X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    RPI is looking for a Hockey Operations Coordinator as expected https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/49...ens-ice-hockey.
    What are they offering in pay and benefits? i have very little on my plate right now.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    RPI is looking for a Hockey Operations Coordinator as expected https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/49...ens-ice-hockey.
    That position is much easier to fill than an assistant coach luckily. Definitely a benefit of promoting from within

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Your loyalty is certainly commendable. However, your willingness to be treated like garbage and tolerate being addressed by the most insulting and degrading terms imaginable is beyond comprehension.

Could you identify just one other entity that you are and have been paying all along from which you would accept this kind of treatment and insults from without taking your business elsewhere. Just one!!!

If your are in the habit of taking this kind of guff from people you have been paying money to, perhaps it is you that should have a great life.

Mine is just fine thank you. That is why people who behave like this can be replaced in a heartbeat.
    I am sorry if I offended you. I was just trying to point out that the team is more important than a lame duck administration.
    The administration has been awful when it comes to sports at the Institute, but I can't let that take away from my years of rooting for this team.
    It has been pointed out to me that you are loyal fan and that your post had nothing to do with the team.
    I know from your posts over the years that you are a passionate fan of the Cherry and White, but when I read the words "taking your business elsewhere", it sounds like you are leaving the team behind. I hope not,
    Don't blame them for a lousy administration that they can't control.
    We need all the fans that we can get.
    I look forward to the coming season, and hope that you do to.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 21 August 2021. There are 42 days (6 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• tony/troy
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I know that you are not a SAJ fan, and I know that words matter.
    But I root for the RPI engineer hockey team, and I don't care what Shirley says, I will continue to root for the team.
    Next year, she will be gone, and hopefully we will get a leader who understands the importance of sport to the students and the fans. One can only hope.
    So If you are truly giving up on the team, have a great life.
    Your loyalty is certainly commendable. However, your willingness to be treated like garbage and tolerate being addressed by the most insulting and degrading terms imaginable is beyond comprehension.

Could you identify just one other entity that you are and have been paying all along from which you would accept this kind of treatment and insults from without taking your business elsewhere. Just one!!!

If your are in the habit of taking this kind of guff from people you have been paying money to, perhaps it is you that should have a great life.

Mine is just fine thank you. That is why people who behave like this can be replaced in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

None of what he wrote had anything to do with the team, so I'm not sure why you're inferring he had given up on them. To the contrary, the guy is as passionate about the team as anyone here....which is why he went to great lengths to express his disdain for the admin.
    Wicked: I really hoped that I was not going to be right about all of this with some of my sarcastic and pessimistic postings over the past year. Jenny and I are still waiting here for some response from Princeton as to whether we will be "allowed" to attend any games at Baker Rink (actually only the visit by RPI). We have always been willing to purchase season tickets even if it was for only the one game and donated or gave away the tickets to just about every other game.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by sezenack View Post

The field house box office was left in the dark until the email, so you can be assured the coach and the team certainly wasn't aware either.
    Sad. I just now rec'd an email from the HFH Box office confirming "..we will not be processing season ticket applications or individual game ticket sales to any non-campus community members." To add confusion, for some reason it goes on to state: " " An exception may be granted for the "approved special events" though we need to gain clarification and specifics on that. " "

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied
    Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more feedback here about the "external spectators" ban. I have no choice but to be suspicious as the delivery of the news was buried inside the student return to campus plan and came after the season ticket solicitation and the golf outing. I'd be willing to bet that the Coach and the team again were left in the dark on this policy. I have no confidence that they'll be allowing fans in the HFH this season... I sure as heck hope I'm wrong. I WILL be attending live hockey games this fall wherever I am welcome, be it in Schenectady or elsewhere.
    The field house box office was left in the dark until the email, so you can be assured the coach and the team certainly wasn't aware either.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more feedback here about the "external spectators" ban. I have no choice but to be suspicious as the delivery of the news was buried inside the student return to campus plan and came after the season ticket solicitation and the golf outing. I'd be willing to bet that the Coach and the team again were left in the dark on this policy. I have no confidence that they'll be allowing fans in the HFH this season... I sure as heck hope I'm wrong. I WILL be attending live hockey games this fall wherever I am welcome, be it in Schenectady or elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

But I root for the RPI engineer hockey team, and I don't care what Shirley says, I will continue to root for the team.
    Next year, she will be gone, and hopefully we will get a leader who understands the importance of sport to the students and the fans. One can only hope.
    None of what he wrote had anything to do with the team, so I'm not sure why you're inferring he had given up on them. To the contrary, the guy is as passionate about the team as anyone here....which is why he went to great lengths to express his disdain for the admin.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
    Check your email. For those who got the one I just got it certainly appears you can forget about seeing any Rensselaer athletic team in person at home for the foreseeable future.

