Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew S.
    replied
    Ryan Hopkins up to 101 in the final NHL central scouting rankings.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

I'm pretty sure housing prices are up in Orono also
    Saw something the other day bangor area is one of the hottest real estate markets in maine right now, and maine is over all comparatively very hot right now. Cant even find a house in portland they say. Even Millinocket houses are selling.

Since pandemic lots and lots of folks from eastern us moving in state.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by AMC View Post

At some point "Our area is so undesirable you can live here for peanuts!" will stop being a selling point for Bangor/Orono, right?

If I am moving somewhere to live, and I am buying a home, I'd sure like my home to potentially increase in value.
    I'm pretty sure housing prices are up in Orono also

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by AMC View Post
    At some point "Our area is so undesirable you can live here for peanuts!" will stop being a selling point for Bangor/Orono, right?

If I am moving somewhere to live, and I am buying a home, I'd sure like my home to potentially increase in value.
    If you are planning to move somewhere to live, with the idea it is a long-term commitment to the area that could become a lifelong commitment, who gives a rat's *** what the home's resale value might be? But yes, I do get your point. Having flexibility on the financial side of things always makes life impacting decisions a lot easier. And coaching careers do trend to being highly transitory. Barr's career over the last decade is Exhibit A on why flexibility could be an asset.

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    There's more to the equation than salary. He just relocated his family from that general area and bought a house here. Yes, Providence can double his salary and spend more on resources, but his cost of living would also increase dramatically. The Providence housing market is "highly competitive" with prices up 20% in the last year and real estate has more than doubled in five. He'd be moving his family to a third location in two years and at the (probable) height of the housing bubble.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X