Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 8 June 2021. There are 116 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Our defense will be good at limiting chances, but it doesn't mean anything if we don't get good goaltending. Marshall has always had the talent, but his problem has always been consistency. He needs to be dialed in more often. Watson is a good goaltender, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready to be a #1 right away. He has the potential to be that in the future though. I don't really expect much from Miller.

The forward group lacks experience but has talent. Once the young players get comfortable and the team gels, they'll be scoring enough. I think it will take time though. I expect a similar year to 19-20 with a slow start but a strong finish.

Luckily for us, there are 7 other teams in the conference that will be having that same problem.
    My concern about Watson is that he may be injury prone. He missed the entire season in 2020-21, and IIRC the previous season he missed a long stretch at the start.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Our defense will be good at limiting chances, but it doesn't mean anything if we don't get good goaltending. Marshall has always had the talent, but his problem has always been consistency. He needs to be dialed in more often. Watson is a good goaltender, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready to be a #1 right away. He has the potential to be that in the future though. I don't really expect much from Miller.

The forward group lacks experience but has talent. Once the young players get comfortable and the team gels, they'll be scoring enough. I think it will take time though. I expect a similar year to 19-20 with a slow start but a strong finish.

Luckily for us, there are 7 other teams in the conference that will be having that same problem.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    I love when you bring me back to my childhood. Harvey and Johnson made Vezina winners out of Plante and Worsley. I don't think our defense will be able to match that.
    Thanks for the memories.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I am sure that the coach will get the best out of this group. I just don't know the talent level of the incoming players.
    I hope that you are right.
    i get most from reading what Ralph posts and his links to other sites. But I have been following though not commenting. Being stuck indoors for 18 months gave me little else to do. i am not happy with some of what we lost for sure but I expect we can make up for most of it. My only question is the level of goal tending we see and if the defense is as good as it might be, even that may not be as important as it usually is. Sure you need a goal tender to make that stop every so often but if your defense can be that effective, there are far less of them to make. I can remember the Montreal Canadiens of the 1950's and even 1960's and with their defense I think I could have taken a shot at goalie. Of course so much depends upon the chemistry that can be found and what the opponents are bringing in against us.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

At least middle of the pack for sure. If we get above average goal tending, could be considerably higher and a real threat. There is talent on this team as there was before the shut down. i am one who believes this coach will get the best out of this group.
    I am sure that the coach will get the best out of this group. I just don't know the talent level of the incoming players.
    I hope that you are right.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 7 June 2021. There are 117 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 6 June 2021. There are 118 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Its great to finally get some real hockey news on this board.
    A lot of question marks going into the season, but I believe that will be the same for most of the teams this year.
    Defense looks pretty good going in. Marshall is ok, but I don't know anything about the other goalies.
    The forwards are going to need a lot of help.
    I wish I felt better about this team chances, but at best, I see the middle of the pack.
    Hopefully coach Smith can do for this team what he did for the last RPI team.
    Lets go Red!!!
    At least middle of the pack for sure. If we get above average goal tending, could be considerably higher and a real threat. There is talent on this team as there was before the shut down. i am one who believes this coach will get the best out of this group.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Its great to finally get some real hockey news on this board.
    A lot of question marks going into the season, but I believe that will be the same for most of the teams this year.
    Defense looks pretty good going in. Marshall is ok, but I don't know anything about the other goalies.
    The forwards are going to need a lot of help.
    I wish I felt better about this team chances, but at best, I see the middle of the pack.
    Hopefully coach Smith can do for this team what he did for the last RPI team.
    Lets go Red!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 5 June 2021. There are 119 days (17 weeks) until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I am not convinced that all of the transfers will play regularly.
    Baxter and Walsh definitely will. I have Agnew and Lee at the bottom of the lineup, so I agree with you

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Some way too early line predictions because I'm bored.

Sellar - Dubinsky - Lacka
    Leppanen - Linden - Gagnon
    Schreifels - Beaton - Walsh
    Brackett - Herrman - Lee
    Scratched: Nykanen, McIsaac, Mahshie, Bowman, Leibold

Kjellberg - Hallbauer
    Baxter - Sertti
    Johnson - Klee
    Agnew
    Scratched: Helsen, Davies

Marshall
    Watson
    Miller
    I am not convinced that all of the transfers will play regularly.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Some way too early line predictions because I'm bored.

Sellar - Dubinsky - Lacka
    Leppanen - Linden - Gagnon
    Schreifels - Beaton - Walsh
    Brackett - Herrman - Lee
    Scratched: Nykanen, McIsaac, Mahshie, Bowman, Leibold

Kjellberg - Hallbauer
    Baxter - Sertti
    Johnson - Klee
    Agnew
    Scratched: Helsen, Davies

Marshall
    Watson
    Miller

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

His UG degree is in Finance/Accounting so I can't imagine that grades are an issue...
    I assume you mean that he can fake anything. :-D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X