Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

    It sounds to me like Weis is being deferred. I hope Nadeau comes in this fall instead of waiting a year.
    what makes you think Weis isn’t in the incoming class?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

      what makes you think Weis isn’t in the incoming class?
      The article said five incoming forwards which to me would be Trudeau, Olson, Pabich, Lindauer, and Freel. Weis is an ‘02 so he could be pushed back a year.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

      Comment


      • There will be 10 forwards coming in next year.

        7 Freshman: Trudeau, Nadeau, Freel, Lindauer, Pabich, Weis, and Kicker - Olson, and 3 transfers: Hanson, Henbrant, Michaelian.

        That gives Maine 28 guys for next year. Barr said on the coaches show to look for 27-30 guys on the team during the rebuild.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tango View Post
          There will be 10 forwards coming in next year.

          7 Freshman: Trudeau, Nadeau, Freel, Lindauer, Pabich, Weis, and Kicker - Olson, and 3 transfers: Hanson, Henbrant, Michaelian.

          That gives Maine 28 guys for next year. Barr said on the coaches show to look for 27-30 guys on the team during the rebuild.
          He did. Maybe there will be one more transfer, making it 29?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

            He did. Maybe there will be one more transfer, making it 29?
            If they do add a transfer, I'd hope it would be on D. I think they're set at forward and are clearly set in goal, but picking up another D might not be a bad idea, we saw what can happen when you don't have the D depth to withstand injuries.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

              He did. Maybe there will be one more transfer, making it 29?
              Yeah, that would be one of the missing Hanson brothers that UncaRay alluded to.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by acs64 View Post

                Yeah, that would be one of the missing Hanson brothers that UncaRay alluded to.
                Would that be Steve?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

                  If they do add a transfer, I'd hope it would be on D. I think they're set at forward and are clearly set in goal, but picking up another D might not be a bad idea, we saw what can happen when you don't have the D depth to withstand injuries.
                  I’m sure Barr wouldn’t mind adding a transfer with one year of eligibility left. I’m curious to see how the d core shakes out this year, I think they have a lot of talent on the back end for the first time in a while.

                  I wonder if Breazeale and Sirota stay together or they both lead their own pairings this year. As a pairing you’d have to figure they’d be one of the top pairings in hockey East. I also think Sirota, Breazeale and Duerr all heading up a d pairing would help ease the transition for the young guys. It’s hard to tell who’s going to distinguish themselves from the Antonacci, Arnott, Chabrier, Holt, Kincaid, Bruneski group. Antonacci had a smooth transition to the USHL, Holt has put up good numbers in the NAHL and Arnott was named Penticton’s defensive player of the year. Those would be my bets with Bruneski as the 7th d man. I really think any guy could get the nod and I expect all to play next year.

                  In other news, the West Kelowna Warriors won their first round series and will face the Penticton Vees in the BCHL semi-finals. This means it will be Felix Trudeau vs. Josh Nadeau, Bradley Nadeau, Grayson Arnott, Thomas Pichette, and Ryan Hopkins for Maine commits.


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

                    Would that be Steve?
                    They all look the same to me.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

                    And stay off the lawn!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

                      I’m sure Barr wouldn’t mind adding a transfer with one year of eligibility left. I’m curious to see how the d core shakes out this year, I think they have a lot of talent on the back end for the first time in a while.

                      I wonder if Breazeale and Sirota stay together or they both lead their own pairings this year. As a pairing you’d have to figure they’d be one of the top pairings in hockey East. I also think Sirota, Breazeale and Duerr all heading up a d pairing would help ease the transition for the young guys. It’s hard to tell who’s going to distinguish themselves from the Antonacci, Arnott, Chabrier, Holt, Kincaid, Bruneski group. Antonacci had a smooth transition to the USHL, Holt has put up good numbers in the NAHL and Arnott was named Penticton’s defensive player of the year. Those would be my bets with Bruneski as the 7th d man. I really think any guy could get the nod and I expect all to play next year.

                      In other news, the West Kelowna Warriors won their first round series and will face the Penticton Vees in the BCHL semi-finals. This means it will be Felix Trudeau vs. Josh Nadeau, Bradley Nadeau, Grayson Arnott, Thomas Pichette, and Ryan Hopkins for Maine commits.

                      My uneducated guess right now would be Sirota-Kincaid, Brezeale-Arnott, and Duerr-Bruneki. Hopefully a couple of the new boys can turn out like Michel and Keeper and be under the radar but really good players.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                      Comment


                      • Unsurprisingly all the ot nonsense of the last few years has been a complete waste of time: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...of-ncaa-sports
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Unsurprisingly all the ot nonsense of the last few years has been a complete waste of time: https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...of-ncaa-sports
                          It should just be how Hockey East used to be. 5 mins of 5-on-5 (I could even accept 4-on-4, but 3-on-3 is a stupid gimmick), if someone scores they win and the other team loses, and if not then its a tie. No partial wins, no extra points, 2 for a win, 1 for a tie, and 0 for a loss.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                            My uneducated guess right now would be Sirota-Kincaid, Brezeale-Arnott, and Duerr-Bruneki. Hopefully a couple of the new boys can turn out like Michel and Keeper and be under the radar but really good players.
                            Pretty sure Holt is ranked on the NHL draft centeal scouting list, so I'd watch for him to be one of the regulars, probably ahead of Bruneski.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              It should just be how Hockey East used to be. 5 mins of 5-on-5 (I could even accept 4-on-4, but 3-on-3 is a stupid gimmick), if someone scores they win and the other team loses, and if not then its a tie. No partial wins, no extra points, 2 for a win, 1 for a tie, and 0 for a loss.
                              Agree, there's nothing broke, so nothing needs to be "fixed". Ties are OK, too. None of it is fatal.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

                                Pretty sure Holt is ranked on the NHL draft centeal scouting list, so I'd watch for him to be one of the regulars, probably ahead of Bruneski.
                                I think you have Holt and Hopkins mixed up. It will be very interesting to see who fits where.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X