X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by AMC View Post
    At some point "Our area is so undesirable you can live here for peanuts!" will stop being a selling point for Bangor/Orono, right?

If I am moving somewhere to live, and I am buying a home, I'd sure like my home to potentially increase in value.
    If you are planning to move somewhere to live, with the idea it is a long-term commitment to the area that could become a lifelong commitment, who gives a rat's *** what the home's resale value might be? But yes, I do get your point. Having flexibility on the financial side of things always makes life impacting decisions a lot easier. And coaching careers do trend to being highly transitory. Barr's career over the last decade is Exhibit A on why flexibility could be an asset.

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    There's more to the equation than salary. He just relocated his family from that general area and bought a house here. Yes, Providence can double his salary and spend more on resources, but his cost of living would also increase dramatically. The Providence housing market is "highly competitive" with prices up 20% in the last year and real estate has more than doubled in five. He'd be moving his family to a third location in two years and at the (probable) height of the housing bubble.
    At some point "Our area is so undesirable you can live here for peanuts!" will stop being a selling point for Bangor/Orono, right?

If I am moving somewhere to live, and I am buying a home, I'd sure like my home to potentially increase in value.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied
    Congratulations to Andre Miller of Old Town !! The New York Football Giants sign him to a free agent contract. Great story on how he persevered to play at Maine and became so successful.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Uhh Amy Vachon has a WAYS to go before she’s anywhere near a conversation with Joanne McCallie for best Maine basketball coach ever
    I know, but I believe in her. I think if she wants it she will make it happen. The only things stopping her are if she decides to move on at the end of this contract and the ability/willingness of the university to devote resources to the program. That is what cost the university with Joanne. I sincerely hope the school will not make the same mistake again.

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied
    Uhh Amy Vachon has a WAYS to go before she’s anywhere near a conversation with Joanne McCallie for best Maine basketball coach ever

Leave a comment:

Working...
X