Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by walrus View Post

    It was the real deal if you weren't there before the addition in the early 90s. The place was so loud in the late 80s to early 90s it was unreal and caused hearing loss Place was awesome. 2003 the place was still rocking but not like the early days of Shawn Walsh.
    Ears would ring come bedtime, like most concerts back then. SRO was the place to be, ushers left you alone, Wally was a fixture down in the corner……and Fitzgerald sucked as a ref……
    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
    Just win.....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

      Ears would ring come bedtime, like most concerts back then. SRO was the place to be, ushers left you alone, Wally was a fixture down in the corner……and Fitzgerald sucked as a ref……
      AT least Fitzy could skate the length of the ice unlike McBride who would be making calls from 180ft away
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

      Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

      Comment


      • Originally posted by walrus View Post

        AT least Fitzy could skate the length of the ice unlike McBride who would be making calls from 180ft away
        Lol. McBride was out of breath and sweating coming down the runway onto the ice.
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

        Comment


        • I hope you folks who wanted to run Guite off are happy now.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I hope you folks who wanted to run Guite off are happy now.
            ???
            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
            Just win.....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

              ???
              https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...61409647415303

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I hope you folks who wanted to run Guite off are happy now.
                Yes, Barr should've retained Guite as an assistant because of one (1) quality recruit. Gotcha.

                I mean, it's not like Barr knows diddly-squat about recruiting. No siree, not like Guite does.

                Unless the recruit's last name was Orr, Howe or Gretzky (or Kariya?) and was planning to stay at Orono for a lot longer than four years, what's your point here?
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                Comment


                • Sucks, but there was 0% chance Guite stayed, and rightfully so. Big loss, but I'm sure we'll be able to make it back and more in time.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I hope you folks who wanted to run Guite off are happy now.
                    Absolutely sucky loss, but let's relax on the pitty party. We just brought in possibly the best recruiter in D1 hockey and we're going to **** and moan about losing one recruit? GTFO. Some of you literally can't be pleased regardless.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post

                      Absolutely sucky loss, but let's relax on the pitty party. We just brought in possibly the best recruiter in D1 hockey and we're going to **** and moan about losing one recruit? GTFO. Some of you literally can't be pleased regardless.
                      I think the thing that frustrates me is that Carvel and Barr were able to hold on to Makar and in this case Barr wasn’t able to hold on to Richard. Who knows how he develops, and maybe he’s a complete bust, but he would have been Maine’s best recruit in a long time.

                      Momentum is extremely important and instead of Barr’s tenure starting off on a positive note it started with probably the worst possible thing that could happen. I think Ostman is the only other player who potentially would be as bad to lose. Hopefully Barr can turn the momentum around quickly and there aren’t any more losses like this.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                      Comment


                      • If he left Barr for Leaman, he'd certainly have left Red for Leaman. Before Red's untimely death, I'd have been surprised if this kid had come to Orono as anything other than a visitor.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                        And stay off the lawn!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          I hope you folks who wanted to run Guite off are happy now.
                          Go play in the road
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                          Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by walrus View Post

                            Go play in the road
                            I got a good chuckle out of this one!
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post

                              Absolutely sucky loss, but let's relax on the pitty party. We just brought in possibly the best recruiter in D1 hockey and we're going to **** and moan about losing one recruit? GTFO. Some of you literally can't be pleased regardless.
                              Agree!
                              Why would anyone thing richard was going to sign with maine because of guite the assoc coach! Theres more to it like a proven successful head coach.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                                I think the thing that frustrates me is that Carvel and Barr were able to hold on to Makar and in this case Barr wasn’t able to hold on to Richard. Who knows how he develops, and maybe he’s a complete bust, but he would have been Maine’s best recruit in a long time.

                                Momentum is extremely important and instead of Barr’s tenure starting off on a positive note it started with probably the worst possible thing that could happen. I think Ostman is the only other player who potentially would be as bad to lose. Hopefully Barr can turn the momentum around quickly and there aren’t any more losses like this.
                                Give Barr some time for gods sake.
                                like five years!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X