game to OT, the Warriors would have finished #4, BU #5 and Maine would be at #6 UConn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X