X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Just bought tickets for friday night, our first trip to the whit.
    Unh is recently playing good hockey, a split this weekend would be ok with me, no points would make for a tough weekend.
    Hopefully it’s a good atmosphere. Back in the day going to games there was so much fun and you couldn’t get tickets for love or money.

Maine is in a really interesting place in the standings. They could easily drop to tenth if they struggle and could also easily move up to sixth place. If they could finish sixth and play UVM then Merrimack they would have a great shot of making the garden. BC or UMA could be tricky for BU in the quarters. I think if Maine stays healthy and keeps playing decent hockey they have a legit shot in the hockey East tourney.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Just bought tickets for friday night, our first trip to the whit.
    Unh is recently playing good hockey, a split this weekend would be ok with me, no points would make for a tough weekend.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I didn't think Maine played badly, there just wasn't any room on the ice. Lowell plugs it up and did so all game.
    Agreed. Maine is playing winning hockey right now. If they play like this in the HE tourney....they will have a good shot at advancing in the HE tourney until they get matched up with BU.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    I didn't think Maine played badly, there just wasn't any room on the ice. Lowell plugs it up and did so all game.

Leave a comment:

• MoxieMan21
    replied
    Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Thought Maine didnt have a lot of jump today. But...a point is a point. Move along, nothing to see here.
    That is one of the signs IMO that the team is truly on the rise. If you can scrape out points when you don’t play your best game, that’s positive. In years past if they didn’t bring their A game they didn’t have a chance to win games.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    Both teams play a similar style game. I wouldn't say that Maine was the better team. Attack the puck, active sticks and block shots. I was surprised Ostman allowed three goals on three shots in the shootout. I would have thought he would stop at least one.
    Last edited by Runsub5; 02-12-2023, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• acs64
    replied
    Thought Maine didnt have a lot of jump today. But...a point is a point. Move along, nothing to see here.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

LOL. That's USCHO's own Jimmy Connelly.
    That explains it.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Maine is six points behind Providence with two games in hand. The Black Bears play six games against teams ranked lower than them. The Friars have home-and-home series with Lowell and BU to wrap up the season.

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Kind of a frustrating ending, but Maine was the better team in this game, and they improved as they went along. A point is better than no points.

I was sitting just behind the goal when Ostman made that stop at the end of regulation. I knew right away that he had kept it out, but it was no doubt an incredible stop.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Take the tie and on to UNH

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Man this guy on the call isnt too bright
    LOL. That's USCHO's own Jimmy Connelly.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Man this guy on the call isnt too bright
    Their tough to listen to.

Leave a comment:

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    What an insane save Ostman made at the end of regulation.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Thats a save for books, wow. Too many icings and no line change for the last minute

Leave a comment:

Working...
X