The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I expected him to be solid enough this year but he has truly been great. He’s been by far Maine’s best player and without him Maine probably only has a few wins.

It would be nice to see Maine score more goals like Alaska’s second.
    I've been critical of him the last couple season but gotta give him credit for putting in the work to fix the holes in his game.

He has put himself firmly in the Richter Award conversation with his play so far this year.

Comment

• Sirotas game is off this year.
      Surprising.

Comment

• Nice job by a captain taking a penalty after AA ties it up.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I think the refs bottled that, clear sending off for me.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Great effort by Poisson to get that puck back and a nice finish by Hanson on the GWG!

Comment

• Good weekend.
              Nice to see this team finish and not give up.

Comment

• Win is a win but still lots of mistakes that I hoped would be lessened by this time in the season. They play hard, in fact I'd call them relentless at times. They swarm on the puck. Way better than what we have seen for many years. If Barr can get some offense in here.............

One other thing am I the only one wishing for Joe Carr or Dan Hannigan or anyone not named Jeff Mannix?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Win is a win but still lots of mistakes that I hoped would be lessened by this time in the season. They play hard, in fact I'd call them relentless at times. They swarm on the puck. Way better than what we have seen for many years. If Barr can get some offense in here.............

One other thing am I the only one wishing for Joe Carr or Dan Hannigan or anyone not named Jeff Mannix?
                  Dan was the best!
                  Hard act to follow.

Comment

• Mannix makes me cringe on every SOG, he doesn’t need to shriek on each attempt. More consistent decibels dude, you force me to turn down the volume anticipating your next yell….
                    I like the aggression Maine is developing, but still too many “duh” plays. All
                    the PP face offs won, only to have a Dman slow to react to the puck happens too much. Seeing that puck drifting down the ice after a PP face off win is frustrating to see.
                    Also, Trudeau seems out of position on a PP, I’d much rather see him down low in the crease instead of high slot. He can dig now,
                    and then show off his shot in a year or two.
                    These guys might surprise HE the next few weeks if they can play smart.
                    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                    Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Win is a win but still lots of mistakes that I hoped would be lessened by this time in the season. They play hard, in fact I'd call them relentless at times. They swarm on the puck. Way better than what we have seen for many years. If Barr can get some offense in here.............

Lots of mistakes, but if Maine could put the 2nd in a bottle, then open it up again as needed, they might have a shot at the tournament.

Comment

• Missed the weekend set because I'm in hospital but great to hear the team is still fighting hard and now getting results as well. This is a team that swept Lowell in Lowell last weekend so these wins weren't a given. A very positive step forward.

Joe Carr was an exceptional broadcaster and a good friend. He'd be the first to praise Hannigan for his work. Looking at our past broadcasters these are very big shoes to fill. Don't forget there's also Dale Duff and a guy named Gary Thorne in that mix as well. I don't envy Mannix in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          This is a team that swept Lowell in Lowell last weekend so these wins weren't a given.
                          The SOG disparity between the two teams this weekend doesn't do justice to just how much Maine really carried play at times, especially on Friday night where they would have the Seawolves hemmed in their zone for minutes at a time at even strength. Was really nice to see them assert themselves as often as they did.

But as has been the case in recent years, the lack of pure goal-scorers kept that game closer than it should have been. Lamoreaux also played well, to his credit.

Comment

• A new commit Peter Cisar. A third Slovakian.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...97/peter-cisar

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
                              A new commit Peter Cisar. A third Slovakian.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...97/peter-cisar
                              Pretty weak stats.

Maine needs guys who can score.

Tim did that, Red never could, and Barr hasn't either.

Just ONE dangerous line would be a big help right now.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-08-2023, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Pretty weak stats.

Maine needs guys who can score.

Tim did that, Red never could, and Barr hasn't either.

Just ONE dangerous line would be a big help right now.
                                Looks like a solid player. His stats aren’t jumping off the page but it might be a bit premature saying he isn’t a scorer. Looks like he has had pretty solid stats at every level prior to playing in the USHL which is obviously a huge step up. Looks like a promising find with some potential, he’s probably still 2-3 years away from Orono so time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X