Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Almost six goals
    Last weekend it was fine that the Maine forward knocked the goalie over and this weekend it wasn’t fine that the Maine forward breathed on the goalie. Needs to be some
    consistency.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

    Comment


    • Very weak waive off considering the goal they allowed for BU last night. BU scores right after.

      Comment


      • Nice comeback. Don't stop now.
        Last edited by rw1733; 01-21-2023, 06:40 PM.

        Comment


        • Hard to beat a team with good shooters.
          Good effort anyway to make it a game for a while.
          Pretty weak goal tending sadly.
          Last edited by NorthMike; 01-21-2023, 07:04 PM.

          Comment


          • going...going...gone.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
              What a roller coaster so far, don’t turn this one off yet.
              I suppose it is cheaper than paying a dominatrix to torture you...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                Last weekend it was fine that the Maine forward knocked the goalie over and this weekend it wasn’t fine that the Maine forward breathed on the goalie. Needs to be some
                consistency.
                Last weekend the Maine forward was checked into the goalie by the goalies teammate
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                Comment


                • Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  I must have watched a different game than you guys. Yes a horrible start right out of the gate with that "penalty" 10 seconds in, but I think BU was pretty opportunistic, maybe more than they deserved. Maine certainly skated with them and were very good with their sticks and physicality all night. Had Maine gotten goal two BU may have started to grip their own sticks a little tight. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about skating 11 freshmen. Loved Maine's work ethic, they just don't quit. Haven't seen that since Walshy's era.
                  I'm with you. I didn't post last night because I thought have must have been watching a different game.

                  Sure, Maine hasn't the hands that BU has, but I thought they skated nearly as well.

                  The biggest factor IMO was the goaltending and the penalties. I actually felt that Maine is making strides, despite the score.

                  Comment


                  • Maine is now 2-5-1 without Trudeau 7-7-1 with him. Hopefully he is back in the team Friday.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Maine is now 2-5-1 without Trudeau 7-7-1 with him. Hopefully he is back in the team Friday.
                      You dont think Barr just sat him for the stupid penalty.
                      I suspect so or injury.
                      Last edited by NorthMike; 01-21-2023, 08:57 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Anybody remember a game where both goalies got subbed out for getting shelled?
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                        And stay off the lawn!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Maine is now 2-5-1 without Trudeau 7-7-1 with him. Hopefully he is back in the team Friday.
                          Only seen about 10 Maine games this season, but Trudeau isn't the lynchpin on this team if you ask me.

                          Not even close.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                            I'm with you. I didn't post last night because I thought have must have been watching a different game.

                            Sure, Maine hasn't the hands that BU has, but I thought they skated nearly as well.

                            The biggest factor IMO was the goaltending and the penalties. I actually felt that Maine is making strides, despite the score.
                            Went to game tonite, men against boys. Bu could go deep in the season.
                            Huge difference in passing, getting themselves open and supporting the puck, stick skills, hands, sniping.
                            But give maine credit they are tenacious good speed, work hard and improved sticks. Making good strides, about four or six players could make a huge difference .

                            Comment


                            • There were goalies? I thought they played tonight with shooter tutors and traffic cones.

                              Comment


                              • A sight for sore eyes......

                                https://twitter.com/PentictonVees/st...09773991186433

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X