Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25+years
    replied
    Sorry....I realize he is a great recruiter, but that will take time and you have to be able to sell your program to the recruits. So Vermont is in a very similar boat as RPI. Perhaps he knows something the rest of us do not. As to Smith’s future, it wouldn’t make sense for RPI to fire a guy who essentially was showing success and had the rug pulled out from underneath him. Unless , of course, RPI has a better coach waiting in the wings for the opportunity of a lifetime. Maybe David Quinn called Shirley to see if there were any openings?

Leave a comment:

• 25+years
    replied
    Interesting Moser is looking at Vermont, a school that has not fared well the last 3-4 years. Barr has a lot of work cut out for him. I unde

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 16 May 2021. There are 139 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Interesting that he says only two freshmen coming in. I thought the class would be Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald and Watson. Sounds like two of those are delayed. Watson needs to come, so only one of the trio of Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald is enrolling
    My guess is Ciccarello is coming.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Coach Smith helped coach women's softball. https://www.troyrecord.com/sports/sa..._medium=social
    Interesting that he says only two freshmen coming in. I thought the class would be Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald and Watson. Sounds like two of those are delayed. Watson needs to come, so only one of the trio of Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald is enrolling

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Coach Smith helped coach women's softball. https://www.troyrecord.com/sports/sa..._medium=social

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Or by going to NJ first. :-)
    Why would anyone want to do that? I live here and I do not want to do that. Driving in this state is like entering a combination of the Indianapolis 500 and the bumper car ride they used to have at Steeplechase park near Coney Island.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

LIU's main campus is in Brooklyn, but the hockey program runs out of the LIU-Post campus (the old CW Post University) in Nassau County and games are planned for the Islanders practice facility in Eisenhower Park.
    Last I heard, Nassau County was not in a borough. :-D

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied

Interesting that they describe going to LIU as "with a return trip to the borough the next night". When I lived in NYC, there were 5 boroughs, and I don't think that anyone would have described a trip there in that manner. I suspect it is Brooklyn, but ... :-)
    LIU's main campus is in Brooklyn, but the hockey program runs out of the LIU-Post campus (the old CW Post University) in Nassau County and games are planned for the Islanders practice facility in Eisenhower Park.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 15 May 2021. There are 140 days (20 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

And one was called Staten Island and could only be reached by a ferry ride.
    Or by going to NJ first. :-)

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Interesting that they describe going to LIU as "with a return trip to the borough the next night". When I lived in NYC, there were 5 boroughs, and I don't think that anyone would have described a trip there in that manner. I suspect it is Brooklyn, but ... :-)
    And one was called Staten Island and could only be reached by a ferry ride.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    schedule https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/5...ns-hockey.aspx

Edit: tweet https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...23018181169153
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-14-2021, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
    Moser is the favorite to land the assistant coach job at UVM. Not a great look for RPI hockey.

Can't blame a guy to look for a different position given the fact that he has a young family, was forced to take unemployment (while SAJ collected her $$$ minus 5%), comes back on payroll and forced to administer C-19 tests 5 days a week, for months on end just collect a pay check, no interaction with his players/staff in relation to hockey, and that his boss, DS, is entering the last year of his contract and as of now, no extension.

Curious as to why no extension has been given, or if it has, why it has not been made public?? Is there more to the story behind the scenes? Certainly DS was not he popular choice when was hired, but given a good run to end the '19-20 season, things certainly seemed headed in right direction. Then pandemic hits and the administration elected to neglect a lot of people, provide little to no communication for well over a year, keep facilities closed etc. resulting in less than desirable results for all RPI student athletes.

Savory, Ashbrook, Ferner, Babichuk, Jerry, Digrande, Lee, Calvaruso.... all chose to enter the portal , what I would assume was based on what they were seeing, hearing, sensing etc. with regards to the RPI hockey program. Some very good talent/leaders in that group. Imagine if things were "normal" and these players elected to stay, future would be even more exciting........and I truly think some if not all, would have stayed if they were given to practice/skate/ access facilities etc. during pandemic......These players were all DS's recruits (Jerry was courted by DS at Canisius).......Now top assistant coach, whom DS brought in after he got rid of Dan Jewell, looking to get out.........is this "point the finger at the administration" or is something going on within the walls of the hockey program causing doubt or is a combination of both??
    Babichuk was originally at Appert recruit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X