Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For someone at the game, is the Alfond unusually quiet tonight? Not sure if it’s the sound on ESPN+ or not but seems quiet to me.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      For someone at the game, is the Alfond unusually quiet tonight? Not sure if it’s the sound on ESPN+ or not but seems quiet to me.
      Looking at the balcony, I assume the students are on break. They've always brought the noise to the arena. One of my professors said Alfond was a mortician's dream come true: so many lifeless bodies in one place. And mind you, this was when we were national champions, not the dregs of Hockey East.

That was a disappointing showing. Only 2-1 on the scoreboard but it never felt like Maine was a threat. Lowell completely shut down any avenues of attack.

Comment

• Barr will not beat Bazin until he has more talent than him.

Comment

• Again, Maine can't finish.

I was all for the Barr hire, but he hasn't brought in any hands.

Not yet, anyway, and I'm nor seeing much in his recruits as of now.

Comment

• Tough loss and some overreactions on here. Maine never really got going but I don’t think they were outplayed. Lowell played their game better than Maine played theirs.

To say Maine hasn’t brought in any hands is a bit harsh. The freshman class is really strong and the transfers have been good. It’s fair to say Maine hasn’t brought in scorers but I wouldn’t expect that so soon. The Nadeau’s are certainly guys with hands.

Comment

• Alfond was about half full Id say, no students.

The team skated with Lowell never gave up and has great stamina compared to recent years but lowell is bigger could push maine off the puck and has much better puck skills.
              Cant put the puck in the net and pp sucks. Fix those two and things will look up.
              The freshmen are looking better each game.
              It was a fast game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
                Chill out, its a 60 minute game for a reason. Yikes.
                When you get a 2 minute 5 on 3 and get nothing out of it, that ain't good. Barr knows that and most every fan knows that. No doubt Maine didn't give up but Lowell was the better team. Lets see what happens tonight.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• New commitment for 24 out of the SJHL Zach Somers

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...zackery-somers

Comment

• Hopefully the Mainer who won Mega Millions is a Maine hockey fan and donates enough to get the renovations started : )
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Hopefully the Mainer who won Mega Millions is a Maine hockey fan and donates enough to get the renovations started : )
                      Lol had the exact same thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Hopefully the Mainer who won Mega Millions is a Maine hockey fan and donates enough to get the renovations started : )
                        I think If I won a billion Id just build them a new rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                          Barr will not beat Bazin until he has more talent than him.
                          Norm Bazin was working in a lumber yard when Tim got him into coaching. Apparently, Tim recognized potential in him as a coach. He was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

Norm Bazin was working in a lumber yard when Tim got him into coaching. Apparently, Tim recognized potential in him as a coach. He was right.
                            Tried to get him to Orono as an assistant coach but it didn’t work out. To be honest I think he’s a much better coach than recruiter so not sure how much difference he would have made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

That’s a pretty cool story. Bazin has always been class.

Lowell is a model for a lot of other rebuilding programs, they went out and got a great coach, made an investment in the arena (even though part of that was luck), and paid that coach handsomely to stay.

Big game tonight, can’t afford to get swept on home ice. Let’s see if Maine can solve Lowell, need the big guns to step up, especially Breen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                That was a disappointing showing. Only 2-1 on the scoreboard but it never felt like Maine was a threat. Lowell completely shut down any avenues of attack.
                                That third period was especially brutal. Dump and chase where Lowell would just out muscle Maine forecheckers to every puck and make Maine skate 200 feet just to do it again.

Kind of shocked Barr didn't recognize and adjust to that just simply not working and try to beat Lowell into the zone with speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X