Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I thought they might be but I ‘m doubting theses guys are ready for prime time
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

    Comment


    • Pull Ostman, send a message at this point

      show me something in the third
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

      Comment


      • Did I read the box score right, did Massachusetts really get only a single shot on net for the final 18 minutes of the game, and it went in the net for the game winner? Unbelievable if true.

        Comment


        • Rooting for BU just feels wrong.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

          And stay off the lawn!

          Comment


          • Back to back nights where it felt like Maine deserved to win. UMass was a bit more skilled, Ostman with two uncharacteristic nights.

            Either way the regular season was a bonafide success, as the preseason pick to finish last, time to take care of business on Wednesday and give Northeastern hell. (I’d much rather have a potential matchup with Marrimack, but oh well.)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Pull Ostman, send a message at this point

              show me something in the third
              We're in the minority, but he runs hot and cold.

              Not a big fan.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                We're in the minority, but he runs hot and cold.

                Not a big fan.
                If Mucitelli doesn’t start Wednesday Barr should be fired.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                  If Mucitelli doesn’t start Wednesday Barr should be fired.
                  Ah yes, he of the 4.83 GAA and an 0.824 SV%.

                  Get real.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    If Mucitelli doesn’t start Wednesday Barr should be fired.
                    Ostman wasn't great this weekend, but Maine isn't where they are without him this season.

                    Starting Mucitelli with no game action since the calendar turned to 2023 would be negligent coaching.

                    Comment


                    • Impressive weekend for UMass! Coming in to Alfond Arena and taking 6 points from a relatively hot Maine team is not easy. They have good size, speed and skill. They may be peaking at the right time.

                      Comment


                      • Well that was actually a good game and maine outplayed umass big time. The boys played with an intensity as I've not seen this year. The lack of scoring ability really shined and cost them the game, regardless of how Ostman played.

                        Barr is a class act, including how he makes sure the coaches go through the line shaking hands. Barr spent a lot of time shaking, bro hugging, and talking with the Umass players on the way through (his recruits I guess). They showed alot of respect for Barr.
                        We are in such a better place with this program as compared to the last what 15 years, the future is bright. Ending up in 6th is very respectable at this point in the rebuild.
                        Onto wednesday and the cats.
                        Last edited by NorthMike; 03-04-2023, 10:15 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Well that was actually a good game and maine outplayed umass big time. The boys played with an intensity as I've not seen this year. The lack of scoring ability really shined and cost them the game, regardless of how Ostman played.

                          Barr is a class act, including how he makes sure the coaches go through the line shaking hands. Barr spent a lot of time shaking, bro hugging, and talking with the Umass players on the way through (his recruits I guess). They showed alot of respect for Barr.
                          We are in such a better place with this program as compared to the last what 15 years, the future is bright. Ending up in 6th is very respectable at this point in the rebuild.
                          Onto wednesday and the cats.
                          I noticed him hugging a few Umass players. Must be his recruits as there are only a couple of players remaining from the championship team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

                            Ah yes, he of the 4.83 GAA and an 0.824 SV%.

                            Get real.
                            He was being real with his thoughts, that's what's really scary.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                            And stay off the lawn!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              I thought they might be but I ‘m doubting theses guys are ready for prime time
                              Hard to win in prime time when you don't score.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

                                He was being real with his thoughts, that's what's really scary.
                                Nah, he likes trolling
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X