The Barr Has Been Raised at UMaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

So according to Emil Westerlund's posting on the University of Maine Fans Facebook page.....he is not leaving because of a knee injury but rather because he refused to get a COVID booster. He then goes on to say that he IS vaxxed but did not get the booster because he didn't want to put that in his body....even though he already received 2 vaccinations (I'm assuming). Weird.
    Hmmm. I suppose the truth is in the middle there somewhere. He did have off season surgery and maybe wanted to voice some personal beliefs in the middle of things to muddy the waters.

Comment

• Looks like Maine picked up another commitment today - Thomas Freel from Ottawaa in the CCHL. 44 points in 32 games this season. 20 years old so I'd assume he will be part of next years class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackcurtis23 View Post
        Looks like Maine picked up another commitment today - Thomas Freel from Ottawaa in the CCHL. 44 points in 32 games this season. 20 years old so I'd assume he will be part of next years class.
        Do you think Ben read my post yesterday? This is a good pickup and the kind of kid Maine needs to get if they want to be successful. I don’t ever see Maine getting a ton of the blue chip kids who commit early.

Did Maine have another Scottish kid a few years ago? ; )
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Do you think Ben read my post yesterday?
          Yeah, pretty sure coach hangs on your every word.

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Richard Barron is gone.....

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/02/...ketball-coach/

Comment

• And another.....

https://***********/a_calafiore77/st...46771417894918

Comment

Looks like another solid add, but I'd guess he's a year away, maybe two. I'd like to see him play in the USHL before coming to college.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Looks like another solid add, but I'd guess he's a year away, maybe two. I'd like to see him play in the USHL before coming to college.
                  Couple nice pickups, Freel probably comes in this year and Calafiore probably the following year. I don’t think these guys are necessarily project players but they’re guys that will be expected to be key contributors down the line rather than when they first come in. Either way, nice pickups, both guys have put up some points even if they’re not playing in a top league. I agree that Calafiore should try to play in the USHL or even BCHL prior to coming in.

It feels like the average recruit Maine is landing is improving and they’re really starting to pile up.

Comment

That sucks, really thought he could fix the program after fixing the women. Amy’s doing an amazing job there, but if he never got sick…… really feel bad for the guy

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Couple nice pickups, Freel probably comes in this year and Calafiore probably the following year. I don’t think these guys are necessarily project players but they’re guys that will be expected to be key contributors down the line rather than when they first come in. Either way, nice pickups, both guys have put up some points even if they’re not playing in a top league. I agree that Calafiore should try to play in the USHL or even BCHL prior to coming in.

It feels like the average recruit Maine is landing is improving and they’re really starting to pile up.
                      Given the timing I suspect both are coming this fall. I think Ben is going to bring a lot of kids in and some will work out and some won’t. There are a lot more kids committed than spots available.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

That sucks, really thought he could fix the program after fixing the women. Amy’s doing an amazing job there, but if he never got sick…… really feel bad for the guy
                        It's not a coaching problem. Just add Barron to a long list of unsuccessful coaches. It's an institutional problem. Maine has never won a conference title and never made it to the NCAA tournament. Why would any talented player ever come to Maine with it's past history and lack of facilities? Perhaps the new basketball building will change that, but that's a few years away.

Comment

So according to Emil Westerlund's posting on the University of Maine Fans Facebook page.....he is not leaving because of a knee injury but rather because he refused to get a COVID booster. He then goes on to say that he IS vaxxed but did not get the booster because he didn't want to put that in his body....even though he already received 2 vaccinations (I'm assuming). Weird.
                          He received two vaccinations and then got infected with Covid. His reasoning was that with the vaccine and the additional antibodies of having Covid he was well protected and did not need the booster. There may have been other issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Yeah, he did a good job rebuilding the womens program following the Cindy years.

Comment

• ***, maine up 4 0 on unh in first. Uhn looks slow
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Maine doing a great job of chasing the puck, got unh on heals.
                                NIce goal by dawe

Comment

Working...
                                X