No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was in the Delta terminal at LaGuardia yesterday and in came the Hockey team. I forgot they were headed to Denver, I talked to couple of them briefly. They were ready to play.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I was in the Delta terminal at LaGuardia yesterday and in came the Hockey team. I forgot they were headed to Denver, I talked to couple of them briefly. They were ready to play.
      Where were you flying to/from?
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Where were you flying to/from?
        Bermuda.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Pre-pandemic a hockey weekend in Orono was $200-250. I just priced the PC weekend in January (women's hoops also hosts Albany) and the price would be $1241.

Guess it's the radio for me.

Wonder how many other people will have to give up games in person because of the cost of travel.

Comment

• How are we feeling about tonight? I think Maine pulls out a close one.

These are the type of games that Maine is going to have to start to pull out if they want to move in the right direction. Air Force is a tough team and they have some experience so it’s going to be no easy task. I suspect altitude will play a factor, hopefully all that off-season training can help them adjust. I’m excited though, it feels like a new era of Maine hockey with all of the new faces and what seems like a new attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
              How are we feeling about tonight? I think Maine pulls out a close one.

These are the type of games that Maine is going to have to start to pull out if they want to move in the right direction. Air Force is a tough team and they have some experience so it’s going to be no easy task. I suspect altitude will play a factor, hopefully all that off-season training can help them adjust. I’m excited though, it feels like a new era of Maine hockey with all of the new faces and what seems like a new attitude.
              The altitude really concerns me. There have been some really good Maine teams that have struggled out there. I’m going to say Maine is leading going into the third and then runs out of steam.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• https://goblackbears.com/watch/?Arch...1&type=Archive

Some of the player stuff's a little goofy but man does Ben Barr get it. And its well produced....this is the kind of stuff that reaches today's generation and we can do on a relatively low budget that helps the image, recruiting, all of it. Well done by Tyson and his staff, looking forward to these episodes as the season goes along

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  https://goblackbears.com/watch/?Arch...1&type=Archive

Some of the player stuff's a little goofy but man does Ben Barr get it. And its well produced....this is the kind of stuff that reaches today's generation and we can do on a relatively low budget that helps the image, recruiting, all of it. Well done by Tyson and his staff, looking forward to these episodes as the season goes along
                  Agree, 100% The former regime did absolutely nothing like this. Finally a program in the correct direction of college hockey in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    https://goblackbears.com/watch/?Arch...1&type=Archive

Saw this earlier and thought it was well done and good marketing for the program. Barr is so refreshing!

Comment

• Tonight's lineup:

Poisson-Breen-Mancinelli
                      Fawcett-Renwick-Houle
                      Freel-Keicker Olson- Pabich
                      Michaelian-Hebert-Hanson

Sirota-Antonacci
                      Breazeale-Arnott
                      Holt-Bruneski
                      Duerr

Mucitelli
                      Ostman
                      Androlewicz

Scratches:

Henbrandt, Charbier, Carney, Trudeau, Lindauer, Kincaid

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Tonight's lineup:

Poisson-Breen-Mancinelli
                        Fawcett-Renwick-Houle
                        Freel-Keicker Olson- Pabich
                        Michaelian-Hebert-Hanson

Sirota-Antonacci
                        Breazeale-Arnott
                        Holt-Bruneski
                        Duerr

Mucitelli
                        Ostman
                        Androlewicz

Scratches:

Henbrandt, Charbier, Carney, Trudeau, Lindauer, Kincaid
                        Strong lineup but surprised to see Trudeau, Henbrandt and Lindauer scratched, assuming we will see them tomorrow.

Trudeau and Lindauer were noticeable during the exhibition and Henbrandt put up nice numbers last year with Alaska. Either way, go blue

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Strong lineup but surprised to see Trudeau, Henbrandt and Lindauer scratched, assuming we will see them tomorrow.

Trudeau and Lindauer were noticeable during the exhibition and Henbrandt put up nice numbers last year with Alaska. Either way, go blue
                          I think Trudeau might have gotten hurt against PEI, don’t remember seeing him on the ice towards the end of the game. Agree on Lindauer and would expect Henbrandt is one of the better forwards on the team.

Comment

• Not going to watch tonight, learned my lesson when it comes to subscribing. I think tomorrow night you can just pay for the one game which I have no issue doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Not going to watch tonight, learned my lesson when it comes to subscribing. I think tomorrow night you can just pay for the one game which I have no issue doing.
                              I agree. Not going to pay $150 for a subscription just so I can watch one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Not going to watch tonight, learned my lesson when it comes to subscribing. I think tomorrow night you can just pay for the one game which I have no issue doing.
                                It’s not an issue for those who already sub to Flo for football.

Comment

Working...
                                X