Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 19 August 2021. There are 44 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 18 August 2021. There are 45 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I predict that the BRF! gift this year will be a Puckman mask.
    They will not have many to give out if they eliminate attendance by any external spectators. Perhaps the gift would be a loaded syringe!

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Can't he be here for two years if both he and the coaches want him to be? Supposedly no one used up a year of eligibility in 2020-21.
    Did not think of that - that would be lovely. Good thing you are still here to remind us.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Now there's a parent that never took a probability class. Been a lot of abductions and rapes at that school lately? We have a number of parents with similar thinking in our town too. Some are convinced that masks will be optional this fall. I suspect when the rules come out there will be similar invented concerns expressed.
    I predict that the BRF! gift this year will be a Puckman mask.

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied
    Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    Parents threatening school board members and , in Shenendehowa, a parent was upset because if her daughter was being abducted, rape would be enabled because the girl would not be able to mouth “help me”.
    Now there's a parent that never took a probability class. Been a lot of abductions and rapes at that school lately? We have a number of parents with similar thinking in our town too. Some are convinced that masks will be optional this fall. I suspect when the rules come out there will be similar invented concerns expressed.

Leave a comment:

• 25+years
    replied
    We already sent our check in for tickets and parking and then the statement came out re: spectators. I appreciate the #1 goal has to be trying to have as normal a school year as possible. The more unknowns that can be eliminated the better. Look what’s happening in local school districts over mask requirements because people thought their kids wouldn’t be required to wear them. Parents threatening school board members and , in Shenendehowa, a parent was upset because if her daughter was being abducted, rape would be enabled because the girl would not be able to mouth “help me”. So I think there will be far less of an uproar if fans are not allowed than if the doors are opened and the virus continues to spread, as it is currently doing, and then having to reverse course. Remember lots of fans are kids who are not vaccinated.?I am disappointed, but not angry. Better to have games without fans than to have to shut down like last year.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Yes he could be
    Thanks. I was pretty sure, but I had not used up my quota of errors for the day yet. :-D

I think that Marshall, Baxter, and Sellar are the only ones with just one year left, although I suspect that some others will only stay one year.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied

Can't he be here for two years if both he and the coaches want him to be? Supposedly no one used up a year of eligibility in 2020-21.
    Yes he could be

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

JM: Wouldn't it have been nice for them to be a bit more clear about all of this? Then we would not have to try to figure out what an external spectator is? But I agree that 6'6" and about 230+ pounds that is already NCAA tested looks really nice. Too bad it can be for only one year.

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied

JM: Wouldn't it have been nice for them to be a bit more clear about all of this? Then we would not have to try to figure out what an external spectator is? But I agree that 6'6" and about 230+ pounds that is already NCAA tested looks really nice. Too bad it can be for only one year.
    Yes. Then again... we're talking English here which isn't always a strength for a technical school. Just the use of the word "external" seems like a bad idea. What is an internal spectator exactly? Sounds like someone with an MRI machine.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Well now that it looks like hockey is back... time to shoot the spit. The quote says no external spectators. Perhaps the proper interpretation of that is only RPI students, faculty and employees are allowed? My take is that all of this changes within ~6 weeks or so as the Delta variant runs its course and vaccines are made available to kids 12 and under. That may mean an impact on the beginning of the season but by the 2nd half things should be approaching normalcy. Hopefully. Always best to have a glass half full outlook. That 6'6" kid does look like an interesting get.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 17 August 2021. There are 46 days until RPI's next game.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    More info on the new transfer http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=465

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied

If all schools do not participate this way, then we might be losing what little home advantage a loud cheering crowd can give a team. If this continues all season then perhaps we should retitle the Colgate home game as the Big No Color Freakout?
    Well now that it looks like hockey is back... time to shoot the spit. The quote says no external spectators. Perhaps the proper interpretation of that is only RPI students, faculty and employees are allowed? My take is that all of this changes within ~6 weeks or so as the Delta variant runs its course and vaccines are made available to kids 12 and under. That may mean an impact on the beginning of the season but by the 2nd half things should be approaching normalcy. Hopefully. Always best to have a glass half full outlook. That 6'6" kid does look like an interesting get.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X