UMASS-NEWMASS Offseason/Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post

What’s your point? None of the seven of them were as good as Lindberg last season.
    What is my point? That Lindberg is a great goalie but he was never going to be a Richter contender because he simply didn't play enough.

Comment

Don't worry though, Trivigno won the Walter Brown Award and shouldn't have.

Comment

I disagree, especially in a covid year. Turns out the people who make nominations disagree too, considering how Lindberg played more than at least three on the watchlist who were nominated, and that’s just in Hockey East. I guess 600 minutes at UML or BU is more impressive than 900 minutes at UMass?
        #NewMass

Comment

I don't give a rat's *** about the watch list. Don't even know how that is compiled. Just giving the logical reasoning as to why Lindberg wasn't a serious Richter candidate. That doesn't even mean he's not a better goalie than some of the guys who made the top 10 etc

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

7 goalies in Hockey East alone played more minutes than Lindberg last year. It's really not that difficult to understand.
            Then again, Lindberg was #1 in the Big East in GAA, Save % and Win %, and was injured for part of the season. In the NCAAs, he was 3-0 with two shutouts.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/.../oagoalies.php

Comment

Yes, he is a very good goaltender. That isn't up for debate.

Comment

I don't give a rat's *** about the watch list. Don't even know how that is compiled. Just giving the logical reasoning as to why Lindberg wasn't a serious Richter candidate. That doesn't even mean he's not a better goalie than some of the guys who made the top 10 etc
                Ah. Well, if you knew about the watchlist and how it is compiled, the due date for submitting nominees to the watch list, and the fact you need to be on the watchlist to be eligible for the award, perhaps you’d agree with me that the process is stupid and cost Lindberg. Because Lindberg was hurt early he wasn’t on the watchlist. Because he wasn’t on the watch list he wasn’t eligible. The process is stupid and it cost him. I think he should have won the award. There’s no way in hell he wasn’t a top 10 goalie in the country last season.
                #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                  Ah. Well, if you knew about the watchlist and how it is compiled, the due date for submitting nominees to the watch list, and the fact you need to be on the watchlist to be eligible for the award, perhaps you’d agree with me that the process is stupid and cost Lindberg. Because Lindberg was hurt early he wasn’t on the watchlist. Because he wasn’t on the watch list he wasn’t eligible. The process is stupid and it cost him. I think he should have won the award. There’s no way in hell he wasn’t a top 10 goalie in the country last season.
                  You guys just won a National Championship ... yet you're fixated on an individual award?

There's a lot of programs who would gladly bear this cross for you, mon ami ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Then he wasn't on the watchlist because he didn't play enough. There's no conspiracy here or even negligence. It's rather simple. And if you really want to play this game, have Trivigno give back the Walter Brown to a deserving candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

You guys just won a National Championship ... yet you're fixated on an individual award?

There's a lot of programs who would gladly bear this cross for you, mon ami ...
                      The conversation is about Lindberg turning pro. It’s pertinent to mention he was the best goalie last year in College Hockey.

Then he wasn't on the watchlist because he didn't play enough. There's no conspiracy here or even negligence. It's rather simple. And if you really want to play this game, have Trivigno give back the Walter Brown to a deserving candidate.
                      I never said there was a conspiracy. To quote my original post on the topic “The nomination process for the Richter Award is stupid and may have cost him the award.” That’s my point. The nomination process is stupid and may have cost him the award.

I also never said anything about the Walter Brown Award or Trivigno in this context. That’s a red herring.
                      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by kahunak View Post
                        Carvel's contract extended with a rolling five-year contract-sounds like it is a big step up compensation-wise. He seems happy in Amherst and will be at UMASS for a long time. The future looks promising at UMASS!

https://umassathletics.com/news/2021...4c8aThgbP_mYDE
                        More good news for the UMASS faithful-looks like Coach Carvel intends to stay for the long run.

Greg Carvel @CoachCarvelUM
                        I’m fifty years old. Have never lived in the same place for more than seven years since the day I left my parents home at the age of seventeen. I think it is safe for me to start using the word “home” again.

Comment

No matter how bad UMass is in football and hoops, they should build a statue of Ryan Bamford for going from Micheletto to Carvel and then being able to keep him.

Comment

Another Makar coming to UMASS! Good luck to Taylor.

https://umassathletics.com/news/2021...imLo3TgWb4xA_U

Comment

Next year's schedule is out- really like the non-conference games- AIC, Minn. State, Michigan, Union, and LIU.

https://umassathletics.com/news/2021...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X