Homecoming weekend in mid October was changed from an in person event to a virtual event.

However and in the interest of ALWAYS emphasizing the positive, this email intended mostly for alumni and donors contained no degrading terminology such as "external alumni" or "external contributors".

Such degradation, distain, utter contempt, outright dislike and, yes, even hatred was limited only to the long standing loyal, committed and dedicated fan base who live in the immediate area who were referred to earlier as "external spectators".

Also keep in mind that last summer there was a "comprehensive plan for return to athletic competition" of several pages in length both posted to the athletic website AND released to the local media. It did not even last 24 hours on the website before being taken down. Regardless, the last item on whatever the last page was (sure wish I printed it while it was still up) dealt with the fan base. It read simply "Management Of Spectators- To Be Determined".

Of course, those who live in reality know full well that it is paying customers that "manage" any entity and not the other way around.

As for the "management" part, I am at a loss as to exactly what the fan base was being equated to. Was it traffic management? Put up a stop sign, a traffic light, a no turn on red sign or build a rotary? Was it wildlife management or fish and fowl management? Issue more or less hunting licenses for both the land based and flying creatures?? Stock the body of water with more fish?

Terminology used is often a glimpse of the workings of the inner minds of those who use it and exactly what they really think of those they are referring to (the fan base). Lets also not forget the terminology used during playoff week a year ago March when it was decided that the fan base needed to be "socially separated" (not distanced but separated).
    External spectators, management of spectators, to be determined, socially separated. Really!!! How hard is it really to make the case that the institute's hierarchy (NOT THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT) looks down on the fan base as being little more than animals that are possibly semi domesticated, housebroken and could possibly be allowed to spend the night indoors? But only we "superior beings" decide when those night are allowed to happen!!!

Quite bluntly, the "animals" already know that they have already done just fine without them for well over a year now. From there it is not exactly a long leap for even the "animals" to figure out that they can do just fine without them for good.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Today is 20 August 2021. There are 43 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• tony/troy
    replied
    Check your email. For those who got the one I just got it certainly appears you can forget about seeing any Rensselaer athletic team in person at home for the foreseeable future.

Homecoming weekend in mid October was changed from an in person event to a virtual event.

However and in the interest of ALWAYS emphasizing the positive, this email intended mostly for alumni and donors contained no degrading terminology such as "external alumni" or "external contributors".

Such degradation, distain, utter contempt, outright dislike and, yes, even hatred was limited only to the long standing loyal, committed and dedicated fan base who live in the immediate area who were referred to earlier as "external spectators".

Also keep in mind that last summer there was a "comprehensive plan for return to athletic competition" of several pages in length both posted to the athletic website AND released to the local media. It did not even last 24 hours on the website before being taken down. Regardless, the last item on whatever the last page was (sure wish I printed it while it was still up) dealt with the fan base. It read simply "Management Of Spectators- To Be Determined".

Of course, those who live in reality know full well that it is paying customers that "manage" any entity and not the other way around.

As for the "management" part, I am at a loss as to exactly what the fan base was being equated to. Was it traffic management? Put up a stop sign, a traffic light, a no turn on red sign or build a rotary? Was it wildlife management or fish and fowl management? Issue more or less hunting licenses for both the land based and flying creatures?? Stock the body of water with more fish?

Terminology used is often a glimpse of the workings of the inner minds of those who use it and exactly what they really think of those they are referring to (the fan base). Lets also not forget the terminology used during playoff week a year ago March when it was decided that the fan base needed to be "socially separated" (not distanced but separated).
    External spectators, management of spectators, to be determined, socially separated. Really!!! How hard is it really to make the case that the institute's hierarchy (NOT THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT) looks down on the fan base as being little more than animals that are possibly semi domesticated, housebroken and could possibly be allowed to spend the night indoors? But only we "superior beings" decide when those night are allowed to happen!!!

Quite bluntly, the "animals" already know that they have already done just fine without them for well over a year now. From there it is not exactly a long leap for even the "animals" to figure out that they can do just fine without them for good.

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied

I predict that the BRF! gift this year will be a Puckman mask.
    Not a bad idea... think I'd like one of those for work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X