Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Maine got one back to prevent a shutout, 4-1 Terriers after two.

Comment

• End of that period is what we’ve seen most of the year. Rough game but Maine is still playing hard, hope they can make it a game in the 3rd.

For as good as BU is offensively, I think they allow a lot defensively. Commesso is real strong in net but I could see them being vulnerable if he ever has an off night. Talent wise this BU team is probably as good as anyone in the country.

Comment

• Well, best way to sum it up was that Maine was awful tonight and I hope they're better tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          Well, best way to sum it up was that Maine was awful tonight and I hope they're better tomorrow.
          Sorry you had to sit through that, I’ve been there before.

That game was over in the first 5 minutes. The key for Maine tonight is getting out of the first period, BU is overwhelming in terms of talent and speed. They let up way too many off man rushes last night, they have to find a way to slow BU down.

Comment

• Not disappointed they lost, thats not a surprise. BU is a vastly better team in terms of talent but to come out like they did and put themselves in that deep a hole is disappointing, it was like deja vu all over again. : ) Hopefully they don't shoot themselves in the foot tonight.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I must have watched a different game than you guys. Yes a horrible start right out of the gate with that "penalty" 10 seconds in, but I think BU was pretty opportunistic, maybe more than they deserved. Maine certainly skated with them and were very good with their sticks and physicality all night. Had Maine gotten goal two BU may have started to grip their own sticks a little tight. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about skating 11 freshmen. Loved Maine's work ethic, they just don't quit. Haven't seen that since Walshy's era.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• An interesting thing to note from the lineup sheet, Felix Trudeau is not playing, and he's not listed as a scratch. I wonder if this is some sort of message from the coach after his retaliation negated what would have been a power play opportunity for the Black Bears at the end of the 1st period when they were still only down 2-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  An interesting thing to note from the lineup sheet, Felix Trudeau is not playing, and he's not listed as a scratch. I wonder if this is some sort of message from the coach after his retaliation negated what would have been a power play opportunity for the Black Bears at the end of the 1st period when they were still only down 2-0.
                  Matt Fawcett is listed both on the 4th line and as a scratch, so probably simply an oversight by whoever prepared the line chart.

Comment

• Comment

• Deja vu all over again.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Game over. They don't learn.

Comment

• What a roller coaster so far, don’t turn this one off yet.

Comment

• Wt* Did they just wake up.
                            Start playing their game and stop being intimidated they look better
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 01-21-2023, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Matt Fawcett is listed both on the 4th line and as a scratch, so probably simply an oversight by whoever prepared the line chart.
                              Bruneski isn’t listed either. I think whoever put it together bottled it.

Trudeau would be a massive loss if he did leave.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Almost six goals

Comment

Working...
                                X