X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Maybe Im just a na?ve optimist, but I have a feeling Maine wins tonight. Interesting choice to start Theissen over Ostman, but we'll see if it pays off.
    Lol. To be as optimistic as I was 3 hours ago

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    Solari's a hack, as are the clowns who sub in for him. As others have stated, there was another momentous event back then that is probably a liiiittle more relevant to the fortunes of Maine hockey than what radio channel the games are broadcast on.
    Shawn died in 2001. Maine kept making Frozen Fours until 2007. My argument isn't so much what channel games are on, it's that it is indicative of the abysmal decision making that cursed the University of Maine for a decade or more. It's also the reason why the university's most prominent alumni and generous donors no longer give to the school - which does matter. I realize you all still think the coach can go out to the orchard behind the football field and pick a few bushels of money, but that's not how it works. It used to. When Shawn had access to Uncle Harold's Platinum Card those trees were bountiful. That isn't the case anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BlackBearFan19
    replied
    Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    Maine actually starting to get good pressure now.

Breen makes it 3-1
    The top line seems to be the only one with life. Renwick has been active as well. Not dead yet but it’s desperation time.

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Maine actually starting to get good pressure now.

Breen makes it 3-1

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Brutal puck tracking by Theissen on the third goal. Wonder if Barr gave him the start knowing he's leaving after this year, I could see him being a non-senior who moves on.

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Brutal effort in their own end tonight. 3-0 Mack now, getting dark early at Lawler.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Before the kill attempt they were buzzing, then they got totally sapped after giving up the goal. The last minute to 90 seconds of the first was decent again, but they need a more consistent effort.

Leave a comment:

• UncleRay
    replied
    Solari's a hack, as are the clowns who sub in for him. As others have stated, there was another momentous event back then that is probably a liiiittle more relevant to the fortunes of Maine hockey than what radio channel the games are broadcast on.

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Maine takes a bad interference call and Merrimack scores on the PP.

1-0 Mack

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Just shows what a shortsighted decision it really was.

Not that you want to take advantage of someone's generosity but no chance the Kings would have spurned the program like they have if their partnership would have continued and that would have eased the blow of Alfond's passing.

Do you know if they still support any other Maine athletic programs?
    The most recent info (2018?) I have seen is that the Kings gave an average of $3 million a year to various charities, non-profits and public education...not a dime of which goes to anything to do with the University of Maine.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Maybe Im just a na?ve optimist, but I have a feeling Maine wins tonight. Interesting choice to start Theissen over Ostman, but we'll see if it pays off.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    https://bangordailynews.com/2022/03/...eid=8fa35ce6e8

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied
    I’m sure Jeff cares about the ZON thing because he lived it, I don’t begrudge him that. Obviously the team doesnt suck because of Clear Channel

Its a neat corrleation though. There are some Shaughnessy/Bambino moments over the last 10 years. Nyquist missing the open net at UNH that cost then them a 2011 ncaa berth is like Pesky holding the ball in ‘46.

I mean if you wanna go full curse you gotta include the 02 and 04 national titles games dont you? Those are the bucky dent games

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

After a little digging I found that Learfield is little more than a shell company for Clear Channel. For some reason no one in the media felt like mentioning it. Or finding it. I too wonder why James & Co jumped at the CC money and eschewed the Kings. Not only are they prominent alumni and huge boosters, they have single handedly saved entire programs in the past. When I was there the swim and diving teams were on the block and the Kings funded the programs in perpetuity.

​​​​
    Just shows what a shortsighted decision it really was.

Not that you want to take advantage of someone's generosity but no chance the Kings would have spurned the program like they have if their partnership would have continued and that would have eased the blow of Alfond's passing.

Do you know if they still support any other Maine athletic programs?

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

Blake James sucked, its that simple.
    Amen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X