No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win lose or draw much better team to watch then what we have seen over the last 10 years or so. I think NU is the better team right now but Maine didn't give up and played till the end. Got some great chances in OT but Levi stoned them. Winning faceoffs, sticks in the way on D and speed are so much improved its unreal. Not sure how many freshman played yesterday, 8 or 9,? is a testament to Barrs ability to get good kids to come to Orono. Tough game tonight, I assume NUs coach will have his team ready to go. Be nice to see Maine come out and get a lead.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Go! It should be a good game.
      Did go to field hockey game. It was fun, took a while to figure out what the whistles are for. Never been to one, will be back. Folks around us helped explain things. Lol.
      Pretty decent crowd there, looked like some die hard fans too who make all the games.

The ladies new softball field is coming along and will be very nice, hadnt been back there yet to see things.

Ladies soccer doing well also. They have conf tourney game Sunday in orono.

Fun hockey game, well coached and executed.
      Light crowd, not many students.
      Last edited by NorthMike; 10-29-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• What a comeback, there is no quit in this team. They’re still offensively challenged but like Barr has been saying “they need to manufacture goals”. It does not surprise me that Barr let a lot of upperclassmen walk last year because these freshmen can really play. Trudeau looked good, really strong along the walls and is always looking to generate offense.

Great start to hockey East play and it could get even better with points tonight. Next weekend has the potential to be really tough at uconn so taking points here could help lessen the blow of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Did go to field hockey game. It was fun, took a while to figure out what the whistles are for. Never been to one, will be back. Folks around us helped explain things. Lol.
          Pretty decent crowd there, looked like some die hard fans too who make all the games.
          Yeah, FH has some incomprehensible rules. You really need to have a friend to explain them. Over and over.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Mucitelli in net.

Comment

• Such a dumb penalty to take.

Fawcett looks in a bad way.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Such a dumb penalty to take.

Fawcett looks in a bad way.
                Didnt see. What happened to fawcet?
                He looked pretty hurt getting off ice.

Comment

Didnt see. What happened to fawcet?
                  He looked pretty hurt getting off ice.
                  I have no idea but he looked bad going off the ice.

Once Maine killed the penalty they played a good period and were a little unlucky not to score.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Terrible start to the period but that last 10 minutes were really impressive. Don’t count these guys out.

Comment

• It looked like Mucitelli was pulled after the second again. After this and Bentley, I wonder how secure Ostman's grip on the net is.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        Yeah, FH has some incomprehensible rules. You really need to have a friend to explain them. Over and over.

You and North Mike have that exactly right.

The Warden's girl played it in HS (just recently graduated after going to the State finals), and I'd thought I'd go deaf from all the whistles.

That game needs work, but it's fundamentally entertaining just the same.

Comment

• Similar to Quinnipiac series. 1st period Maine played well, couple quick goals did them in. I'm amazed NU has 12 NHL draft picks, Maine has 0 so theirs that. I still think Maine is going to get better as season progresses . Ostman might end up in net every night?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• They had some real good scoring chances in close to net and few cross ice attempts. Things just didnt work out. It will come.
                            NU just had too much skill for this young team.

Snds like there is some ice quality problems Barr is not happy about. That caused a few problems last night but it was the same for both teams.

Comment

They had some real good scoring chances in close to net and few cross ice attempts. Things just didnt work out. It will come.
                              NU just had too much skill for this young team.

Snds like there is some ice quality problems Barr is not happy about. That caused a few problems last night but it was the same for both teams.
                              Yeah there were a lot of times last night where the puck inexplicably jumped over players sticks.

There have been large stretches the past two weekends where Maine looked like the better team which is impressive given the competition. Much more physical game last night and it was nice to see the team not shy away from that type of game. I remember a lot of games last year (particularly the two at Merrimack) where they got bodied right out of the rink. They’re smaller and skate better this year and it’s nice to see that they didn’t sacrifice the ability to play physically.

Comment

• We obviously want them to win every game but two wins a tie at this point are decent.

I think the frustrating thing is they look like they have the ability to win every game and when they don’t it’s disappointing.

Does any other team in the country average 9 starting freshman?

Comment

Working...
                                X