No announcement yet.

The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the people that keep making “Maine needs a rebuild” post.

There are 16 players committed for next year! 12 have signed NLI’s with still 7 months before next season. There’s a half dozen decent to good players coming back to compliment them. You are LITERALLY getting a new team next year! Google your new coach and you will find 15 articles/podcast about how great he is.

It’s happening! Give it a couple of years and CHILL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

From what I saw last night Maine played hard and they have a 2-0 lead today. The second half of the season has been very encouraging.
      Your top line players taking majors isn't a good look. Maine just lost in OT. Oh well, looked better than last night
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
        To the people that keep making “Maine needs a rebuild” post.

There are 16 players committed for next year! 12 have signed NLI’s with still 7 months before next season. There’s a half dozen decent to good players coming back to compliment them. You are LITERALLY getting a new team next year! Google your new coach and you will find 15 articles/podcast about how great he is.

It’s happening! Give it a couple of years and CHILL!
        This!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post

This!
          I agree with you both.

I won't ignore this defunct program until I see what the overhaul involves.

Should look like an entirely different team, one way or the other.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-26-2022, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

We should have done a rebuild 3 or 4 years ago at the latest, but that prior AD wasnt capable of it or had enough cahoonas to do it.
            I wouldn't blame the AD 3 or 4 years back. Or maybe I would. I forget who pulled the strings then.

Red was awful. And his extension was a moronic move by whomever. Made my head spin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I wouldn't blame the AD 3 or 4 years back. Or maybe I would. I forget who pulled the strings then.

Red was awful. And his extension was a moronic move by whomever. Made my head spin.
              Creech

Comment

• Brett Berard is a skilled player! Two goals with the last one being the game winner. Maine could face Providence again in the first playoff round. Unlike last night I think Leaman will have them ready to play. With only one game it's possible Maine could get a win. They need to play physical again without the penalties.

Comment

• I went to the game yesterday and was pleased with how Maine played. For anyone who hasn't been to Schneider post renovation, it’s a really great place to catch a game. I know SOG got a little lopsided in the end, it didn’t feel like Maine was getting dominated. Quality chances were probably closer than the SOG indicated. Considering Maine was without Sirota, Duerr, Houle and Bisson for the last two periods, getting a point was a good result. Hats off to Lindelow who played defense the last two periods and actually played quite well.

Breen is the real deal, he is going to have a monster year next year and Maine is going to need him to if they’re going to improve. He’s slippery with the puck and never takes the big hits that Dawe takes even though they’re about the same size.

For all the talk about Maine going .500 next season, I think it’s a definitely a possibility but shouldn’t be the expectation. With so many new faces, it’s probably going to be a struggle starting bout. I expect the second half next year is when things will start to come together and Year 3 we should expect this team to be .500 or better.

Comment

• Maine Hockey's twitter account just clarified who is leaving after this season:

Butala
                    Dawe
                    Hebert
                    Lindelow
                    Quinlivan
                    Schmidt-Svejstrup
                    Sirota
                    Spicer
                    Suthers

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      Maine Hockey's twitter account just clarified who is leaving after this season:

Butala
                      Dawe
                      Hebert
                      Lindelow
                      Quinlivan
                      Schmidt-Svejstrup
                      Sirota
                      Spicer
                      Suthers
                      I believe these are just the seniors and grad students on the team, we dont know if any juniors or younger will transfer out, quit, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I believe these are just the seniors and grad students on the team, we dont know if any juniors or younger will transfer out, quit, etc.
                        I'm not worried, but good luck to all of them.

Guess we'll see if this huge incoming class has potential.

I am optimistic about that, but it'll take another year or two, most likely.

Comment

• Anyone pay attention to high school hockey? What the heck happened to St. Dom’s? 1-18 this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            Anyone pay attention to high school hockey? What the heck happened to St. Dom’s? 1-18 this year?
                            Stranger to me is what has happened to Yarmouth and Cheverus? I can’t believe they would have to have a co-op team. I don’t follow it closely at all but seems like Maine HS hockey has fallen way off from where it was in the 90’s.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Stranger to me is what has happened to Yarmouth and Cheverus? I can’t believe they would have to have a co-op team. I don’t follow it closely at all but seems like Maine HS hockey has fallen way off from where it was in the 90’s.
                              Definitely seems to be the case. Too much time, travel and money involved. Demographics don't support any growth either. Also high school basketball seems to be on the upswing in Maine as well....probably not related but still should be noted.

Comment

Theres no kids. Youth hockey numbers have declined steady since early 2000. When my kids played there were youth teams, house and travel, represented by Black Bears (orono), Bangor, and brewer. Orono and bangor had two sets of house team for each age group, mite, squirt, peewee, bantam. Now its just a combined bangor group and brewer still has a group. Not sure if they even have travel vs house anymore.

Heck back in the day Millinocket and Dover had HS teams that played on outdoor ice. Long gone now.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 03-04-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X