Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 17 July 2021. There are 77 days (11 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• tony/troy
    replied
    Originally posted by VGK View Post
    Not yet…. A few of her teammates have been refunded. One by check in the mail. One by credit on the fall tuition bill.
    Our daughters “case” was turned over to someone new in June so it’s like we just started over from square one.
    Sorry to hear that even though I suspected what the answer was before even asking. Not even a bit surprised.

Suspect owners of rental units within proximity of the campus are in for a banner year. Leases do not subject tenants to house confinement at the drop of a whim nor do they often allow property owners to engage in money grabs.

Only wish dad, who owned four studio unit available for rent just four blocks from the student union, was still with us. He made out pretty well from RPI students even though the demand probably did not overwhelm the supply back then. Sounds to me like there will probably be a far greater demand for the upcoming rodeo.

Much to my chagrin back then, dad probably could have done a whole lot better then he did. He never believed leases were worth the paper they were written on so he never required them. In addition, the units were woefully underpriced considering how nice they were and the area they were in nor did he charge the kids for June and July unless they actually stayed in Troy for the summer. The foreign kids he often had as tenants must have been walking around saying "what a country". Finally, his wife at that time was a maniacal cook at extremely high levels of quality and quantity of Italian food with the excess very often being distributed to the kids. Pretty sure that none of his tenants were athletes which was probably a good thing. No way any of them could of maintained their playing weight eating that stuff.

Despite my annoyance at dad's business practices, he must have known what he was doing. I do not recall his ever being stiffed by any RPI kid and I am almost positive none of them ever moved out to go live elsewhere nearby!!! They would of had to have been as crazy to do either as the administration appears to be now.

Leave a comment:

• VGK
    replied
    Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Nice to hear from you again after a prolonged absence lasting since about the time you drove here to rescue your daughter from living under the rule of Ms. Wiggins and Mr. Tugball.

None the less, have always been curious whether you were ever refunded any of the prepaid room and board fees or not.
    Not yet…. A few of her teammates have been refunded. One by check in the mail. One by credit on the fall tuition bill.
    Our daughters “case” was turned over to someone new in June so it’s like we just started over from square one.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 16 July 2021. There are 78 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• tony/troy
    replied
    Originally posted by VGK View Post
    This is interesting. The women’s team was planning and fundraising to do this prior to the 2020 season. And then everything stopped and we haven’t heard a thing about it since.
    We were hoping they would do it this summer. But apparently we’re not.
    Nice to hear from you again after a prolonged absence lasting since about the time you drove here to rescue your daughter from living under the rule of Ms. Wiggins and Mr. Tugball.

None the less, have always been curious whether you were ever refunded any of the prepaid room and board fees or not.

Leave a comment:

• VGK
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    This landed in ye olde in box today.... apparently I've been demoted from a supporter to some guy " who's been around....." Can't make it up ! HA
    I 'm tempted to offer some of my long rifles and rounds for some team-building target practice, but I'm sure SAJ would frown upon that !

As someone who has been around RPI Hockey I am reaching out to you today to share with you a team building activity we have planned for this August. We plan to take the team on a camping trip to Lake Placid, NY from August 16 -18.

This email is a request for camping supplies such as tents and other items our group of 35 could easily pack into our team bus.

We will be doing many things in Lake Placid such as community service and touring the arena where the ECAC championship is played.

Please email me by replying to this email if you have tents or other camping supplies that our program could borrow. We would return these as soon as we return.

The hockey season is coming fast

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
    Head Coach

This is interesting. The women’s team was planning and fundraising to do this prior to the 2020 season. And then everything stopped and we haven’t heard a thing about it since.
    We were hoping they would do it this summer. But apparently we’re not.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    I just noticed that RPI alum and occasional poster here Tyler Hinman won the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament in April. It was conducted virtually this year. He last won in 2009, although he had 4 second-place and 2 third-place finishes since then.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-15-2021, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    This landed in ye olde in box today.... apparently I've been demoted from a supporter to some guy " who's been around....." Can't make it up ! HA
    I 'm tempted to offer some of my long rifles and rounds for some team-building target practice, but I'm sure SAJ would frown upon that !

As someone who has been around RPI Hockey I am reaching out to you today to share with you a team building activity we have planned for this August. We plan to take the team on a camping trip to Lake Placid, NY from August 16 -18.

This email is a request for camping supplies such as tents and other items our group of 35 could easily pack into our team bus.

We will be doing many things in Lake Placid such as community service and touring the arena where the ECAC championship is played.

Please email me by replying to this email if you have tents or other camping supplies that our program could borrow. We would return these as soon as we return.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
    Head Coach

if they don’t play their way there, at least they can say they were the first team to go to Lake Placid this year

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 15 July 2021. There are 79 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• NAFTA123
    replied

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
    Head Coach

Maybe DS should reconsider and have the retreat at Houston FH for the returnees to get reacquainted and the new players get introduced!!!! But, of course that would require the doors to be open and ice in place!!

Surely, Shirley could make this happen !!

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
    Head Coach

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 14 July 2021. There are 80 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    BTW, the NAHL draft is tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    No insider knowledge, just pure speculation, but I'd keep an eye out for David Wilkie for the assistant opening. 123-78-24 record over 4 seasons. Big culture guy who holds players to high standard, outstanding hockey IQ, great at in-game adjustments. Seems like someone DS would want. Former NHL player too even though that doesn't have to do with coaching.

Got that info from this post on FYC from one of his former assistants at Omaha. The results also speak for themselves http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/144...mment=14907390
    Zach Dubinsky helped recruit an AC also? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    No insider knowledge, just pure speculation, but I'd keep an eye out for David Wilkie for the assistant opening. 123-78-24 record over 4 seasons. Big culture guy who holds players to high standard, outstanding hockey IQ, great at in-game adjustments. Seems like someone DS would want. Former NHL player too even though that doesn't have to do with coaching.

Got that info from this post on FYC from one of his former assistants at Omaha. The results also speak for themselves http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/144...mment=14907390

Leave a comment:

Working...
X