Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tango View Post
    https://bangordailynews.com/2022/03/...-to-win-games/

    According to Larry, Drobot is also gone but Sirota and Hebert will return for 5th seasons.

    He also seems to have no idea that Nadeau, Chabrier, and Hopkins are coming in this fall and also appears to think Theisson is coming back so who the hell actually knows!
    "Others with eligibility who won’t return include goalie Matt Thiessen;"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tango View Post
      https://bangordailynews.com/2022/03/...-to-win-games/

      According to Larry, Drobot is also gone but Sirota and Hebert will return for 5th seasons.

      He also seems to have no idea that Nadeau, Chabrier, and Hopkins are coming in this fall and also appears to think Theisson is coming back so who the hell actually knows!
      I like the roster of who is returning. Glad to hear Sirota is back.

      per article
      "Barr said in addition to bringing in a goalie, he is also looking to add at least three or four more forwards and maybe another defenseman.". In addition to the incoming recruits.

      "Others with eligibility who won’t return include goalie Matt Thiessen; defensemen Simon Butala, Adrien Bisson and Tim Gould; and forwards Adam Dawe, Edward Lindelow, A.J. Drobot, Tristan Poissant, Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup and John Mulera"
      Last edited by NorthMike; 03-23-2022, 07:26 AM.

      Comment


      • I know that all 3 are unproven at this point.....but has there ever been a period at Maine where 3 young and engaging coaches have been hired within 1 year of each other?.....Barr, Stevens and Markwood. The next few years could be very interesting for Maine's major sports.

        Comment


        • Sirota returning is a pleasant surprise. Maybe I’m being too optimistic but having the first line (Houle-Breen-Poisson) and the top D pairing return is encouraging.

          Despite the loss to Merrimack, that top line was very effective in the final game as well as others during the year. The problems occurred when we rolled out the third and fourth lines. Hopefully that improves this year with a deeper team and more competition.

          The biggest question in my eyes is between the pipes. I’d like to see Barr grab a solid goalie from the transfer portal to challenge Ostman for the 1A spot.

          All things considered it’d be nice to have at least one playoff game at the Alfond next year.

          Comment


          • All good news in that article, no mention of Hopkins or Nadeau, I’m wondering if the news of Sirota and Hebert coming back has pushed them out a year? Might be a little disappointing if true but they’ll just be more ready come next season.

            Sirota coming back is massive, this team might be better than we originally thought. Cleaning house is a good thing, it will give these young guys an opportunity to play right away.

            I honestly don’t get the Fortier hate on here, we haven’t even given him, Alfie and Barr a chance to bring in a recruiting class yet. From what we have committed, they look like they’ve done a great job with what was available.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
              All good news in that article, no mention of Hopkins or Nadeau, I’m wondering if the news of Sirota and Hebert coming back has pushed them out a year? Might be a little disappointing if true but they’ll just be more ready come next season.
              It sounds like Barr wants guys coming in mature, as all the new guys next year will be about 20. We aren't going to get the 18 year old top ten draft picks that Michigan and BC and Minnesota can, so it makes sense to want guys to play a couple years of juniors.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AMC View Post

                It sounds like Barr wants guys coming in mature, as all the new guys next year will be about 20. We aren't going to get the 18 year old top ten draft picks that Michigan and BC and Minnesota can, so it makes sense to want guys to play a couple years of juniors.
                Yeah I’m okay with it, especially given the fact that Sirota and Hebert are returning. Nadeau and Hopkins will be ready when they get here, and hopefully we see 4 seasons of them.

                I'm cautiously optimistic. We return the top 6 scorers, granted it wasn’t a ton of scoring but it’s something. Also Ostman, Renwick and Duerr will be back. The defense should be really solid. If they can get themselves to the 3 goals per game threshold, they should be close to .500.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AMC View Post

                  . We aren't going to get the 18 year old top ten draft picks that Michigan and BC and Minnesota can, .
                  Brezeale and Travigno types.

                  Comment


                  • I hope Hopkins and Nadeau aren’t thinking about going elsewhere. It’s odd they were announced a couple months ago and now nothing. I also noticed Parker Lindauer wasn’t one of the names mentioned. Maybe Maine has cut ties with him?

                    I also noticed Poissant is not coming back. I thought he had some decent tools and wouldn’t have minded him sticking around. Next year is probably going to be pretty ugly when you consider the schedule will likely be tougher than it was this year.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I hope Hopkins and Nadeau aren’t thinking about going elsewhere. It’s odd they were announced a couple months ago and now nothing. I also noticed Parker Lindauer wasn’t one of the names mentioned. Maybe Maine has cut ties with him?

                      I also noticed Poissant is not coming back. I thought he had some decent tools and wouldn’t have minded him sticking around. Next year is probably going to be pretty ugly when you consider the schedule will likely be tougher than it was this year.
                      That’s always a risk with holding guys back and we saw it burn Red quite a few times. For one, I don’t think we should rely too much on Larry’s article, there could have been omissions just because he forgot to add them. The schedule is what it is, the schedule was middle of the road this year and will likely be the same next year. Denver and Penn state?, Union, quinnipiac?. Those would be my guesses.

                      More than likely Barr wants them to mature. Hopkins isn’t even 18 for another month and he’s in his first junior season. He’s had a great season and will likely be drafted but I think Barr will probably wait till he sees what’s available through transfers etc. Nadeau won’t be 19 till late October so he’s probably another guy who Barr is waiting on. Personally, I’d like to see Nadeau come this year and Hopkins fill Sirota’s spot next year.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I hope Hopkins and Nadeau aren’t thinking about going elsewhere. It’s odd they were announced a couple months ago and now nothing. I also noticed Parker Lindauer wasn’t one of the names mentioned. Maybe Maine has cut ties with him?
                        Lindauer had a Maine logo beside his name on USHL Muskegon's Sat., 03/19 line chart.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                          All good news in that article, no mention of Hopkins or Nadeau, I’m wondering if the news of Sirota and Hebert coming back has pushed them out a year? Might be a little disappointing if true but they’ll just be more ready come next season.

                          Sirota coming back is massive, this team might be better than we originally thought. Cleaning house is a good thing, it will give these young guys an opportunity to play right away.

                          I honestly don’t get the Fortier hate on here, we haven’t even given him, Alfie and Barr a chance to bring in a recruiting class yet. From what we have committed, they look like they’ve done a great job with what was available.
                          https://twitter.com/MaineIceHockey/s...8Nq_adnnQ&s=19

                          This makes me think he'll still be here this fall and the article just omitted him for whatever reason.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

                            https://twitter.com/MaineIceHockey/s...8Nq_adnnQ&s=19

                            This makes me think he'll still be here this fall and the article just omitted him for whatever reason.
                            Correct.

                            Comment


                            • Kyle McClellan is in the transfer portal. Should he be on Maine’s roster next year??? Could he take them over 500???

                              https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...kyle-mcclellan


                              Last edited by Tango; 03-23-2022, 07:35 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Guys....please don't depend on Larry Mahoney for current, correct or up-to-date information. That is a fools errand.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X