The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Someone posted this interview with Barr on facebook. Interesting and insightful. Along the lines of what we had previously heard from him, but in more detail and depth.

The Hockey Think Tank Podcast | Episode 168 - Ben Barr on Podbean https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-afjp2-f60701f

Jason Fortier confirmed by Barr that he is trying to hire on staff. Spends some time talking about his attributes.

​​​​​​
    Hopefully it works out with Fortier. I’m pretty surprised they have waited so long but that must mean Barr really wants him. He sounds like he would be a decent hire to me.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Hopefully it works out with Fortier. I’m pretty surprised they have waited so long but that must mean Barr really wants him. He sounds like he would be a decent hire to me.
      He does sound like a good fit for what Barr wants to accomplish, including a coach who has an eye for how a player fits into the culture.
      Barr has a vision for the desired culture, hope he can get there.
      Last edited by NorthMike; 07-27-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Someone posted this interview with Barr on facebook. Interesting and insightful. Along the lines of what we had previously heard from him, but in more detail and depth.

The Hockey Think Tank Podcast | Episode 168 - Ben Barr on Podbean https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-afjp2-f60701f

Jason Fortier confirmed by Barr that he is trying to hire on staff. Spends some time talking about his attributes.

​​​​​​
        I took the 45 min to listen to this yesterday and it's no secret as to why Coach Barr is successful. Authenticity is so incredibly apparent. Open and honest with recruits / players....self-evaluations, open lines of communications....all things that are critical to this era of athletes. I'm so excited to see what the future holds. It *sounds* like Ken Ralph hooked a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post

I took the 45 min to listen to this yesterday and it's no secret as to why Coach Barr is successful. Authenticity is so incredibly apparent. Open and honest with recruits / players....self-evaluations, open lines of communications....all things that are critical to this era of athletes. I'm so excited to see what the future holds. It *sounds* like Ken Ralph hooked a good one.
          Also listened. Couldn't possibly be more excited about the future of the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post

Yeah. I think Barr may also be very patient which is a big plus. This will take time. I like that he is younger and understands todays players instead of being old school.

I found some of what he talked about as a culture were things Red believed in and promoted. Maybe Reds limited success was due to being old school and not including the right chemistry in a staff as a whole, and too nice of a guy by not making staff changes. He sure was a legend.

Comment

• Fortier is official which I think is excellent news. Now just need a volunteer assistant.

Comment

• Ben Guite got a head coach job, some small college
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Ben Guite got a head coach job, some small college
                  Saw from the link here, appears to say he will be head coach of Mariners.
                  If true, big step.

https://***********/DaveEidWGME/stat...441211401?s=19
                  Last edited by NorthMike; 07-30-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Saw from the link here, appears to say he will be head coach of Mariners.
                    If true, big step.

https://***********/DaveEidWGME/stat...441211401?s=19
                    That's great news, I'm happy for Ben.

Comment

• Guite might be a decent coach if he doesn't have to recruit.

Comment

• https://goblackbears.com/news/2021/7...ant-coach.aspx

Comment

• https://***********/patrickraftery3/...697278976?s=21

heading into first year of USHL w / Lincoln.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                            https://***********/patrickraftery3/...697278976?s=21

heading into first year of USHL w / Lincoln.
                            Not a big scorer but sounds like a decent prospect.

It looks like Sean Walsh took a job with a USHL and won’t be back with Maine next year. Congrats to him!

Comment

• Holy crap, it looks like Coach has found an extra 100+ lbs. since his playing days. Maybe the Customs folks were puzzled when Fortier claimed it was only himself, and not some stowaway in his belly?

Hope the Downeast's Five Guys franchise is prepared for this guy's imminent arrival ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Holy crap, it looks like Coach has found an extra 100+ lbs. since his playing days. Maybe the Customs folks were puzzled when Fortier claimed it was only himself, and not some stowaway in his belly?

Hope the Downeast's Five Guys franchise is prepared for this guy's imminent arrival ...
                                You enjoy fat shaming? Stick to the UNH mess .

Comment

Working...
                                X