No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the portal spreadsheet attached to this thread, looks like Dawe to UCONN. Good luck to him.

Comment

• For anyone that watched the Beanpot this year. That goalie that made like 500 saves for NU has hit the transfer portal. He would look good in Blue!

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...semptimphelter

Comment

• Josh Nadeau was named team MVP and Bradley Nadeau was named team Rookie of the Year for the Penticton Vees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
          For anyone that watched the Beanpot this year. That goalie that made like 500 saves for NU has hit the transfer portal. He would look good in Blue!

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...semptimphelter
          Definitely!

Comment

• Justin Michaelian, Sr., Ferris State → Maine

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
              22-27-49 in 99 GP in college. Only 47 PIM. 6'0, 191 lbs. 23 of those points were this past year, and he wore an A for Ferris. Could be a good depth piece, have never seen him play but based on what I can tell I like it.

Comment

• the portal is not the answer

Comment

Looked at the spreadsheet again and noticed his brother, Brendon Michaelian, is also in the transfer portal out of Ferris, he's a defenseman. You inevitably have to wonder if they are a package deal together or not, maybe they'll both head up here for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckstopper467 View Post
                    the portal is not the answer
                    The answer? Maybe not but a coach would be stupid to not look and see who is out there. Certainly could help if you can get the right guys
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

The answer? Maybe not but a coach would be stupid to not look and see who is out there. Certainly could help if you can get the right guys
                      Agree completely. Barr has continuously said it's not "the answer" but it certainly is a part of the answer at least in short term.

Comment

• Another name I'd watch for to be connected to Maine from the portal is Alaska forward Didrik Henbrandt. Just a hunch of mine.

Comment

Agree completely. Barr has continuously said it's not "the answer" but it certainly is a part of the answer at least in short term.
                          It would be foolish not to look at the portal. For a school like Maine, it certainly isn’t the answer right now but it doesn’t hurt to bring in a scorer like Michaelian. Has that been confirmed yet or is that speculation? I haven’t seen it on the sheet or through Twitter.

He would be a good addition, led Ferris in scoring last season. Would likely see ice time in all situations and this is his last year of eligibility. Proven guys like him, Hebert and Sirota could be invaluable in helping the large freshman class get acclimated to college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

It would be foolish not to look at the portal. For a school like Maine, it certainly isn’t the answer right now but it doesn’t hurt to bring in a scorer like Michaelian. Has that been confirmed yet or is that speculation? I haven’t seen it on the sheet or through Twitter.

He would be a good addition, led Ferris in scoring last season. Would likely see ice time in all situations and this is his last year of eligibility. Proven guys like him, Hebert and Sirota could be invaluable in helping the large freshman class get acclimated to college hockey.
                            Mike McMahon put it out on an report last night. He is a Merrimack beat writer and writes for College Hockey Insider

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Also with so much roster turnover this year, bringing in some experienced players from elsewhere could help balance out the numbers in each class. Don't want to go the mid-'00's Lowell route with one huge class.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post

Also with so much roster turnover this year, bringing in some experienced players from elsewhere could help balance out the numbers in each class. Don't want to go the mid-'00's Lowell route with one huge class.
                                Agree 100% with this. I wouldn’t have huge expectations on the kids we bring in from the portal but balancing out the classes is very important.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X