No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Maine looked really good in 1st, not sure if they sat back after they got the lead or not? Obviously they did what they had to do but thought BC had more ice to work with as Game went on. I don't think this BC team has the chops of the teams I'm used to watching over the years. They missed the net many times. The posts helped Maine some also. Good win, on to Lowell, be sweet to get some points at Lowell. Nice that we have something to watch on Sunday besides Super Bowl crap : )
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Yep, Maine Hockey >> super bowl mania.

Love watching these guys go to work. No quit ....recipe for success. So long as they keep that up and get good goaltending they're in every game. Been a long time since that happened.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        ...and get good goaltending they're in every game.
        Something I just looked up and calculated, because I was curious:

Victor Ostman against the Boston University Terriers: 13 GA, 0.800 SV%

Victor Ostman against the rest of Hockey East combined: 25 GA, 0.931 SV%

To be clear, I am a fan of Ostman and I think he's a very good goaltender.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I brought my girlfriend for her first ever hockey game, I think she was the good luck charm : )
          She's a keeper. :-) Official attendance was listed at 4175. Are Maine fans starting to travel in large numbers like the "old days"?

Comment

He has been very good this year. His consistency was my concern prior to this year. He showed glimpses of being able to be a solid tender but then would let in weak ones and just have a bad game. This year the consistency is much better but still a little of it. When he is on though, he is on! From what I’ve seen this year outside Comesso and Levi, he is as good as anyone else in the league IMO.

Comment

NO doubt in my mind BU's skill level results in many more golden opportunities making it really tough on a goalie. Is Alfie still working with the goalies?
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                ......... Is Alfie still working with the goalies?
                Well, he's a former goal tender and assistant coach so I would assume that he is the goal tender coach. No one else on staff has those credentials.

Comment

• Tough game today, lets hope for 1st period against BC Maine and not 2nd period Maine. Need to keep the heat on.

Comment

• Tough start but good response. Breen with an another to tie it up. He is on an absolute heater.

Comment

• Maine power play gets hot with guys moving around the offensive zone and using that bumper guy and now this weekend gone back to passing it around the perimeter making it real easy for penalty killers to block shots. Not sure I get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

She's a keeper. :-)
                        I see what you did there.

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Lots of lost edges late in 2nd, ice bad or what?

Comment

• Game seems very even. This is a winnable game and I want to see how they come out in the third.

Comment

• Slow ice can really make a good game not so good. I hope not, but expect Maine to be short handed this period as the Refs get the stats “evened up”.
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Play a clean game and then..........................................

Comment

Working...
                                X