X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Pretty weak stats.

Maine needs guys who can score.

Tim did that, Red never could, and Barr hasn't either.

Just ONE dangerous line would be a big help right now.
    He played well for Slovakia at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup and scored this gem. We'd all like to see gaudy stats but he looks like he has some finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

He played well for Slovakia at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup and scored this gem. We'd all like to see gaudy stats but he looks like he has some finish.
      Guy is also young for the USHL. He was the 4th leading scorer on the Shattuck St. Mary's 16U team last year. That's not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Guy is also young for the USHL. He was the 4th leading scorer on the Shattuck St. Mary's 16U team last year. That's not bad.
        Agree completely. 17 years old in that league is a big ask.

So much negativity on this thread - they are playing with 10-12 new players every night and look SO MUCH BETTER than any team in recent memory. Fast, tenacious, defenseman who can actually skate with the puck...I'm in the minority I guess that I think this thing gets completely turned around in the next few years. And by turned around I mean a chance at the Tournament - not 1993. Look at Souza at UNH - he is on his fifth year I think, they are terrible. Maine is substantially better than Vermont and Woodcroft has a full cycle more as head coach. Gendron's rosters just had big bodies and legitimate division 3 players. Look where the kids Barr had to cut ended up...9 wins in early January, and the obvious change in style of play, I couldn't be happier of the direction of the program.

I'm not nearly as in tune with the politics and money with the school as some of you seem to be, so I just hope that the proposed renovations get done, and if so, I think Maine is a top 4 team in Hockey East again.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Nice, looks to have some size also
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

So much negativity on this thread - they are playing with 10-12 new players every night and look SO MUCH BETTER than any team in recent memory. Fast, tenacious, defenseman who can actually skate with the puck...I'm in the minority I guess that I think this thing gets completely turned around in the next few years. And by turned around I mean a chance at the Tournament - not 1993. Look at Souza at UNH - he is on his fifth year I think, they are terrible. Maine is substantially better than Vermont and Woodcroft has a full cycle more as head coach. Gendron's rosters just had big bodies and legitimate division 3 players. Look where the kids Barr had to cut ended up...9 wins in early January, and the obvious change in style of play, I couldn't be happier of the direction of the program.

I'm not nearly as in tune with the politics and money with the school as some of you seem to be, so I just hope that the proposed renovations get done, and if so, I think Maine is a top 4 team in Hockey East again.
            Negativity you should have been on here when Tim was coach. : ) Barr has the team going in the right direction for sure. Can't wait for the brothers to show up next year.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It should be clear to everybody that this team is on the upward and that the future is bright. I think we all realize this and are excited, except for noted concern troll Drew S.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Ill take as many players as we can get from Shattuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

It should be clear to everybody that this team is on the upward and that the future is bright. I think we all realize this and are excited, except for noted concern troll Drew S.
                  Red had the program heading down a road to nowhere, what i really like is now this year the contrast to that has become very clear, Barr has turned off that road.
                  The next two years will show if he can be successful, I think so but maybe like 4 or 5 before they can truly be a contender and back in the national discussion.

Ive said it before but my biggest concern is that Barr will leave after gaining some success here. Hope not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Drew S. - you mean Mrs. Gendron?
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Amen! Yes....the negativity from some of these posters can be overbearing at times....thank god that they don't run the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Drew S. - you mean Mrs. Gendron?
                        That’s one of the kinder things I’ve been called here!

The thing that the concerns me is by far the best players on this year’s team and the best recruits are all from the prior regime. The kid who just committed is one of Barr’s better recruits from what I can see.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

That’s one of the kinder things I’ve been called here!

The thing that the concerns me is by far the best players on this year’s team and the best recruits are all from the prior regime. The kid who just committed is one of Barr’s better recruits from what I can see.
                          At this point, any recruits are Barr’s guys. They’re choosing to play for him, not the prior regime. I remember you saying this a a month or two ago and I listed out the commitment date of all the incoming guys, with only Josh Nadeau and Isaac Lambert committing before he got the job.

Also, the “best” players on this team have taken huge steps since Barr became coach. Outside of Breen, I don’t think any of these guys would be developing the way they are. Poisson and Houle have looked like different players since he took over.

Barr has made excellent use of the portal, Hanson and Henbrant being the most notable.

Lastly, the d core which is arguably the strongest area of this team, is almost entirely Barr recruits. Recruiting won’t be an issue as long as he’s here, the question we had is whether or not he could coach, which I think we’re watching in real time.
                          Last edited by BlackBearFan19; 01-09-2023, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

At this point, any recruits are Barr’s guys. They’re choosing to play for him, not the prior regime. I remember you saying this a a month or two ago and I listed out the commitment date of all the incoming guys, with only Josh Nadeau and Isaac Lambert committing before he got the job.

Also, the “best” players on this team have taken huge steps since Barr became coach. Outside of Breen, I don’t think any of these guys would be developing the way they are. Poisson and Houle have looked like different players since he took over.

Barr has made excellent use of the portal, Hanson and Henbrant being the most notable.

Lastly, the d core which is arguably the strongest area of this team, is almost entirely Barr recruits. Recruiting won’t be an issue as long as he’s here, the question we had is whether or not he could coach, which I think we’re watching in real time.
                            You are so correct.
                            Any recruit committed after May 2021is Barrs. Yeah the prior regime may have laid some ground work on some of them but they signed under Barr.
                            The key is that Barr recruits the correct players to grow the program how he wants it to. Its been said 100s of times he is not chasing those with the best stats. At this point its not even realistic to think he can recruit the top players to come here. Hopefully so as some success is gained and the facilities are upgraded.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

You are so correct.
                              Any recruit committed after May 2021is Barrs. Yeah the prior regime may have laid some ground work on some of them but they signed under Barr.
                              The key is that Barr recruits the correct players to grow the program how he wants it to. Its been said 100s of times he is not chasing those with the best stats. At this point its not even realistic to think he can recruit the top players to come here. Hopefully so as some success is gained and the facilities are upgraded.
                              Agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Red had the program heading down a road to nowhere, what i really like is now this year the contrast to that has become very clear, Barr has turned off that road.
                                The next two years will show if he can be successful, I think so but maybe like 4 or 5 before they can truly be a contender and back in the national discussion.

Ive said it before but my biggest concern is that Barr will leave after gaining some success here. Hope not!!
                                I'm with you re: giving Barr a couple more years. It takes a while to put out a dumpster fire.

Certainly Maine looks better, but tournament teams need to have at least *some* scorers.

Comment

Working...
                                X