X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Good luck to UVM except when they play RPI. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that UVM's future wasn't bright. I was just asking how the earlier poster came to that conclusion. I take it that you had not heard that Moser got the job.
    Nothing's come out here, no, this is the first I'm hearing of it

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

Not really sure I can compare futures - just because I'm not super familiar with RPI. But from the UVM side...

We knew we weren't going to be good last season. It was the ultimate punt season - brand new coach (and only one holdover on the staff, who just left for Switzerland, creating the vacancy that you guys seem to think Moser is filling) with a roster full of players that weren't his, a team that was already bad, the wonkiness of COVIDworld making it tough to really find chemistry/consistency. Throw in a delayed start to the season compared to even other HE teams and missing a month midseason and yeah, I'm not holding this against Woody.

It's more of a long-term view, short term there are going to be lumps as Woodcroft looks to restock the recruiting cabinet (most of the Sneddon commits are either de-committed or were here and are transferring out). It's probably going to be rough this year too. But total rebuilds like what UVM's badly needed rarely start off pleasant.
    Good luck to UVM except when they play RPI. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that UVM's future wasn't bright. I was just asking how the earlier poster came to that conclusion. I take it that you had not heard that Moser got the job.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 12 June 2021. There are 112 days (16 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Why does UVM have a brighter future than RPI? No doubt they are getting more support than we are, but they didn't do well last year.
    Not really sure I can compare futures - just because I'm not super familiar with RPI. But from the UVM side...

We knew we weren't going to be good last season. It was the ultimate punt season - brand new coach (and only one holdover on the staff, who just left for Switzerland, creating the vacancy that you guys seem to think Moser is filling) with a roster full of players that weren't his, a team that was already bad, the wonkiness of COVIDworld making it tough to really find chemistry/consistency. Throw in a delayed start to the season compared to even other HE teams and missing a month midseason and yeah, I'm not holding this against Woody.

It's more of a long-term view, short term there are going to be lumps as Woodcroft looks to restock the recruiting cabinet (most of the Sneddon commits are either de-committed or were here and are transferring out). It's probably going to be rough this year too. But total rebuilds like what UVM's badly needed rarely start off pleasant.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    I don't think UVM is a step up from RPI in its future or as a program. I think the furlough probably just ****ed him off (as it should). Can't blame him for wanting to leave after that. I also would like to know where this was reported

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    North Dakota announcers 5 transfers https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/...er-portal.aspx including Brady Ferner. Interesting that he will be the first South Dakota native to play for North Dakota since 1947-50!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

This is a mess……top players, now top Asst gone.

Hockey East school with new staff, bright future and an administration that supports hockey. I’d say it’s step up or Moser wouldn’t have left.

Was he worried about job security with DS not having an extension yet??
    Why does UVM have a brighter future than RPI? No doubt they are getting more support than we are, but they didn't do well last year.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-11-2021, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NAFTA123
    replied
    Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
    Coach Moser to UVM in what seems like a lateral move.... Comments?
    This is a mess……top players, now top Asst gone.

Hockey East school with new staff, bright future and an administration that supports hockey. I’d say it’s step up or Moser wouldn’t have left.

Was he worried about job security with DS not having an extension yet??

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
    I assume that you have seen this announced somewhere. It was commented on here earlier when it came to light that he had applied for the job. It was blamed in large part to the furlough of assistant coaches last year and the fact that they had to do things like administer covid tests when they returned to work.

Leave a comment:

• TucsonMike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 11 June 2021. There are 113 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 10 June 2021. There are 114 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 9 June 2021. There are 115 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I love when you bring me back to my childhood. Harvey and Johnson made Vezina winners out of Plante and Worsley. I don't think our defense will be able to match that.
    Thanks for the memories.
    As a full time NY Ranger fan - I hated those Canadien teams. The defensive pairings were just too good. Shots on goal never told the story as you rarely saw their goalies tested more than once or twice per game. Doug Harvey just made it look so effortless. It has been obviously over a year since I have had the chance to see our defense but Kjellberg and Klee impressed me at times and although Savory was superb at times, he got considerable defensive help as the year went on and the defense started to develop a cohesion and the communication necessary. I would love to see Linden put it all together. I think he has had the talent but not the consistency. But goal tenders can be funny and just suddenly the switch can turn on and confidence is a very strange thing.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Anyone going to the golf outing on Monday?
    Did anyone go? Anything to report?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X